Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR Matt Jones in trouble - future cut? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

: July 10, 2008, 10:22:24 AM

I know some folks on here are interested in him

http://rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Matt Jones-WR- Jaguars Jul. 10 - 9:39 am et

According to the Washington County, Arkansas Sheriff's Office, Jaguars WR Matt Jones was arrested early Thursday for possession of a controlled substance.

Jones is holding his head high in his arrest photo, but he'll probably be cut shortly. According to the Sheriff's office, Jones has a hearing set for Friday. This is Jones' first arrest in the NFL, but he was already on the roster bubble and has been a mainstay in Jack Del Rio's doghouse the past two years.
Source: Washington Co (AR) Sheriff's Office 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 10, 2008, 10:28:32 AM

I know some folks on here are interested in him
I think people were only interested in him before he had to prove he could play in the NFL.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 10, 2008, 11:00:04 AM

Matt Jones isn't even good enough for Arena league, how J'ville was so blind to keep him this long is flat out amazing.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#3 : July 10, 2008, 11:10:25 AM

Another one of those guys that have the all physical tools and none of the work ethic. It was once said that Matt Jones was more likely to make a one handed catch than a two handed catch as if he was trying to make every catch a circus catch. Crazy.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#4 : July 10, 2008, 01:22:43 PM

The controlled substance was cocaine.

Matt meet Roger.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#5 : July 10, 2008, 02:36:33 PM

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Turn the page.

obuc

Starter

#6 : July 10, 2008, 02:39:55 PM

Welcome aboard Matt!!

Thank God, I thought we would be a receiver short. . .

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#7 : July 10, 2008, 02:44:20 PM

i was interested in him before the cocaine.  he'll always be a big guy with speed.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

HughC

Pro Bowler

#8 : July 10, 2008, 04:28:26 PM

Even though he had to learn a new position, it seemed like he somehow was an under-achiever.  He had okay stats but as Cerious mentioned, for every great catch he made he dropped an easy catch.  Pehaps, as it turns out, the coke had something to do with that.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JoneMa00.htm

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#9 : July 10, 2008, 04:47:09 PM

I love the title lol "future cut"

cutting is what got him in trouble to begin with ;)

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#10 : July 10, 2008, 06:54:20 PM

terrible draft pick by the Jaguars.  how can you spend a 1st rd pick on a guy who has never played that position in college?  making the transition from college to the pros is hard enough, but learning a completely new as a rookie makes it even more difficult. 

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#11 : July 10, 2008, 09:42:38 PM

Amazing how some people are so blinded by pro work-outs yet they do not look at the entire body of work when it comes to actually playing the game.  A lot of people here wanted him yet he has always been a project and he has shown he is nothing more than an overrated cokehead.  Maybe we can get him and Talib together and see who the baddest druggie is.  People rag on Clayton and Cadillac yet they have much better character than Talib and Jones - two LOSERS.

12thbuc

Starter

#12 : July 10, 2008, 09:34:07 PM

i love Matt Jones

Xbox live: throesch
MSNM: naplesbuc@live.com

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#13 : July 10, 2008, 09:36:38 PM

IIRC he was a popular choice here, but only in the second or third round. I was pretty shocked when they grabbed him that early; now it's turned out to be a significant bust. For as good as the Jags are (I consider them very solid) they have made some pretty horrid first round picks lately.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#14 : July 10, 2008, 10:40:20 PM

i was interested in him before the cocaine.  he'll always be a big guy with speed who can't catch.

Fixed it for you. ;)
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR Matt Jones in trouble - future cut? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools