Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gay man sues Bible publishers...... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 15

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 10, 2008, 04:45:09 PM

Gee, for somebody is so up on medicine and the things we have discussed, you really seem to be
in the dark age on the subject of homosexuality. That's surprising. Didn't expect that from you.
I DO expect it from folks like BucsGuru.

I agree. In a few hundred years, we're going to look back on how some thought homosexuality
was a learned behavior. If Guru had been brought up in a different household and environment,
he might have grown up being attracted to men. According to his theory.

JG put an excellent question to Guru on that front and Guru, ignored JG and never responded.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 10, 2008, 04:45:29 PM

The funny thing about this is that there are people on this website who will back him.

I will never back a frivolous lawsuit like that ....... the guy just needs to accept Jesus as his Lord and Savior so he's covered just in case and move on with his life.

Otherwise, he's going to spend an eternity with Gandhi.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 10, 2008, 04:48:33 PM

My post was referring more to the fact that people in this country believe they can make any choices they want and people just have to accept them than it was referring to religion. But take it how you want to, kind of like the plantiff does.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 10, 2008, 04:51:32 PM

My post was referring more to the fact that people in this country believe they can make any choices they want and people just have to accept them 

Isn't that one of the great things about this country, the ability to make choices, as long as it doesn't infringe upon someone else's rights or is illegal?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 10, 2008, 05:02:09 PM

My post was referring more to the fact that people in this country believe they can make any choices they want and people just have to accept them than it was referring to religion. But take it how you want to, kind of like the plantiff does.

People don't have to accept them. Just don't infringe on their rights.

I don't accept the beliefs of Evangelicals but I don't want to keep them from getting married
and having children or adopting children. Although, I think we might be better off if they
were all sterilized.

;)

escobar

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 10, 2008, 05:05:35 PM

Gee, for somebody is so up on medicine and the things we have discussed, you really seem to be
in the dark age on the subject of homosexuality. That's surprising. Didn't expect that from you.
I DO expect it from folks like BucsGuru.

I agree. In a few hundred years, we're going to look back on how some thought homosexuality
was a learned behavior. If Guru had been brought up in a different household and environment,
he might have grown up being attracted to men. According to his theory.

JG put an excellent question to Guru on that front and Guru, ignored JG and never responded.

Because regarding medicine it's fact, it kills people. No argument can be made against a fact. If homosexuality isn't a choice, we would probably know about it by now. You clearly don't have enough evidence backing up your stance as FACT so at this point it's still (very) debatable. You might say, "well where are your facts proving homosexuality is a choice", and once again I will say that to me it is common sense, I have nature on my side. A man and a woman rely on each other to create life, that's about as factual as it gets. As I've said before, just because some scientists have created new ways of forming life doesn't mean jack to me. Scientists at this point can probably create whatever the hell they want. It doesn't mean it's natural or that it's supposed to happen. Likewise, just because a very small percentage (VERY small) of people who have ever lived on this planet choose to lead a gay lifestyle it doesn't mean it's natural or right. I brought up "scat" type sex before, how about incest? What if a certain segment of society felt strong urges from childhood to have sex with their brother/sister? Where do the "rights" stop, Joe? At what point have things gone to far? Are we to accept everyone and every idea just because we don't want to leave anyone out or hurt anyone's feelings? Because I gotta tell ya, with the ideas I've seen that some people have for sexual "fun", it kinda scares me to imagine what's next. And what's even scarier is that there are people like you who are gonna be there to say it's their "right".

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#21 : July 10, 2008, 05:08:14 PM

lol.  I was waiting for the discertation about nothing. 

escobar

Hall of Famer

#22 : July 10, 2008, 05:09:43 PM

How ironic olaf, the wait ended as soon as you posted.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#23 : July 10, 2008, 05:10:23 PM

How ironic olaf, the wait ended as soon as you posted.

?

wwmgd

escobar

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 10, 2008, 05:12:27 PM

wwmg(wimga)d

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#25 : July 10, 2008, 05:18:46 PM

wwmg(wimga)d

Carry on. Tell us how evil medicine and homosexuals are.  Then when you have the time mix in what a great coach Matty Goukas is and how the Magic were fortunate to get by the great Toronto Raptors.  For dessert how about a helping of how the Rays can't compete in the AL East

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 10, 2008, 05:20:54 PM

Because regarding medicine it's fact, it kills people. No argument can be made against a fact. If homosexuality isn't a choice, we would probably know about it by now. You clearly don't have enough evidence backing up your stance as FACT so at this point it's still (very) debatable. You might say, "well where are your facts proving homosexuality is a choice", and once again I will say that to me it is common sense, I have nature on my side. A man and a woman rely on each other to create life, that's about as factual as it gets. As I've said before, just because some scientists have created new ways of forming life doesn't mean jack to me. Scientists at this point can probably create whatever the hell they want. It doesn't mean it's natural or that it's supposed to happen. Likewise, just because a very small percentage (VERY small) of people who have ever lived on this planet choose to lead a gay lifestyle it doesn't mean it's natural or right. I brought up "scat" type sex before, how about incest? What if a certain segment of society felt strong urges from childhood to have sex with their brother/sister? Where do the "rights" stop, Joe? At what point have things gone to far? Are we to accept everyone and every idea just because we don't want to leave anyone out or hurt anyone's feelings? Because I gotta tell ya, with the ideas I've seen that some people have for sexual "fun", it kinda scares me to imagine what's next. And what's even scarier is that there are people like you who are gonna be there to say it's their "right".

Many of us have already argued this over and over so I'm not going to do it again. There are multiple
threads on it.

The point JG made is this:

Do you think that if you were born with an attraction to women but were put in a specific environment (two
fathers?) that you might change your preference from women to men? Oh heck, let me just copy and paste
what JG asked Guru on this matter and you can respond. Guru never did.

Could you now, or could you ever, under any circumstance, even consider having sex with another man?

If you are like me, and I believe you are, there is absolutely no possible way I would ever willingly consider gay sex.  Blind fold me, and have a woman and a man rub my shoulders,  I will shudder and feel squeamish at the man's touch and enjoy the womans touch.  Why?  Because I was born that way!

That's right, I was born a woman liking horny hetrosexual and I don't think anything under the sun could change that.  I could not possibly choose to be gay.  It just is not in me.

Guru, could you possibly in anyway choose to be gay?  Was there ever a time in your life where you could have made that decision and been happy with it?  Have you ever found the smell of a man more appealing than the smell of a woman?  Have you ever seen an attractive woman's breasts and thought eewww?

If you answer no, then wouldn't you say you have always been straight?  That you were even born straight?

If you can accept that you were born with a natural preference for women, and that it would be very difficult, if not impossible, to defy that preference for a man.  Then why is it not possible that a gay person could be born with those very same characteristics reversed?

I know that I could not possibly "choose" to be gay.  The smell of a woman affects me differently than the smell of some sweaty dude.  A woman's voice can arouse me, a man's cannot.  Brushing against a woman in a crowded space is enjoyable, brushing against a man is an annoyance.  The touch of a woman's lips to mine sparks a reaction (chemical and other) that I doubt a man's would (nor do I have the desire to test that out).  Why? Because I was BORN STRAIGHT.  No one can possibly convince me that I chose to be straight or that I was recruited by lustful gals, I know without a doubt that I was born with a desire for girls.

Guru, can you agree to the same?  Can you accept that you were born with a natural desire for the touch, taste, smell, and feel of a woman?  Do you believe, without any doubt, that you were born straight?

If you can accept the fact that you, I, and many, many others are born with a natural preference for women, a preference so strong that it would be very difficult to entertain the thought of sex with a man (and certainly not enjoyable); then is it not possible that some people were born without this predilection for the opposite sex?

If you accept that you and I were born straight, than isn't it possible than some people were born "not straight"?  I am talking about less than 10% of the population, born with an anomaly that makes them "not straight".

If you accept that under no circumstance could you find a man sexually desirable and that you have always been that way, from birth; then is it that big a stretch to believe that every now and then a boy is born differently from you?  Born "not straight"?

Can you accept that a portion of the population is born straight and is not capable of "turning gay" and therefore a smaller portion is born "not straight" and it is the not-straights that become gay?

I know for an absolute fact that nothing could have ever caused me to prefer men over women, it would take a gun to my head and a red-hot brand to my groin to even make me consider such a thing.  And I believe that I am not that unique, therefore others must be equally "born straight" and could not possibly choose to be gay.  If we cannot choose to be gay, then those that do choose to be gay must be different than us and therefore they were born different.

So Guru, can you accept that maybe most people are born straight?  Can you then accept that it is extremely difficult for a straight person to "turn gay"?  Then doesn't it make sense that those that do turn gay might have been born different, not straight?

escobar

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 10, 2008, 05:21:54 PM

wwmg(wimga)d

Carry on. Tell us how evil medicine and homosexuals are. Then when you have the time mix in what a great coach Matty Goukas is and how the Magic were fortunate to get by the great Toronto Raptors. For dessert how about a helping of how the Rays can't compete in the AL East

Only if after I'm done you promise to post where I said the Rays can't compete in the east.

wwmg(wimga)d

Booker

Hall of Famer

#28 : July 10, 2008, 05:22:19 PM

How is medicine bad for us?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 10, 2008, 05:22:55 PM

wwmg(wimga)d

Carry on. Tell us how evil medicine and homosexuals are.  Then when you have the time mix in what a great coach Matty Goukas is and how the Magic were fortunate to get by the great Toronto Raptors.  For dessert how about a helping of how the Rays can't compete in the AL East

Well, I agree with him about medicine. Inept is a better word. How about those babies in Texas who were
given blood thinner instead of saline? But that's another thread. The greed angle is also something
separate.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gay man sues Bible publishers...... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools