Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Theisman does it again « previous next »
Page: 1 2

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #15 : October 10, 2006, 08:26:32 AM »

Where are all the people who thought John was done?  You know who you are?  Thought that was a good move?  Thought we needed to go with the utes at that time?

I'm one of those and still think that way. The Broncos play a defense that keeps John close to the LOS unlike the Bucs D. Remember, Lynch's zone coverage was horrific those last few years here and couple that with a neck inujury it was a good move.
We had the youth to replace him. You can say now that it hasn't been worked out but JP was an up and coming player with huge upside. You can't look at these types of moves in hindsight.

replica

Hall of Famer
« #16 : October 10, 2006, 08:34:21 AM »

I think Theisman is much better this year because of Kornholio. He is constantly correcting Tony, and sounds rather intelligent at times (not genius). I was pissed when we let Lynch go, but not too many people thought he would still be playing at a pro bowl level right now. He was awesome last night. Let's hope he is OK after that fat-a$$ fell on his head.

Huey Freeman

Starter
« #17 : October 10, 2006, 10:13:26 AM »

Lynch isn't Ed Reed and never has been.  As he has gotten older, he has become more and more a liability in coverage.  Sure, he can still play very well in the box, but the Broncos have to do a lot to cover up his deficiencies.  Still a very good player though.  But, we are still 0-4 even if 47 was lined up over top of Nece. 

Huey Freeman

Starter
« #18 : October 10, 2006, 10:30:57 AM »

I think, yes, Lynch is the better player of the two.  And yes, I too thought Phillips was going to be more of an impact player.  But, Phillips isn't so bad that we can say "jeez, there sure is a hole back there without Lynch...."  We had very good safety play last season.  This season, it has been more Will Allen missing plays than Phillips.  But clearly both have to play better.  But the biggest problem on our defense isn't the Safety position, it is the entire Defensive Line.  We have a lot of cap tied up in those four guys, and we are getting next to no production.  That is where we need a major shake-up.  I am in favor of

I think next season we will see this:  ReSign Dewayne White, Let Rice leave through FA, Release Spires, Release McFarland, and move Hovan to UT possibly.  It is much easier to find a solid NT than it is an impact UT.  I think Hovan would be just as productive as McFarland, and I would venture to say even more. 

watson

Hall of Famer
« #19 : October 10, 2006, 11:28:23 AM »

Look, Lynch was never a great coverage man anyways but there's simply no way you can say that the team talent-wise (cap-wise is another issue) got better making the Lynch for Phillips trade becuase Lynch hasn't dropped off the map completely and Phillips has never stepped up to the level the team, and most of us, thought he would when John left.
Dal,
All true.  And anyone who watched that last year that Lynch was in Tampa and says he wasn't getting beat on a consistent basis didn't see the same games I saw.  Plus the "I'll play for less if I'm the starter" deal was never going to happen...how could it?  You have to win the job by your play.  His play had slipped and at that time it appeared that Phillips was playing as well if not better than him.  I've always been a huge Lynch fan, but when he left Tampa, he was not the same impact player he had been and was a liability in the defense.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Theisman does it again « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools