Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Colts | Team reportedly looking to trade Doss « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 01, 2006, 09:40:18 PM

Most anything would be an upgrade over Phillips.  His strength has been tackling and hard hitting, but lately he can't even do that.  If he'd get in position like he's supposed to when playing back in coverage, he wouldn't have to tackle as much or rely on hitting the guy so hard they cough up the ball.

#16 : October 01, 2006, 09:44:55 PM

I would love to have Doss here

UMiamiBucFan

Starter

#17 : October 01, 2006, 10:25:35 PM

Question is, why are the Colts willing to trade him? Just too much depth and want to get something for their 3rd best safety? Or do they really feel like he won't pan out?

bucshot224

Second String

#18 : October 01, 2006, 11:08:26 PM

do it.....

Stand For Something or Fall For Anything

STERN11354

Starter

#19 : October 02, 2006, 11:31:16 AM

Doss and Allen did play together as safeties at The Ohio State University.  They won a national title together in 2002.  Wasn't Gruden really like Blue for his versatility?

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 02, 2006, 11:37:00 AM

Doss was a stud in College, but I have no idea how well he has played in the NFL

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

#21 : October 02, 2006, 12:12:20 PM

Phillips is ok--are you kidding? He stinks! When did the c Colts re-sign automatica grammatica? Yikes! They get Vinnaterri & then he can't play. How is barely beating the Jets a good thing?

Bring back Lynch
Did anyone ever tell you how unbelieveably smart you are? [banghead]

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 02, 2006, 01:09:16 PM

I think Doss would be a very good pick up at the right price.  Phillips isn't looking like the player they thought would take over for Lynch and the guys behind him are never going to be starters.  If cox and Zemitis step up and play a little more I think the Bucs should try Bolden at S.  I don't think the Bucs will give up a fourth for a safety but I am all for trading McFat straight up. :)

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 02, 2006, 01:12:58 PM

Question is, why are the Colts willing to trade him? Just too much depth and want to get something for their 3rd best safety? Or do they really feel like he won't pan out?

i'm wondering the same thing myself...if he's so good, why's he on the block? is he not as good as advertised, or do they not think they can retain him in UFA because their cap has been over-peytoned? inquiring minds want to know....

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 02, 2006, 01:37:45 PM

Doss is nothing great.

On May 29, 2005 Doss was charged with a felony weapons charge and three misdemeanor charges in Akron, Ohio after police estimated hearing five to six gunshots outside a local restaurant. He was sentenced to 40 hours of community service and a one thousand dollar fine after pleading no contest to the charges. Colts coach Tony Dungy has said Doss would be disciplined by the team. [banghead]

watson

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 02, 2006, 03:55:03 PM

i'm wondering the same thing myself...if he's so good, why's he on the block? is he not as good as advertised, or do they not think they can retain him in UFA because their cap has been over-peytoned? inquiring minds want to know....
What would concern me if I were Bruce Allen is the fact that Dungy is one of the original architects of the Cover 2 defense and the Colts are playing that defense now.  If Doss was a good fit in that scheme then it would be hard to see Tony letting him get away.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Stretchcaddy

Starter

#26 : October 02, 2006, 09:18:54 PM

i definitley would give up phillips and a 4th rounder for doss. Phillips has a one track mind and that is just to hit someone, forget coverage. I have watched him closely and he doesnt even go for interceptions, he just looks to hit and tackle and he doesnt even even tackle well majority of the time.

And i agree with Karen also.......bring back Lynch, he will still be a upgrade over phillips............................I love Allen, he will be a pro bowler 1 day

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#27 : October 03, 2006, 12:48:15 AM

Doss is nothing great.

On May 29, 2005 Doss was charged with a felony weapons charge and three misdemeanor charges in Akron, Ohio after police estimated hearing five to six gunshots outside a local restaurant. He was sentenced to 40 hours of community service and a one thousand dollar fine after pleading no contest to the charges. Colts coach Tony Dungy has said Doss would be disciplined by the team. [banghead] Doss? Nevermind! Lynch could be a salary cap loss next year, but is he over how MAD he was at the FO?

gone

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 03, 2006, 01:23:18 AM

Screw Lynch.

Great, classy guy, great player, but that bridge is burned, and he's not a long-term solution.  May as well go for Charlie Garner again.  No more short term crap.

jsunm73

Pro Bowler

#29 : October 03, 2006, 03:21:23 PM

i like doss just fine.he would be a solid safety and definately better than phillips.i did not like phillips when he fanned on a tackle against washington 2 years ago.he can hit but he is not that great of a blitzer,tackler,or does not make great coverage decisions.i got ripped for saying so but i guess some of you now see what i saw when portis blew by him.he is not a playmaker at all.if the price is right i say get doss and let him develop here.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Colts | Team reportedly looking to trade Doss « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools