Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WOW! Britain's top judge declares it is OKAY to use Muslim law (from the Koran) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

filmfx66

Rookie

« : July 03, 2008, 06:26:42 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1031611/Sharia-law-SHOULD-used-Britain-says-UKs-judge.html

Unreal. And you wonder why people like me do NOT want us to follow in the footsteps of Europe and the UK.

I just recently spent a week in London and talking to some of the locals they are ashamed at what their country has become. Their patriotism is through the floor. Their sense of country is being diluted and you get chastised for flying the British flag outside your pad for being a hate monger against non brits.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

« #1 : July 03, 2008, 06:42:34 PM »

They should be very ashamed!!!!!!!!

MBF

Hall of Famer

« #2 : July 03, 2008, 07:04:58 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1031611/Sharia-law-SHOULD-used-Britain-says-UKs-judge.html

Unreal. And you wonder why people like me do NOT want us to follow in the footsteps of Europe and the UK.

Why? Are you Muslim?

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

« #3 : July 03, 2008, 07:12:10 PM »

No surprise London is full of terrorist hot beds and now more will flood in. It will take a 9/11 for them to wake up.

kmitchell

Starter

« #4 : July 03, 2008, 07:23:16 PM »

When are the British going to rise up against their government? That country is a police-state, and now their top judge is considering Sharia law for the muslims there?

filmfx66

Rookie

« #5 : July 03, 2008, 07:28:22 PM »

Why? Are you Muslim?

No. Are you ignorant?

filmfx66

Rookie

« #6 : July 03, 2008, 07:29:29 PM »

When are the British going to rise up against their government? That country is a police-state, and now their top judge is considering Sharia law for the muslims there?

It really is amazing. I think they are close to having one surveillance camera for every citizen in the country.

MBF

Hall of Famer

« #7 : July 03, 2008, 07:32:24 PM »

Why? Are you Muslim?

Are you ignorant?
Is my username evolver?

filmfx66

Rookie

« #8 : July 03, 2008, 07:38:22 PM »

Why? Are you Muslim?

Are you ignorant?
Is my username evolver?

Well with questions like "are you a muslim" as if that were even relevant to the comments by this judge people can wonder about your mental limitations. Honestly, why even make that comment? You know it has zero to do with the point being made yet you do it anyway. Why? Is it the attention you hoped to get? What exactly?

MBF

Hall of Famer

« #9 : July 03, 2008, 07:43:24 PM »

Why? Are you Muslim?

Are you ignorant?
Is my username evolver?

Well with questions like "are you a muslim" as if that were even relevant to the comments by this judge people can wonder about your mental limitations. Honestly, why even make that comment? You know it has zero to do with the point being made yet you do it anyway. Why? Is it the attention you hoped to get? What exactly?
Interesting. Have I offended you?

filmfx66

Rookie

« #10 : July 03, 2008, 07:49:33 PM »

Why? Are you Muslim?

Are you ignorant?
Is my username evolver?

Not at all. I just am curious as to the mindset of someone like you. You had nothing to add to the conversation but you still chimed in with a question with zero context. Those types of comments are common on BB because everyone is anonymous and they feel they can say anything because nobody really knows who they are. Usually I ignore them but sometimes, as in this case, I decided to pose the question to you as to why you even bothered to make the comment. What did you hope to gain?

I mean if you have no problem with muslim law being used in state law in Britain then why not just say that and state your reasons why you feel that way?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #11 : July 03, 2008, 08:02:54 PM »

It's one camera for every 14 citizen, I believe.

And rising up against the government because of the police state is a separate issue than what this
judge is proposing. I don't see the connection.

MBF

Hall of Famer

« #12 : July 03, 2008, 08:17:14 PM »

Why? Are you Muslim?

Are you ignorant?
Is my username evolver?

Not at all. I just am curious as to the mindset of someone like you. You had nothing to add to the conversation but you still chimed in with a question with zero context. Those types of comments are common on BB because everyone is anonymous and they feel they can say anything because nobody really knows who they are. Usually I ignore them but sometimes, as in this case, I decided to pose the question to you as to why you even bothered to make the comment. What did you hope to gain?

I mean if you have no problem with muslim law being used in state law in Britain then why not just say that and state your reasons why you feel that way?
Why did ask you that? You said you didn't want the US to follow in the footsteps of the UK, without making it clear whether or not that was in regards to this situation, hence my question. You seem to think I was antagonizing you in some way.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #13 : July 03, 2008, 08:30:48 PM »

So did anyone read the story or just the Headline and freak out?

First off, the headline is Wrong.

Lord Chief Justice Lord Phillips said that Islamic legal principles could be employed to deal with family and marital arguments and to regulate finance.

Could if both parties agree is a hell of a lot different than SHOULD

Also, the judgement he made in Britian has been going on in the US for close to a century.  According to the Uniform Business Code (that 49 out of 50 states follow) a contract can be based on any legal system as long as both parties agree.  If you write a contract which states "any disputes will be settled according to Sharia and by a Sharia court", and the other party agrees, that is a binding contract in the US.

Once again, Mountain from a tiny mole hill.

Sharia law applied in Texas

Minnesota Court upholds Islamic law for dispute resolution

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #14 : July 03, 2008, 10:43:31 PM »

Its great reading the opinions of idiots that for the most part have no clue what they are talking about.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WOW! Britain's top judge declares it is OKAY to use Muslim law (from the Koran) « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools