Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would You Vote for an Atheist for President? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 14 15 16

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#225 : July 06, 2008, 12:10:40 PM

While you seem to be an enlightened and thoughtful person, Jason, I think that many of us would have to disagree with you that most Christians share these attributes.

Yeah, I guess your right there...maybe I'm generalizing a bit much. Maybe I should refresh that as "well read Christians". Those who go outside the bible, look at history, other sources like the Book of Enoch, the Apocrypha, and the Dead Sea Scrolls. I have a friend at work who started his own religion....base on the earliest of writing of the New Testament and removing all the pagan influences. Basically, his goal is to worship as the 1st century christians did.

I admit, I can't conform that much.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#226 : July 06, 2008, 12:13:08 PM

This may seem a little absurd, but wasn't Adolph Hitler a well read christian?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#227 : July 06, 2008, 12:19:33 PM

While you seem to be an enlightened and thoughtful person, Jason, I think that many of us would have to disagree with you that most Christians share these attributes.

Yeah, I guess your right there...maybe I'm generalizing a bit much. Maybe I should refresh that as "well read Christians". Those who go outside the bible, look at history, other sources like the Book of Enoch, the Apocrypha, and the Dead Sea Scrolls. I have a friend at work who started his own religion....base on the earliest of writing of the New Testament and removing all the pagan influences. Basically, his goal is to worship as the 1st century christians did.

I admit, I can't conform that much.

Jason, just so I'm clear...

You say he died for our sins and for the heaven stuff. So do you think he was the SoG?

Page: 1 ... 14 15 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would You Vote for an Atheist for President? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools