Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL live hyping Favre to Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

#105 : July 08, 2008, 10:27:55 PM

Hate - we actually agree completely on both desire for Favre and WR....

LOL.... we don't have to agree on EVERYthing.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#106 : July 08, 2008, 10:42:52 PM

This is something that shouldnt even be considered until the Packers make up their mind what to do. The ball is in their court. Everything beyond that is pure speculation.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#107 : July 09, 2008, 09:23:04 AM

If the option is Rodgers - Pass.

Rodgers is a Jeff Tedford disciple.

complete list of Jeff Tedford System QB's:

Trent Dilfer
Akili Smith
Joey Harrington
Kyle Boller

Double NO THANKS.

In my opinion the only college coach with a similar record of QB products being "less than advetised" is Petrino - Brohm's college coach and ironically GB's other option...

triple no thanks...

Look where they all played. Maybe they were just mentally soft and couldn't wrap their minds around playing for turd franchises

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#108 : July 10, 2008, 10:53:57 PM

Let's see...

Keep Garcia, whose whining about his contract, likely will play in only 10-12 games and we'll be lucky to get 15 TDs out of...

or Favre...one of the greatest QBs ever to play the game coming of one of his best seasons as a Pro.

Hmmm.....lemme think about that.

If the Bucs can get Favre for a 3rd round draft pick - I say HELL YES...and good luck to Jeff finding a starting job somewhere else in the NFL.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#109 : July 10, 2008, 11:16:06 PM

For all the supposed intracacies of our offense, it surely hasn't translated to the field. I'm pretty sure that Favre could pick up enough to surpass the 18 tds we got from the qb position last year.
I am sure he could as well...and not that I would not like Favre as a Buc...but keep in mind he might throw 20 TDs, and possibly (quite) about the same amount of INTs...

Just sayin'...

He makes the offense a lot better instantly, but he also puts a lot more pressure on the defense because Favre throws a lot of stupid passes...good thing he would have the Bucs defense to cover for him though (theoretically of course).

Booker

Hall of Famer

#110 : July 11, 2008, 03:38:13 PM

Favre asks for a release from the Packers. On Espn and ESPN News

JC510

Practice Squad

#111 : July 11, 2008, 03:45:36 PM

Trade them Simms for Favre straight up. They need an experience backup.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#112 : July 11, 2008, 03:49:44 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3483521

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#113 : July 12, 2008, 11:07:06 AM

I dont see how Favre would be that big of an upgrade. Sure he's better than Garcia but you are pulling off a bandaid only to put another one back on. We still dont have a future QB and we would blow every bit of cap space we have right now. So forget about finding a future QB. And forget about upgrading the WR position.

If cap space gets the Bucs on the doorstep of the Super Bowl (and adding Favre I believe would do that), then I say SPEND AWAY!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#114 : July 12, 2008, 01:10:23 PM

Cap space isn't a problem in acquiring Favre.

Reality is I can't imagine TT letting Favre go without compensation. 
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL live hyping Favre to Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools