Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib and Boyd in fight at Rookie Symposium « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#15 : July 03, 2008, 01:32:09 PM

Contrary to statements and intonements made by certain media sources (one of which being ProFootballTalk.com, the other more local), the supposed "fight" between Bucs Rookies Talib and Boyd are greatly exagerated.

According to a source close ot the situation, heated words were exchanged and the two men may have gotten in one another's faces, but that's as far as it went before Rob Davis (The Packers Director of Development) stepped between them.

Tempers were still flaring as they left the room, and they exchanged a couple words (from a distance) as they left.

That's as far as the incident went. There was no fight at all. No swinging of punches.

Ratings seem more important than facts in todays media sources it seems.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 03, 2008, 12:54:44 PM

Can someone explain to me how this is a big deal? Guys get in fights all the time.

It's not a big deal. Probably just an argument with a shoving match thrown in.

You mean, a TYSON fight.. right?

#17 : July 03, 2008, 12:53:34 PM

Can someone explain to me how this is a big deal? Guys get in fights all the time.

It's not a big deal. Probably just an argument with a shoving match thrown in.

Balls Out

Starter
#18 : July 03, 2008, 11:38:43 AM

umm, can we say no big deal? this type of crap happens all the time in OTA's, TC, MC, during the season, etc.... these are grown men, and emotions get hot. it's in house, not at some strip club or bar, and will be handled in house. so again, i say no big deal...

I'd rather it did happen at a bar rather than at a financial planning seminar...however, I still don't think this is a big deal at all, just look at the clash of personalities.

In one corner you have a **CENSORED**y, never lost for words kinda guy VS. the hot head

If Aqib is anything like the **CENSORED**y/mouthy guys I know, he can smell the weakness in Boyd a mile away and I bet he was picking at him until Boyd had enough and snapped. I'd go as far as to say they've been at each other from the get go and it finally came to a head after being in the same meeting room for 'x' amount of time.

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 03, 2008, 12:38:03 PM

We can play this down all we like, but the biggest concerns on Talib before the draft were his level of maturity and the trouble he had got into in the past. Given that, the last thing you wanna see is your 1st rounder involved in a fight a mere 2 months after he has been drafted, and with a teammate no less.

Agreed. However I do know as well as anyone.... One minute your fighting with a guy, the next, your sitting down drinking a beer with him. Maybe they'll become best buds after thay bust each other open a few times? Silly enough, some of my friends were made that way.

At least this is NOW, and not in the middle of the season. Either let them fight and get it over with, kick Boyd to the curb, or just keep them away from each other. Btw, this stuff happens ALL the time on football teams, It's NOT that bad of an issue. It CAN be dealt with at this point of the season. They MAY even try "one-upsmanship" against each other, which helps in a lot of ways. I think they'll be fine, and this is just a drip-drop in a BIG pond.

EDIT ---> It is kind of embarassing acting up like that in a PUBLIC NFL meeting though. IMO, both should have some sort of punishment.

ANOTHER EDIT--> Boyd Just seems like a bigmouth and a (expletive)-head. Plus, I simply can't see why a guy who JUST got drafted would start anything with anyone, unless aggrivated or acted upon. Unless the Talib was smoking the reefer again, I'll have to take his side on this one (for now).

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#20 : July 03, 2008, 11:39:12 AM

OK i can see beating down some clown from another team, but dam fighting each other in public at a NFL meeting, not cool

MBF

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 03, 2008, 04:26:18 PM

"- much ado - and no facts..."

Typical PFT reporting dbucfan. Turns my stomach reading comments from our own fans and fans of other teams about a fight that never occured.
It's sad that people actually believe some of the drivel on PFT.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#22 : July 03, 2008, 04:24:15 PM

Another thing:

None of the major news sources reported on this incident. Know why? Probably because the contacted reliable NFL sources and found the whole thing to be a non-story.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#23 : July 03, 2008, 04:21:43 PM

"- much ado - and no facts..."

Typical PFT reporting dbucfan. Turns my stomach reading comments from our own fans and fans of other teams about a fight that never occured.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#24 : July 02, 2008, 11:06:29 PM

From PFT

SYMPOSIUM SLUGGERS IDENTIFIED
Posted by Mike Florio on July 2, 2008, 10:51 p.m.

We’ve been able to confirm via two sources the names of the rookies who were involved in a symposium slugfest.

The players were Aqib Talib and Cory Boyd.  Talib was a first-round pick of the Buccaneers; Boyd was a seventh-round selection of the same team.

The players were in a budget and finances meeting, where rookies from four teams were gathered.  Talib and Boyd had been jawing at each other for a while, and it came to a head during that specific session.

Few are surprised by the development.  Boyd was suspended by South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier in 2005.  Boyd was forced to apologize upon returning in 2006, after scoring a touchdown and uttering for the camera, “I’m back!  I’m back liked cooked crack!”

Talib’s draft stock fell due to repeated positive drug test results while at Kansas.  As one league source explained Talib to us on Wednesday night, “Trouble just follows Talib. . . .  He can’t help himself, and it’s never his fault.”

It’s unknown whether the players were or will be disciplined.

That's just great....more negitive publicity.  [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

gdavis

Starter

#25 : July 02, 2008, 11:21:12 PM

Here is a link for the 'cooked crack' line.  Real swell guys the Bucs have on their roster.  

Those PlayStation All-Americans up there thinking they know football because they watched a game on TV.
--B. Bowden

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 02, 2008, 11:20:41 PM

Somebody better give Talib a big glass of maturity before training camp. Don't care who was the instigator, Talib has to be the one to just walk away and remove yourself from any situation where there might be trouble brewing.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 02, 2008, 11:24:12 PM

*Sigh* here we go again.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#28 : July 02, 2008, 11:28:25 PM

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

#29 : July 02, 2008, 11:30:08 PM

This should get interesting. I'm hoping this is being overblown and we didn't pass on say um......... Mendenhall, for this type of nonsense.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib and Boyd in fight at Rookie Symposium « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools