Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms to Dallas? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#15 : July 08, 2008, 11:59:03 AM

Me too FRG - it is tiresome.  And the buccs need to be rid of Simms as much as Simms needs a fresh start. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 08, 2008, 11:59:38 AM

AMEN

MBF

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 08, 2008, 12:54:24 PM

Is he alligator armed like Galloway?

Ignorance is bliss, isn't it MBF?
Can you actually prove that Galloway ISN'T alligator armed?

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#18 : July 08, 2008, 01:08:25 PM

This just in:

After only a few weeks into training camp, things have already started to fall apart for the Cowboys organization.  First there was the freak accident involving Tony Romo, when he was rushed to the hospital after letting Jessica Simpson drive.  And now, newly-acquired backup Chris Simms is having problems adjusting to the Cowboy playbook.

"He just is overthrowing everything.  We're trying to work on it, but his mechanics are terrible," said head coach Wade Phillips on Simms' progression.  When asked if he would comment on Simms' recent complaints on his contract status and his declining relationship with the head coach, Phillips just said "I don't want to get into all of that."

To make matters worse, wide receiver Terrell Owens has come out and challenged owner Jerry Jones' decision to give Simms a 5-year $50 million contract, and has also started to make jabs on Simms' sexual preference.

More from this as the situation progresses.

thanson

Starter

#19 : July 08, 2008, 02:49:15 PM

simms for their water boy would be a good trade. I would also throw in a couple cheerleaders.

Diehart fisherman

Starter

#20 : July 08, 2008, 05:33:50 PM

I would trade Simms for Felix Jones.  I think Felix Jones will have more yards then Baber next year.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 08, 2008, 05:56:49 PM

is it possible they would trade Greg Ellis for Simms or is that asking for too much in return?

You must be accountable for your actions!

bucs1

Practice Squad
#22 : July 08, 2008, 06:07:16 PM

is it possible they would trade Greg Ellis for Simms or is that asking for too much in return?

That's asking for way too much.  They're not going to be trading away one of their Pro Bowl players for a guy who hasn't played in two years and is full of questions.  A more realistic trade would be Chris Simms and a conditional draft pick for Terry Glenn who is also injured and full of question marks.  If Glenn can return to full health and make the team, the Bucs would owe the Cowboys the conditional pick and if he doesn't end up making the team, we would only end up losing Simms, who we would lose anyway.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 08, 2008, 06:09:25 PM

No thanks to Glenn. Galloway part deux, when we really could use a younger stud aka Anquan Boldin.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : July 08, 2008, 06:11:27 PM

Didn't know Boldin was available.  What did I miss? 

Getting Terry Glenn would be a plus - heck - getting much of anything would be a plus. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

bucs1

Practice Squad
#25 : July 08, 2008, 06:12:35 PM

No thanks to Glenn. Galloway part deux, when we really could use a younger stud aka Anquan Boldin.

There's no question that anyone would want Anquan Boldin over Terry Glenn, but instead of trading two first round picks for Boldin, we could trade Simms for the rights to Glenn.  Also, if Boldin leaves Arizona, it won't be until next offseason I think.

#26 : July 08, 2008, 06:13:15 PM

Didn't know Boldin was available. What did I miss?

Foresight or wishful thinkin.... definitely one of the two.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 08, 2008, 06:14:10 PM

There's no question that anyone would want Anquan Boldin over Terry Glenn, but instead of trading two first round picks for Boldin, we could trade the Simms for the rights to Glenn.
Yeah, I meant we should just trade Simms for whatever and focus on going for someone like Boldin, who actually has a future in the league over Glenn who doesn't have much left in the tank.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#28 : July 08, 2008, 06:15:16 PM

Didn't know Boldin was available. What did I miss?

Getting Terry Glenn would be a plus - heck - getting much of anything would be a plus.
I meant hypothetically, if they're going to deal for any WR it needs to be Boldin or someone of that type.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : July 08, 2008, 06:18:49 PM

MBF - if Boldin comes on the market I am right there with you.  But for a second step back and look at Simms - tell me who would take Simms for or even towards Boldin - heck - Simms would be a throw in and maybe still be rejected.

I liked Chris - when he was performing, before his injury, before whining to the press about how poorly he was treated.  Now - who needs it.  It isn't fair - but it is reality.  Simms last three games were borderline awful, then he sat for almost two years, couldn't throw the ball for a year, and now his value?  Not so much.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms to Dallas? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools