Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL live hyping Favre to Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 03, 2008, 08:55:16 PM

Garcia and Favre are both old. Thing is, Favre NEVER gets hurt...Garcia WILL get hurt.

I call BS on that... Favre hurt his thumb several years ago and was terrible for the rest of the year because he refused to go out and let it heal.

He gets hurt...he just doesnt go out of the game.

graypilgrim

Starter

#16 : July 03, 2008, 08:57:42 PM

I would like to see us stop using old QBs, find some good young talent and groom someone to be the QB here. Of course then some would not have anything to talk about.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#17 : July 03, 2008, 09:18:45 PM

IF, I repeat, IF Favre had been here for the off season program, the Bucs would have a realistic shot at playing in the SB in their home stadium. He didn't, and the puckers are not going to trade him to any team in the NFC IF he decides he wants to play another year. Wasted speculation. It ain't gonna' happen.

#18 : July 03, 2008, 09:27:17 PM

Favre over Garcia for sure.   Pay the guy TWICE what Garcia gets, just for the entertainment value.   Favre isnt going to miss any games, and Garcia is one hit away from missing 4 games again with a back injury. 

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#19 : July 03, 2008, 09:29:26 PM

If it meant us being the 32nd team in the 2009 NFL draft, you bet your bottom dollar I would trade that first rounder. Favre has the arm to stretch the field. We have the speed at the receiver position. We have the O-line. We definitely have the defense. We could make it to the bowl with Favre.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#20 : July 03, 2008, 10:15:50 PM

Garcia and Favre are both old. Thing is, Favre NEVER gets hurt...Garcia WILL get hurt.

I call a subject for debate on that... Favre hurt his thumb several years ago and was terrible for the rest of the year because he refused to go out and let it heal.

He gets hurt...he just doesnt go out of the game.
You just KILLED your own call for arms.  He hurt it SEVERAL seasons ago, and still played better than ANY QB the BUcs have EVER had.  And he had a 3 billion game streak going, and gets his booty handed to him, and pops right back up, and slings away...

The guy is as tough, if not the TOUGHEST, they get.  His legs are not there anymore, I missed the day of his little scrambles, but Garcia gets hurt and misses games, which precludes the obvious...

If Favre got hurt, IF he came back, I doubt he would make note of it...he is a MAN'S MAN.  Period.

BUt he is not going to be a Buc.  Ever.

Or there will be some VERY happy dude in the middle of nowhere with a misprinted Bucs jersey that is going to be smiling from ear to ear...as well as us...

Favre would make this team a Lombardi contender.  Legit.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#21 : July 03, 2008, 10:29:12 PM

You're damn right he would Boid!

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : July 03, 2008, 10:43:36 PM

Remeber all the interceptions he throws?  In fact he has the record for the most TDs AND the most INTs....I love the gun slinger in him, but loses games being reckless that he should win.  He just can't resist trying to fit the ball in between 20 defense guys and his receiver.  Love him, but don't want here...but I bet Gruden does!!!  He'd never leave the office designing all those plays for Brett.  LOL

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#23 : July 03, 2008, 10:54:28 PM

160 career wins. 442 td's. 288 int's. 61,655 yds. Enough said. /thread

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#24 : July 03, 2008, 11:34:14 PM

I hear Gruden is interested in acquiring Steve Young, hear he's got the "itch" too.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

#25 : July 03, 2008, 11:43:43 PM

I'll go out on a limb and say Steve Young, right now, has a stronger arm than Garcia.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#26 : July 04, 2008, 12:49:59 AM

I'll go out on a limb and say Steve Young, right now, has a stronger arm than Garcia.
Great big redwood limb you are standing on there HatedaEagles.  Got room for about fifty more?

#27 : July 04, 2008, 01:50:08 AM

Hell, Gradkowski's arm strength is comparable to Garcia's.  The difference is Jeff is a bit more accurate and can see the windows early enough to do something about it.  Sooner or later that lack if arm strength will kill us though....

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : July 04, 2008, 02:46:26 AM

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 04, 2008, 05:57:32 AM

Chris Simms has a stronger arm than Garcia. Simms can launch the ball 50+ yards.

But there is a lot more to being a QB than arm strength.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL live hyping Favre to Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools