Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Youtube vidoe of the play in OT that should've been reviewed: You be the judge « previous next »
Page: 1 2

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

: December 17, 2006, 09:01:03 PM

It's clear as day this hit the ground.

gone

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 17, 2006, 09:03:43 PM

100% clear

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 17, 2006, 09:04:15 PM

besides that clowns dome in the way yes it's clear.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 17, 2006, 09:05:43 PM

Keepon, that's the best angle I've seen so far.  No doubt from that angle it wasn't a catch.  I still cannot believe they did not review the play, or at the very least call the holding penalty on Hovan.  I'm sticking with my origingal theory in that Fox wanted to desperately get switched over to the Eagles/Giants game.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 17, 2006, 09:05:58 PM

Ok, it hit the ground. What's anyone going to do about it now? No one in the league office is going to award the game to Tampa Bay. The game is over. It's been over for a little over four hours. It's a bad call. The officials didn't make the right call. Ok, so what? It's going to remain a bad call. It's going to remain a Buccaneers loss. Nothing is going to change that; including complaining about the play. If we were competing for anything other than pride at this point, I could see raising an issue with this one. But, we're not.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 17, 2006, 09:07:57 PM

I saw that at game speed.....was calling for a challenge/review in the gameday thread.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 17, 2006, 09:11:02 PM

Ok, it hit the ground. What's anyone going to do about it now? No one in the league office is going to award the game to Tampa Bay. The game is over. It's been over for a little over four hours. It's a bad call. The officials didn't make the right call. Ok, so what? It's going to remain a bad call. It's going to remain a Buccaneers loss. Nothing is going to change that; including complaining about the play. If we were competing for anything other than pride at this point, I could see raising an issue with this one. But, we're not.

I get that but Fox didn't really look at the play again. This was the first replay I saw of it and wasn't complaining just thought it was intereesting to post.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 17, 2006, 09:12:49 PM

I get that but Fox didn't really look at the play again. This was the first replay I saw of it and wasn't complaining just thought it was intereesting to post.

They showed one reply, and you could see it fairly clearly.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 17, 2006, 09:14:09 PM

keep, it was a general thought; not specific. Yes, officials make terrible calls. Yes, some of those calls end up hurting the losing team. But, there's nothing to be done about it after the game has already ended. No one is going to give the Bucs the win. I've seen people already tonight completely tantrum over this call, and there's no reason to become that upset over something that has already happened and cannot be changed.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 17, 2006, 09:16:03 PM

keep, it was a general thought; not specific. Yes, officials make terrible calls. Yes, some of those calls end up hurting the losing team. But, there's nothing to be done about it after the game has already ended. No one is going to give the Bucs the win. I've seen people already tonight completely tantrum over this call, and there's no reason to become that upset over something that has already happened and cannot be changed.

I agree and would never say this play lost the Bucs the game. It's odd that they didn't review the play. They reviewed a freak'n punt downed at the 1 and not this? It was strange to me.

MJS: I missed the one replay.

BP1

Pro Bowler

#10 : December 18, 2006, 12:53:29 AM

I remember learning in school about Rosa Parks and her famous bus ride. She could have just said nothing and followed the rule. She made a stand not for the moment, but for the future. Maybe if we pitch a fit now about a non-booth review, we get the chance for a review next time. I think the Bucs need an answer from the NFL as to why there was no review.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 18, 2006, 02:56:22 AM

Terrible call.   But at least we get a higher draft pick because of it. 

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 18, 2006, 06:47:13 AM

Could somebody photoshop that dude's head out of the way??? Thanks in advance  ;D

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 18, 2006, 08:42:08 AM

OK Gruden fan. This thread is here. Whats anybody going to be doing about it now? No one is going to delete this thread. Its going to remain a thread on the Red Board.  Nothing is going to change that, including complaining about this thread.

That was not a catch!

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 18, 2006, 09:15:33 AM

It was a bad call. We are football fans. Football fans b!tch about bad calls.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Youtube vidoe of the play in OT that should've been reviewed: You be the judge « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools