Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Theisman does it again « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

: October 09, 2006, 10:55:26 PM

Sitting here listening to the Ravens/Broncos game on TV in the other room and they did the cliche microphone on John Lynch thing. Kornheiser makes a joke about investing in the mike company because they hold up so well and Theisman said "the tampa bay buccaneers could use some of that leadership right now."
Well Derrick, Ronde and Brian Kelly might as well quit now and call up their old buddy Lynch to find out how to be leaders. Honestly, what an idiot. Why Theisman opens his mouth I don't know because nonsense always seems to come out.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#1 : October 09, 2006, 10:59:12 PM

We do need John Lynch. See Jermaine Phillips. And for wharever reason we are going down the tubes fast with b Brooks, Ronde, Kelly.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 09, 2006, 11:01:36 PM

I know what you mean Todd,Theismann is annoying at best..  But seeing Lynch play as well as he is it makes me sick we let him get away, as well as Thomas Jones in Chicago, and Ian Gold in Denver is better than what we have now..

Gradkowski and Cadillac will be the future, but you know with our early 1st round pick and the money we will have in cap salary space I see some changes coming to the defense in 2007..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 09, 2006, 11:07:35 PM

Oh I agree Karen that Lynch would be welcome back here with open arms, especially if Phillips is the only other option. Theisman just basically threw the other pro bowl vets under the bus making it sound like they all are bums and were riding Lynch's coat tails the whole time in Tampa. Last I checked there wasn't a leadership problem last year on D and I have a feeling D Brooks is about to provide some motivation in one form or another. Hope so, anyway.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#4 : October 09, 2006, 11:13:06 PM

Judging by play there is a leadership problem. I hope DB stands up & bashes a few heads!! How is a defense that's been in the top 10 for 9 yrs. suddenly 20th or lower??!! ??? ???

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 09, 2006, 11:14:53 PM

What do you expect from this guy?

"The word 'genius' isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like
Norman Einstein."

-- Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback & sports analyst.

http://www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/quotations.html

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 09, 2006, 11:26:25 PM

Oh how I wish Lynch was still a buc, it is hard to watch him in another uniform, but I still wish the guy all the best.  It was a BIG mistake letting him go thinking he was washed up...

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#7 : October 10, 2006, 12:06:48 AM

Ya know when you think about it-- that was a really stupid move-- sure he broke his neck the year prior and appeared to be losing a step his last year with us. But Lynch was willing to take a pay cut as long as he could be named the starter and they said no Phillips is the starter why not say okay John we'll give you 2 mil a year instead of the 4.2 and you prove you can still start- you are the starter unless Phillipis beats you out in camp. Then again the FO said to do that would have been an insult to a player like. I think it would have spoken volumes for lynch to remain with the team and then beat Phillips out. Hindsight is 20/20.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#8 : October 10, 2006, 12:12:05 AM

Sitting here listening to the Ravens/Broncos game on TV in the other room and they did the cliche microphone on John Lynch thing. Kornheiser makes a joke about investing in the mike company because they hold up so well and Theisman said "the tampa bay buccaneers could use some of that leadership right now."
Well Derrick, Ronde and Brian Kelly might as well quit now and call up their old buddy Lynch to find out how to be leaders. Honestly, what an idiot. Why Theisman opens his mouth I don't know because nonsense always seems to come out.
The team flat out sucks right now....what do you expect people to say glowing things about the team??? I'll bet you never said anything about Carr and all his sacks. Or said anything about the Bengals when they sucked for so long? The Buccs suck right now, get used to being the brunt of Jokes again until they win.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#9 : October 10, 2006, 12:14:02 AM

Ya know when you think about it-- that was a really stupid move-- sure he broke his neck the year prior and appeared to be losing a step his last year with us. But Lynch was willing to take a pay cut as long as he could be named the starter and they said no Phillips is the starter why not say okay John we'll give you 2 mil a year instead of the 4.2 and you prove you can still start- you are the starter unless Phillipis beats you out in camp. Then again the FO said to do that would have been an insult to a player like. I think it would have spoken volumes for lynch to remain with the team and then beat Phillips out. Hindsight is 20/20.

It does seem stupid in hindsight. But at the time they were really high on Phillips. He was supposed to be a more athletic Lynch, he could lay guys out and go sideline to sideline. That obviously didn't work out. It was a gamble that turned out bad. Like signing Booger to a long term deal....

#10 : October 10, 2006, 12:22:48 AM

What was wrong with that statement? We're freakin 0-4 , Phillips sux, and the D is missing tackles like crazy. Lynch would be a vast improvement in my eyes.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 10, 2006, 12:43:51 AM

To think, Lynch almost sacrificed ther rest of his career, to take league minimum, not even start. All because of his love of Tampa Bay. Good Job Gruden and Co.  Losing Lynch was more than a "PR Nightmare", it was a loss of a leader, and performer.

BOO! hiss BOO!

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 10, 2006, 01:26:51 AM

You win some, you lose some.

Good thing for all of us is this:  NONE OF US ARE THEISMAN.  Be grateful.  The guy is not a Norman Einstein.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 10, 2006, 07:24:24 AM

Where are all the people who thought John was done?  You know who you are?  Thought that was a good move?  Thought we needed to go with the utes at that time?

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 10, 2006, 08:24:56 AM

Yes the defense is plain awful. No question. I thought the comment was more of a slap in the face to people like Derrick Brooks, Ronde Barber or Brian Kelly. Like the defense didn't have any leaders right now and Lynch would have to ride in on his white horse to the rescue. Those three are plenty capable of filling the leadership role, they just have to be more effective in doing it. I remember it was 2 years ago, I think, that Atlanta was coming to Tampa with a chance to clinch the division. Brooks at that time stepped up and told the defense to get on his back because enough was enough. That day he was all over the field. Need some more of that and I hope he repeats that type of leadership soon.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Theisman does it again « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools