Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: will the favre crap ever end? « previous next »
Page: 1

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
: July 03, 2008, 03:21:27 PM

Let's just go with it is time for him to either shut and play, or shut up and retire.  I am good with both.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#1 : July 03, 2008, 12:02:08 PM

Farve's not even close to the greatness of Jordan...Farve has to play another sport first then buy an NFL franchise and then unretire to help his newly purchased team before he can even think about being on the same field as Jordan

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 02, 2008, 11:41:47 PM

is it any surprise that this is happening?

all those years of retirement talk, now this?

the guy just can't stand to be out of the spotlight.

Brett Favre, GB Jul. 2 - 8:24 pm et

In a text message to the Biloxi Herald, Brett Favre called reports of his potential return in 2008 "all rumor."
Favre said there is "no reason" for a media firestorm after numerous reports surfaced that he's contemplating a return. Frankly, he's not too believable. Chris Mortensen, teammate Al Harris, the Wisconsin State Journal, coach Mike McCarthy, and other unnamed sources have all talked about Favre having the itch to return. And Favre's agent is probably leading the news. Until Favre says publicly that he absolutely does not want to play in 2008, speculation about his future will continue.
Source: Biloxi Sun Herald

Brett Favre, GB Jul. 2 - 7:16 pm et

NFL Network's Adam Schefter suggest the Jets, Chiefs, and Ravens as possible landing spots if the Packers decide to trade Brett Favre.
Schefter strongly cautions that he's not reporting or trying to "rumor monger," but these would all be sensible landing spots. The Chiefs once traded for Joe Montana in a somewhat similar scenario. The Jets once thought they would get Favre, but settled for drafting Browning Nagle instead. In the end, however, Schefter says he wouldn't bet on Favre playing football in 2008.

Brett Favre, GB Jul. 2 - 5:48 pm et

Citing a league source, the Wisconsin State Journal reports that Brett Favre requested his release from the Packers "within the past few weeks."
Either Favre or his agent, Bus Cook, reportedly contacted the Packers to inform them of his intent to play again. When the Packers said they've moved on, Favre demanded to be released. The Packers said no. GM Ted Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy are currently on vacation and unavailable for comment. The Packers hold all the power here and if they continue to exercise it, the situation could get ugly for everyone. That is, if Favre doesn't change his mind again.
Source: Wisconsin State Journal

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 03, 2008, 12:40:34 AM

I'd sure like to see Favre playing in red and pewter.

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#4 : July 03, 2008, 09:10:17 AM

I'm sick of the Farve crap !! Its like he has to say something every other month to keep his name in the headlines. Brett please go away !!!

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#5 : July 03, 2008, 09:49:10 AM

He's going to be like Michael Jordan before its all said and done.  Not talent-wise, just retiring and un-retiring 20 times. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 03, 2008, 04:41:40 PM

Exactly db. Play as long as you want or until no team wants you, but when you say I'm done, then stay done. It gets embarrassing after awhile.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 03, 2008, 05:07:56 PM

I'd sure like to see Favre playing in red and pewter.

Your opinion will change when he throws 20 INTs.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#8 : July 03, 2008, 07:13:31 PM

The Favre thing has been old for years... I really wish he'd go away quietly or just play. Guy's great no doubt, but I get the distinct feeling he just needs to have his ego stroked and the media continues to oblige. And it's annoying that he covers the airwaves and net every time his agent or family make a peep.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : July 05, 2008, 11:39:51 AM

Agree with the if and when he shows up - assuming that is Tampa.  Otherwise - more "NFL" news I won't be following...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#10 : July 05, 2008, 11:37:41 AM

Its been sickening for years the way the media constantly gives him more stories.

If and when he shows up, I will then pay attention.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#11 : July 05, 2008, 11:51:38 AM

Farve's not even close to the greatness of Jordan...Farve has to play another sport first then buy an NFL franchise and then unretire to help his newly purchased team before he can even think about being on the same field as Jordan
Jordan sucked at Baseball. The only reason he got a shot was name recognition.

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#12 : July 06, 2008, 11:11:53 AM

The Favre thing has been old for years... I really wish he'd go away quietly or just play. Guy's great no doubt, but I get the distinct feeling he just needs to have his ego stroked and the media continues to oblige. And it's annoying that he covers the airwaves and net every time his agent or family make a peep.
My sentiments exactly..

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#13 : July 06, 2008, 11:31:05 AM

Jordan sucked at Baseball. The only reason he got a shot was name recognition.

Yep - and it wasn't even close.  He had semi pro talent in baseball. 

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: will the favre crap ever end? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools