Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib and Boyd in fight at Rookie Symposium « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
: July 06, 2008, 06:15:01 PM

Well there's a valid comparison - two kids talk mean to each other and Bad Newz Kennels, Ron Mexico, the Love Boat and what appears to be one of the great cheats in college ball are used as comparisons.

Hmmm - so when he is right all is good, and when he is wrong all is good?  Oh - that's right - Florio discovered it wasn't a fight - and dropped the updates.  Seeing those that continue to use old, inaccurate news to make an point against teh organization is an eye opener. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 06, 2008, 05:55:17 PM

You guys don't like this because it makes the Bucs look bad, but I'm sure you loved it when PFT was the ONLY source who talked about Michael Vick's Bad Newz Kennels and the Ron Mexico saga.

It's one thing to be objective, it's another to be a "hater" (present posters excluded) and argumentitive.  I can't think of one fan that is alright with bad stuff being presented to the public about their team.  Right, wrong, or indifferent...
You have to take the good with the bad and not be a cry baby. If you like that they report on Bad Newz Kennels, Ron Mexico, the Love Boat, Reggie Bush, etc., when mainstream outlets won't touch it, you have to deal with it when someone on your team does something to get into the crosshairs. As for players like Stevens, Boston, Talib, etc., PFT was on the record as declaring them turds way before they signed with the Bucs. No one is singling out the Bucs. It's simple - Florio lays out who he considers turds, and if your team decides to take a chance on them you're going to hear about it. If you think it's funny when he calls players like Vince Young "Uncle Rico", you have to take it when he makes fun of Jon Gruden as being "the QB collector".

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#2 : July 06, 2008, 05:32:04 PM

You guys don't like this because it makes the Bucs look bad, but I'm sure you loved it when PFT was the ONLY source who talked about Michael Vick's Bad Newz Kennels and the Ron Mexico saga.

or the "Love Boat" scandal or the Reggie Bush mess.....LOOOOOOOONG before it was reported by the more "reputable" sites.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 06, 2008, 05:36:58 PM

It's one thing to be objective, it's another to be a "hater" (present posters excluded) and argumentitive.  I can't think of one fan that is alright with bad stuff being presented to the public about their team.  Right, wrong, or indifferent...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 06, 2008, 03:06:53 PM

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : July 06, 2008, 02:49:09 PM

Almost worthy of the tallest midget presentation. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 06, 2008, 02:46:12 PM

The fact that interest is drummed up enough to have some on this board owing a lot of credence to the site and the information on the site would indicate that he's doing what he sets out to do. I don't think he has an anti Buc slant. Rumor sites by nature would lend themselves to negative information.

This rumor site happens to be far more accurate than ESPN or the much confused with PFW.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : July 03, 2008, 04:16:00 PM

It is begining to appear your assessment is right Cerious - much ado - and no facts...

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#8 : July 03, 2008, 03:59:46 PM

Thanks for the update yuccaneers. I was very disappointed when I heard about Aqib Talib getting into a fight with Cory Boyd at the rookie symposium. It's good to hear that the fight wasn't as big of a deal as the media made it out to be.

I wouldn't even call it a fight as much at it appears to be a freaking argument! I said it this morning and I'll repeat it now, sometimes a heated argument can be referred to as a fight. I chalked the whole thing up to Florio using sensationalism to drum up hits on his website. That's garbage journalism right there and I'm sad that PR decided to quote PFT in a rush to keep us informed. :(

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#9 : July 03, 2008, 03:05:05 PM

LOL, olaf.

What's funny is that I would trust Yuc and DTG way before I'd trust PFT.  Ugh, TC needs to hurry up and start so we can start getting real news.

#10 : July 03, 2008, 02:39:27 PM

Contrary to statements and intonements made by certain media sources (one of which being ProFootballTalk.com, the other more local), the supposed "fight" between Bucs Rookies Talib and Boyd are greatly exagerated.

According to a source close ot the situation, heated words were exchanged and the two men may have gotten in one another's faces, but that's as far as it went before Rob Davis (The Packers Director of Development) stepped between them.

Tempers were still flaring as they left the room, and they exchanged a couple words (from a distance) as they left.

That's as far as the incident went. There was no fight at all. No swinging of punches.

Ratings seem more important than facts in todays media sources it seems.

Link?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#11 : July 03, 2008, 02:36:17 PM

According to my sources, no punches were thrown.  It was a bunch of jawing and trash talking.  Maybe in each other's faces, but that's it. 

OK, so my sources are DTG and Yuc, at least I have sources.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#12 : July 03, 2008, 01:37:00 PM

Thanks for the update yuccaneers.  I was very disappointed when I heard about Aqib Talib getting into a fight with Cory Boyd at the rookie symposium.  It's good to hear that the fight wasn't as big of a deal as the media made it out to be.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : July 03, 2008, 01:43:03 PM

Ok, from everything I've been able to gather after making a couple of calls is that this was a heated argument but nobody threw any punches. If my information is correct, there was no tussle, these guys weren't punching each other in the face or rolling on the floor. They were told to leave the room and they did, though they continued to jaw on the way out.

Reports seem to make it sound a bit worse than it really was.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#14 : July 03, 2008, 01:45:54 PM

Oops, I didn't read your post before I made mine, Yuccaneers. It appears that in this case our information jibes.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib and Boyd in fight at Rookie Symposium « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools