Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib and Boyd in fight at Rookie Symposium « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#120 : July 06, 2008, 09:56:55 AM

I like a 7th rounder with a chip on his shoulder out to prove that he belongs with the likes of Talib.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#121 : July 06, 2008, 10:08:29 AM

I doubt this is even true because as far as I can tell Florio is the only one who has sources that gave any info on this, then he teases it (which he never does), it's on a slow news day and he is becoming tiresome with his obvious attempts to put a negative spin on anything Bucs related. Most likely Talib glared at Boyd for like 3 seconds, that gets run through the "Florio a subject for debate Machine" and it comes out as them going through a 5 round UFC style brawl.
Why does Florio care about negative spinning the Bucs?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#122 : July 06, 2008, 10:17:25 AM

I like a 7th rounder with a chip on his shoulder out to prove that he belongs with the likes of Talib.

If he wants to prove that, he'll have to learn to control his emotions, and turn that passion into production.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#123 : July 06, 2008, 10:31:11 AM

That's a great question but it will likely never get answered.
It's much the same as when he was asked why he was ripping the Bucs (and Bucs only)  for being classless after signing Stevens to a one year low salary deal, yet made no mention of the Seahawks being classless when they used a 1st round pick for him and gave him millions of dollars despite the allegations being known before said draft.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#124 : July 06, 2008, 12:03:23 PM

That's a great question but it will likely never get answered.
It's much the same as when he was asked why he was ripping the Bucs (and Bucs only)  for being classless after signing Stevens to a one year low salary deal, yet made no mention of the Seahawks being classless when they used a 1st round pick for him and gave him millions of dollars despite the allegations being known before said draft.

After reading this long thread it appears:

1. That PFT is trying to drum up readership and notoriety by becoming the National Enquirer of Pro Football.   

2. That many including a certain talk show host consider this source to be the "bible" of the NFL.

3. It did get its desired "effect" with many.

4.  Reality-  over blown to get attention to PFT and Florio.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#125 : July 07, 2008, 11:57:54 AM

You guys don't like this because it makes the Bucs look bad, but I'm sure you loved it when PFT was the ONLY source who talked about Michael Vick's Bad Newz Kennels and the Ron Mexico saga.

Now that is some comparison?   How one makes that kind of a stretch is a real head scratcher.

Vick was involved with all sorts of criminal behavior and committed de**CENSORED**able acts on man's best friend.   This is comparable to a couple of players jawing at each other?    WOW!  just WOW!

#126 : July 07, 2008, 09:53:29 PM

PFT.com's latest on "the fight":

BUCS STILL NOT TALKING ABOUT TALIB-BOYD SCUFFLE

Posted by Mike Florio on July 7, 2008, 9:33 p.m.

It’s been nearly a week since we reported that Bucs rookies Aqib Talib and Cory Boyd interpreted the phrase “rookie symposium” to mean “fight night.”

The Buccaneers have since been silent on the subject.

The didn’t respond to requests for comment from our friends at Pewter Report, or from our budding acquaintances at the St. Petersburg Times.

Most recently, the Bucs told the folks at Pro Football Weekly (whom we don’t know but with whom we’re routinely confused), “once we have a comment, we will release a comment.”

The options are fairly narrow on this one.  Either the team will deny that a fight occurred, or the team will admit that a fight occurred.  Or the team will say nothing.

The silence tends to suggest that something indeed occurred (because, well, it did), and that the Bucs are merely hoping that the whole thing will go away before they are forced to acknowledge that the man whom coach Jon Gruden has touted as the future “face of the franchise” could eventually have his face on a mugshot.

Looks like they're sticking to their story that a fight did actually take place.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#127 : July 07, 2008, 10:06:15 PM

You guys don't like this because it makes the Bucs look bad, but I'm sure you loved it when PFT was the ONLY source who talked about Michael Vick's Bad Newz Kennels and the Ron Mexico saga.

Now that is some comparison?   How one makes that kind of a stretch is a real head scratcher.

Vick was involved with all sorts of criminal behavior and committed de**CENSORED**able acts on man's best friend.   This is comparable to a couple of players jawing at each other?    WOW!  just WOW!
How about when Vick's "friend" got caught stealing a security guard's watch at the airport? Is that small time enough for you?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#128 : July 07, 2008, 10:33:00 PM

^^^ ??? ^^^

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#129 : July 08, 2008, 12:01:35 PM

I'd say yea - that is small enough - guess I glossed over reading that one FRG - because I don't recall reading that one.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Runole

Hall of Famer
#130 : July 08, 2008, 04:38:45 PM

I'd say yea - that is small enough - guess I glossed over reading that one FRG - because I don't recall reading that one.

I would tend to possibly agree if it can actually be confirmed by both parties that they actually spoke angrily towards each other. ;D

"Your mother wears combat boots"...  "Your sister is so ugly that stork that brought her into this world should be arrested!"  Woof woof!!

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#131 : July 08, 2008, 04:40:46 PM

People are still talking about this? Didn't you hear Brett Favre has challenged both of them to a three way boxing match

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#132 : July 08, 2008, 07:23:49 PM

Is it a challenge if it is a text message or is that just showing interest...  LOL

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#133 : July 09, 2008, 04:01:18 PM

Is it a challenge if it is a text message or is that just showing interest...  LOL

Well according to Favre it's all rumors.
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib and Boyd in fight at Rookie Symposium « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools