Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib and Boyd in fight at Rookie Symposium « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

alldaway

Hall of Famer
« #30 : July 02, 2008, 11:34:04 PM »

Kids these days. :D

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

« #31 : July 02, 2008, 11:34:38 PM »

Ehhhhh who cares, as long as the guy performs on Sundays like I'm sure he will it's all good.

Madman

Hall of Famer

« #32 : July 02, 2008, 11:36:11 PM »

Eh, I don't mind a rookie who's a little brash.

I remember Shockey was involved in a much publicized fight as a rookie. He turned out okay.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
« #33 : July 02, 2008, 11:37:51 PM »

This should get interesting. I'm hoping this is being overblown and we didn't pass on say um......... Mendenhall, for this type of nonsense.

It is not a big deal long term (hopefully) but I have to agree with nitey that more negative publicity isn't what this team needs this off season.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

« #34 : July 02, 2008, 11:41:04 PM »

Please dont get me started playstallamer just dont do it.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
« #35 : July 02, 2008, 11:53:45 PM »

We can play this down all we like, but the biggest concerns on Talib before the draft were his level of maturity and the trouble he had got into in the past. Given that, the last thing you wanna see is your 1st rounder involved in a fight a mere 2 months after he has been drafted, and with a teammate no less.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future.” - Josh Freeman

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

« #36 : July 03, 2008, 12:30:59 AM »

Well camp should be fun! ;D :o ::)

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #37 : July 03, 2008, 12:36:38 AM »

Another wasted draft pick.

The Q

Pro Bowler

« #38 : July 03, 2008, 12:40:29 AM »

LOL wasted draft pick? Com'on, it dummies at a meeting letting their lips overload their azzes.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

« #39 : July 03, 2008, 12:45:09 AM »

Oh no two young football players in a physical altercation....what has the world come to?

C'mon this is nothing. At least this shows they have some pep in their step.

gousfbulls

Starter

« #40 : July 03, 2008, 01:00:42 AM »

Oh no two young football players in a physical altercation....what has the world come to?

I wish that were the case. What it really shows is that our first-round draft pick cannot control himself enough in a seated business environment; he couldn't just walk away, leave the room or ignore the guy. Now, tell me, when game-day pressure is on, and Talib is lined up against one of the better receivers in the league, and that receiver happens to trash-talk him quite a bit, what will happen? Will he grab face masks, push the guy, throw a punch? Will he wind up costing the team in terms of stupid 15 yard penalties? What if a fan in the street just happens to yell "Aqib, you suck" or something along those lines? Is he going to "keep it real"?

What this shows is that the concerns over his maturity are not unfounded. I hope he (and Boyd) get an earful and an asskicking for this.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

« #41 : July 03, 2008, 01:08:43 AM »

That's not "Pep!" That's FREAKIN EMBRASSING! Talib just bought himself a "I WILL NOT SCREW UP, AND IF I DO PLEASE REDUCE MY SALARY AND CUT ME FROM THE TEAM" TYPE Contract!  I was praying that the Bucs wouldn't be involved in this.......

Unbelieveable!!!!! I'm all about giving people a chance, but these two idiots should be ashamed of themselves!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #42 : July 03, 2008, 01:10:45 AM »

Big deal.

How many documented fights did Talib get into?

Any links?

Boyd is the problem here.  Sometimes, you get pushed, you shove...

Ask Chev.

It happens to ANYONE.

Once again, has Talib EVER been involved in fisticuffs?  

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #43 : July 03, 2008, 01:13:50 AM »

Kid has a temper.  Both of them do.

Another wasted draft pick.
This line is classic...right there.  Jebus man...how many of you would kill for Chad Johnson or TO to be on the team?  And yet this bothers you? 

Gimme a break.  Talib will play fine on Sundays, and when he picks off a ball, or breaks up a big pass, what will you say then?  I am sure it will not be "wasted pick"...

I hope they beat the hell out of each other, and then hugged.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

« #44 : July 03, 2008, 01:41:41 AM »

I wish that were the case. What it really shows is that our first-round draft pick cannot control himself enough in a seated business environment; he couldn't just walk away, leave the room or ignore the guy. Now, tell me, when game-day pressure is on, and Talib is lined up against one of the better receivers in the league, and that receiver happens to trash-talk him quite a bit, what will happen? Will he grab face masks, push the guy, throw a punch? Will he wind up costing the team in terms of stupid 15 yard penalties? What if a fan in the street just happens to yell "Aqib, you suck" or something along those lines? Is he going to "keep it real"?

What this shows is that the concerns over his maturity are not unfounded. I hope he (and Boyd) get an earful and an asskicking for this.

This is different. If it were someone from another team or some random guy I might agree with you. But it is someone your working with...you need to get it behind you and to do that you have to settle it like men. People around the office talk, football players hit each other. It's a basic instinct. I'm not saying its a good thing I'm just saying its better than beating up a pregnant woman or being Terrell Owens.

I'm almost positive by the season it will be an afterthought because Talib will be performing and Boyd will be surprising people or he will just be off the team. It will solve itself.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib and Boyd in fight at Rookie Symposium « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools