Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who says there's no such thing as a moral victory? « previous next »
Page: 1

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

: December 17, 2006, 05:45:53 PM

The Bucs showed today they can win a tough game with even a decent QB.  We maintain our draft status and have a shot at a franchise type QB.  I'm on the Quinn bandwagon now because I do believe he is prepped to step in right away and play at a level that this team can win with if the defense is patched up via FA in a few spots.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 17, 2006, 05:48:56 PM

The Bucs showed today they can win a tough game with even a decent QB.  We maintain our draft status and have a shot at a franchise type QB.  I'm on the Quinn bandwagon now because I do believe he is prepped to step in right away and play at a level that this team can win with if the defense is patched up via FA in a few spots.

I actually agree we should take Brady or Russell, and re-sign Rattay.  Grads or McCown can take the 3rd spot, Grads might still be PS eligible.  ???  Rattay has never been a good pratice guy but he is much better on game day.  Let him fight it out in camp with McCown and a 1st round rookie.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 17, 2006, 05:49:35 PM

be careful what you wish for.  Quinn may havemore upside than Gradkowski but he'll still be a rookie.  Rookie's QB's struggle and Gruden's offense is as complicated as they come.  

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#3 : December 17, 2006, 05:51:09 PM

I'm warming up more and more to the idea of investing in a prototypical QB early in the draft, though I'm not sure who I would want more just yet.  I want to watch Quinn, Smith, and Russell in the bowl games.

If Rattay continues to play "decent", I may even say sign him as the "vetern game manager" to play while the drafted QB learns the ropes, instead of going out after a Brunell, Plummer, or Garcia.

Replace Muir, sign/draft a Center and/or LT, spend FA money on defense, better crop this offseason.

Overhauling this team with talent, plus the better schedule (NFC West, AFC South, Lions, Redskins) could quickly turn in a winning record.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#4 : December 17, 2006, 05:52:02 PM

If you look at the rookies this year with the exception of Gradkowski, they all have been getting progressively better.  Young, Leinart, and now Cutler are established starters.

Gradkowski is not a fair sample compared to Quinn.  Given his coaching from Weis he can do enough and should get better.  The Bucs will have an easier schedule too and hopefully an upgraded defense.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#5 : December 17, 2006, 05:52:16 PM

I say we bring in a vet like Jeff Garcia or Jake Plummer and let Grads learn behind him.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 17, 2006, 05:56:15 PM

I say we bring in a vet like Jeff Garcia or Jake Plummer and let Grads learn behind him.

same here

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 17, 2006, 06:27:18 PM

same here

It is a complete waste to Draft a QB with a top 5 pick then have him sit on the bench for two years behind a vet. I mean just look how it worked out for Phillip Rivers! Oh, wait.......:)

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#8 : December 17, 2006, 06:39:09 PM

The relative success of Young, Leinart, and Cutler all suggest that rookies can contribute pretty quick.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 17, 2006, 06:57:21 PM

And take CJ with the 3rd pick!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 17, 2006, 07:10:47 PM

I love all these Mr.BEan is the great QB ideas.

Rattay is not the answer folks.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#11 : December 17, 2006, 07:14:04 PM

BF, no one is saying Rattay is the answer.   I do think if he does well the next two games he is an adequate #2.  Then the big choice is who will be #1.  It's either Simms (bad choice imo), Garcia or another FA, or #1 draft pick.  If Quinn is there he could step in and do ok and would get progressively better.

#12 : December 17, 2006, 07:21:55 PM

If you look at the rookies this year with the exception of Gradkowski, they all have been getting progressively better. Young, Leinart, and now Cutler are established starters.

Gradkowski is not a fair sample compared to Quinn. Given his coaching from Weis he can do enough and should get better. The Bucs will have an easier schedule too and hopefully an upgraded defense.

I'm starting to like it. Why shouldn't we have a franchise guy like  Palmer, Brady, Manning, Brees, Leinart, Cutler, Young..... that we know will be "the guy" for a few years.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 17, 2006, 07:23:09 PM

BF, no one is saying Rattay is the answer. I do think if he does well the next two games he is an adequate #2. Then the big choice is who will be #1. It's either Simms (bad choice imo), Garcia or another FA, or #1 draft pick. If Quinn is there he could step in and do ok and would get progressively better.
Grads and McCown battle it out for the #2 spot.  Rattay is cut.

Just my .02.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who says there's no such thing as a moral victory? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools