Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stovall and Warren - Grads and Rattay « previous next »
Page: 1 2

: December 17, 2006, 08:28:04 PM

I agree keepon, both looked very good.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 17, 2006, 08:28:20 PM

Gruden had to stick with Gradkowski until this point to see if he could correct his game and make the plays that he hadn't been earlier on. And yes, I really had a problem with the taunting call. I don't think it was the right call to make, but that's an official's choice.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 17, 2006, 08:27:15 PM

yeah  i wa shappy to see stovall get some balls today i hope he has a good game next week

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 17, 2006, 08:21:50 PM

Stovall's going to be a beast. That catch on the sideline was ridiculous(bogus PF call IMO).
Warren looks like he's bulked up but kept his speed. Liked what I saw today from them.

The big difference between Grads and Rattay is Rattay actually goes through his progression where Grads looks first option. It's not like Rattay has a big arm, he's just more compfortable with the pill in the pocket. This comes with experience and Grads will get it eventually.

The plays Rattay made today have been there all year for Grads. It's too bad the kid couldn't make any over the past 7 games.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#4 : December 17, 2006, 08:30:34 PM

I think Stovall should work out fine, I think Warren can also if given the chance

Rattay should be the starter, it seems dumb but hey maybe Rattay can be one of our backups next year? he looked ok today, helped rally 21 points in the 4 quarter, not bad

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 17, 2006, 08:34:18 PM

Stocall is the posession receiver Clayton isn't.

And FWIW, he should have caught the tough ball, and just walked back tot the huddle, clapping his hands.

No need to spike the ball when the team is getting its ass kicked.  Rookie mistake.  The kid has more class than that.  In time, we will see it.  Come tape-viewing time, he will get jawed about it, and you will never see it again...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 17, 2006, 08:43:32 PM

And FWIW, he should have caught the tough ball, and just walked back tot the huddle, clapping his hands.

No need to spike the ball when the team is getting its ass kicked. Rookie mistake. The kid has more class than that. In time, we will see it. Come tape-viewing time, he will get jawed about it, and you will never see it again...

It's frustating that it took an injury for Clayton for us to see it.  Clayton should have been benched and replaced by Stovall several games ago.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 17, 2006, 08:44:43 PM

No need to spike the ball when the team is getting its ass kicked. Rookie mistake. The kid has more class than that. In time, we will see it. Come tape-viewing time, he will get jawed about it, and you will never see it again...

It's frustating that it took an injury for Clayton for us to see it. Clayton should have been benched and replaced by Stovall several games ago.
100% concur.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#8 : December 17, 2006, 09:43:06 PM

I like Stovall and Warren alot. Warren looks like he has hands of glue.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 17, 2006, 10:06:32 PM

I agree both Paris and Stovall did a great job today along with Rattay. If Rattay can keep it up I think he deserves a contract extension.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 17, 2006, 10:59:43 PM

They looked great!  Damn.  Wasn't it fun to see our team in action again.  I actually couldn't believe it at first!

And defense and special teams really stood up.  I mean we really contained Hester today.  That was huge!!!!

bklynbucs11

Starter

#11 : December 17, 2006, 11:22:08 PM

Stovall's going to be a beast. That catch on the sideline was ridiculous(bogus PF call IMO).
Warren looks like he's bulked up but kept his speed. Liked what I saw today from them.

The big difference between Grads and Rattay is Rattay actually goes through his progression where Grads looks first option. It's not like Rattay has a big arm, he's just more compfortable with the pill in the pocket. This comes with experience and Grads will get it eventually.

The plays Rattay made today have been there all year for Grads. It's too bad the kid couldn't make any over the past 7 games.

Lets hold on before claiming that Stovall is a baller just yet. Remember how Clayton looked in his rookie year? BTW - so we're clear, the WR corps didn't look all that great. THe 2 TD's , one was an easy route for Galloway, that deep route is simple for him. THe other was a simple cross where the Safety was just clueless. I personally don't think any of the receiver, Stovall included, were getting the kind of separation Clayton was getting,.

As for the Rattay comments. He did look much better than Grad today. But what you said - he's more comfortable in the pocket and knows how to go through his reads. This is somehing that comes from experience. YOu can't expect a rookie to do this off the bat.

I actually believe starting Rattay in the last 2 may be a good thing. I still believe in Grad as the long=term p[option for this team but it is clear the kid needs a year on the sidelines, which he hasn't had. If Rattay can carry us reasonably well next season then Grad should be ready to take over in 2008.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#12 : December 17, 2006, 11:25:13 PM

If Rattay can carry us reasonably well next season then Grad should be ready to take over in 2008.

If Gruden retains his job in the next few weeks, the Glazers will fire him before the opener if Rattay and Gradkowski are 1-2 on the QB depth chart.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 17, 2006, 11:37:52 PM

If Gruden retains his job in the next few weeks, the Glazers will fire him before the opener if Rattay and Gradkowski are 1-2 on the QB depth chart.

Thank you, Bryan. Or is it Joel?

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 18, 2006, 01:51:50 AM

Rattay  had a good game...but it was one game. I am not ready to give him the job. Shoot...if he did that in the next two games, I wouldn't give him the job. Right now, the Bucs don't have a QB of the future (meaning a QB who will be the guy after this season and beyond). We need to get that guy. Simms struggled a lot this season. Grads just doesn't have the physical tools to do it. He is one heck of a gutsy guy and makes decent decisions for a rookie, but he isn't accurate enough past 15 yards. I wouldn't mind seeing Rattay come back as a #2, but I'd rather see them target a vetran in the offseason to come in for a couple years while a new guy is groomed (that guy being a first or second round pick).

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stovall and Warren - Grads and Rattay « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools