Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official too little too late for Gruden thread. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
« #15 : December 17, 2006, 05:14:13 PM »

I'm not touching this one with a 10 foot pole....

That's right.  Everyone should just walk away very slowly...

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #16 : December 17, 2006, 05:14:31 PM »

I'm not touching this one with a 10 foot pole....
Good idea...

BucfaninDC

Starter

« #17 : December 17, 2006, 05:15:50 PM »

It is only 1 game.  I can't say the system 'works' based on just today's game performance.  They need to show they can do this week in and week out.  Consistency has been lacking from this offense.  I'll support Gruden for 1 more year, even longer if he is willing to get an OC.  Different perspective during the game would help.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

« #18 : December 17, 2006, 05:18:50 PM »

It's more than 1 game.  The looks have been there ALL season.  Simms and Gradkowski couldn't deliver.  Rattay did today.  He may not next week but he did today.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

« #19 : December 17, 2006, 05:21:06 PM »

It's more than 1 game. The looks have been there ALL season. Simms and Gradkowski couldn't deliver. Rattay did today. He may not next week but he did today.
Exactly

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #20 : December 17, 2006, 05:23:12 PM »

The system won us four playoff games in a row and a SB. That's enough for me to know that
if we have the right players, we'll be fine. I am annoyed that Rattay didn't get the shot before
Grads but at least we'll get a high draft pick. Would we have made the playoffs with Rattay
at the helm the entire time? Doubt it. But we'll never know. Garcia is looking better and
better the more I think about it. But Rattay deserves the rest of the season. However,
I am worried he could ruin the draft position. But I'll  never root against my team.

BucfaninDC

Starter

« #21 : December 17, 2006, 05:23:28 PM »

It's more than 1 game.  The looks have been there ALL season.  Simms and Gradkowski couldn't deliver.  Rattay did today.  He may not next week but he did today.

Its easy to SAY the looks have been there, but if only so-and-so would have done this or that...

You actually have to produce results consistenly to make a case for this sytem though.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #22 : December 17, 2006, 05:25:38 PM »

No, I think it's been obvious that the looks have been there and the passes have sucked.
It's more than just saying. Just watch tape of the games. And we don't even see the film
that Gru and Co. see in film sessions. He's not bashful at saying that the looks are there
andthe QBs are not hitting/seeing them.

BucfaninDC

Starter

« #23 : December 17, 2006, 05:31:12 PM »

No, I think it's been obvious that the looks have been there and the passes have sucked.
It's more than just saying. Just watch tape of the games. And we don't even see the film
that Gru and Co. see in film sessions. He's not bashful at saying that the looks are there
andthe QBs are not hitting/seeing them.

Apparently some of you aren't management, different mentality I guess.  I don't want to hear excuses or woulda, shoulda, coulda crap.  Just want to see results and see them consistently.  What took him 10 weeks to make the change that would produce those results?

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
« #24 : December 17, 2006, 05:35:17 PM »

to let Gruden coach this team next year, management might as well give him a 3 year extension. Dont let this guy spend all the FA money, and draft a bunch of rookies only to fire him if we don't win next year.

I feel a change of coach is essential, let the new coach shop for his own groceries and then give him 3 years to produce.

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #25 : December 17, 2006, 05:44:11 PM »

Not sure what some of these other posters think happened today but I feel this team got a couple breaks and got back into this game. They didnt play for their coach who came in with a terrible gameplan, they wanted to win this game for each other. There is a lot of pride on this team and they want to win. But IMO the coach the game today was in spite of their coach not because of their coach.

Just because you drilled a glory hole in the wall of the locker room doesn't give you any insight into what the team is thinking...

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
« #26 : December 17, 2006, 06:36:56 PM »

Not sure what some of these other posters think happened today but I feel this team got a couple breaks and got back into this game. They didnt play for their coach who came in with a terrible gameplan, they wanted to win this game for each other. There is a lot of pride on this team and they want to win. But IMO the coach the game today was in spite of their coach not because of their coach.

Just because you drilled a glory hole in the wall of the locker room doesn't give you any insight into what the team is thinking...

Body languege and the play on the field tell all.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #27 : December 17, 2006, 06:48:02 PM »

Asinine statement, what the coach came in with was a terrible depth chart and apparently has for 10 games now.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#2Linebacker32

Starter

« #28 : December 17, 2006, 06:53:30 PM »

No the looks have been there all season long. I have been to about 3 home games and there are people running wide open all the time and Grad is not seeing then. Its on the QB and today realyl showed that Gruden wasnt making excuses when he was saying the look are there all season long. Ratty was seeing those looks. and i dont want to hear about hey they didnt prepeare for Ratty. Thay guy hass been hin this leauge for 6 years they got tape on him. they knew this week they might see him because it was known after last game that Ratty was going to play this week. It was just a matter of time. a good QB can work wonders for a team. Lets see.  Ask Baltimore and New Orleans how importand a QB is..

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

« #29 : December 17, 2006, 06:54:14 PM »

LMAO....now that was funny!

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official too little too late for Gruden thread. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools