Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow it was nice to be competitive again! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
: December 17, 2006, 05:25:54 PM

I can't speak for any of you, but it was nice to get the blood pumping again in the fourth quarter, even if we did get robbed by the Refs!  Tim Rattay did a great job of execution and for getting up off the ground after the Urlacher hit; ouch!  It was clear from the time Rattay hit the field that the entire team took on a whole new attitude.
I would hope that this is the last time we see Gradkowski this season; he is a rookie and doesn't deserve the dung that has been thrown his way.  It is always hindsight, but I never understood why not at least take a look at Rattay after Gradkowski continued to decline.
Well, gotta go preach!!  GO BUCS!!!!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 17, 2006, 05:26:35 PM

I can't speak for any of you, but it was nice to get the blood pumping again in the fourth quarter, even if we did get robbed by the Refs!  Tim Rattay did a great job of execution and for getting up off the ground after the Urlacher hit; ouch!  It was clear from the time Rattay hit the field that the entire team took on a whole new attitude.
I would hope that this is the last time we see Gradkowski this season; he is a rookie and doesn't deserve the dung that has been thrown his way.  It is always hindsight, but I never understood why not at least take a look at Rattay after Gradkowski continued to decline.
Well, gotta go preach!!  GO BUCS!!!!

AMEN ^^

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#2 : December 17, 2006, 05:27:41 PM

My only beef with Rattay is he could have run a couple times for big yardage to keep the d honest.

The o-line really protected well for him too.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 17, 2006, 05:29:49 PM

That's the same line that was in there with Grads.  

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 17, 2006, 05:28:56 PM

My only beef with Rattay is he could have run a couple times for big yardage to keep the d honest.

The guy hasn't really played for over a year.  With decent protection he makes plays on gameday, no matter how bad he looks in practice.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 17, 2006, 05:29:58 PM

just show how stuck Gru is he dont not even try change

#6 : December 17, 2006, 05:31:38 PM

In fairness he was just as loyal to Chris this year.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#7 : December 17, 2006, 05:32:33 PM

Gruden should be hammered over his choice for Gradkowski when Simms went down.  I think he saw potential and mistakenly thought inexperience could be overcome.

On one hand I have great confidence in his scheme but on the other hand his personnel choices are problematic.  The FO better make sure they get a decent QB for next year.  Rattay is not a starter, imo but a good #2 for this system.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 17, 2006, 05:32:38 PM

at least today shows that the players are still fighting and it puts to rest the theories that some players are quitting on gruden or that he's lost the lockeroom.  it also put an end to an embarassing low point in team history: the Gradkowski era.  park the PA golden boy on the bench where he belongs to learn the ropes.  

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 17, 2006, 05:32:52 PM

Agree we have something to be thankful for.. Even though I think Chicago and the whole Nfc is very weak..

AFC wins the title easily this year..

Go Bucs ..   Hope this helps for next year..

We still have the 3rd spot..   

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

T

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 17, 2006, 05:32:57 PM

If Rattay isn't the starter for the rest of the year, there is something seriously wrong with this coaching staff.

T

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 17, 2006, 05:34:00 PM

If the Bucs offense hung 31 on Chicago, imagine what the Cowboys or Saints will do to that OVER RATED defense.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 17, 2006, 05:34:24 PM

Agree that Grads likely has started his last game unless something drastic happens. Rattay has earned the right to start next week. Never thought I'd say that.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 17, 2006, 05:35:09 PM

Nfc equals no one that good at all..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 17, 2006, 05:35:22 PM

Agree that Grads likely has started his last game unless something drastic happens. Rattay has earned the right to start next week. Never thought I'd say that.

I was hoping McCown wwould be able to play two or three games this season.  

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow it was nice to be competitive again! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools