Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Youtube vidoe of the play in OT that should've been reviewed: You be the judge « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 18, 2006, 09:19:32 AM

Is that the Bert Emmanuel rule though? He had control of the ball so the ball making contact with the ground doesn't matter?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 18, 2006, 09:20:02 AM

I remember learning in school about Rosa Parks and her famous bus ride. She could have just said nothing and followed the rule. She made a stand not for the moment, but for the future. Maybe if we pitch a fit now about a non-booth review, we get the chance for a review next time. I think the Bucs need an answer from the NFL as to why there was no review.

You are trying to draw a comparison between a person who stood up for civil rights and multiple years of discrimination and a missed call in a game of football? There is no comparison there. It's the greatest stretch I've seen on this forum to relate two situations.  :o

It was a bad call, but writing to the league office or begging for an outcome reversal isn't going to do anything. It's still going to be a Bucs loss, and the play is going to stand.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 18, 2006, 09:21:07 AM

Is that the Bert Emmanuel rule though? He had control of the ball so the ball making contact with the ground doesn't matter?

he didn't have control of the ball as it hit the ground. Ronde forced it out. Bert didn't have to use the ground to hold onto the ball unlike this one.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#18 : December 18, 2006, 09:23:35 AM

he didn't have control of the ball as it hit the ground. Ronde forced it out. Bert didn't have to use the ground to hold onto the ball unlike this one.

yeah, this play was more like the Edell non TD in the playoffs. The WR caught the ball initially, but did not maintain possession throughout the entire process of making the catch.

bklynbucs11

Starter

#19 : December 18, 2006, 09:46:14 AM

keep, it was a general thought; not specific. Yes, officials make terrible calls. Yes, some of those calls end up hurting the losing team. But, there's nothing to be done about it after the game has already ended. No one is going to give the Bucs the win. I've seen people already tonight completely tantrum over this call, and there's no reason to become that upset over something that has already happened and cannot be changed.

But by your logic, every terrible call should be ignored. After all, they've all already happend so there's nothing you can do about them. The reality is that calls should be analyzed after so they can be fixed, not merely forgotten.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 18, 2006, 11:14:59 AM

keep, it was a general thought; not specific. Yes, officials make terrible calls. Yes, some of those calls end up hurting the losing team. But, there's nothing to be done about it after the game has already ended. No one is going to give the Bucs the win. I've seen people already tonight completely tantrum over this call, and there's no reason to become that upset over something that has already happened and cannot be changed.

But by your logic, every terrible call should be ignored. After all, they've all already happend so there's nothing you can do about them. The reality is that calls should be analyzed after so they can be fixed, not merely forgotten.

I didn't say every play should be ignored. I said there's nothing you can do to change that bad call now. You can complain and complain, but it's not going to change that outcome.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 18, 2006, 11:42:28 AM

Keepon, that's the best angle I've seen so far.  No doubt from that angle it wasn't a catch.  I still cannot believe they did not review the play, or at the very least call the holding penalty on Hovan.  I'm sticking with my origingal theory in that Fox wanted to desperately get switched over to the Eagles/Giants game.

QFT!  re: fox wanting the make the switch.  LAME!

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

samsdad

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 18, 2006, 01:13:43 PM

oh the crap about fox wanting to switch is BS and you guys know it. ..

I think what happened is the replay official forgot the rule about overtime.

why wouldnt he review it? If it was 4th quarter and over 2 minutes left the bucs have to challenge...i think the bastard forgot he was responsible for the whole overtime period

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 18, 2006, 01:20:35 PM

That freakin pass was on 3rd down on the Buccs 48 yard line.  It would have been 4th and 8, and we would have had the ball back.

HOW CAN THE BOOTH NOT TAKE A LOOK AT THAT.   [banghead]

BP1

Pro Bowler

#24 : December 18, 2006, 08:03:59 PM

I remember learning in school about Rosa Parks and her famous bus ride. She could have just said nothing and followed the rule. She made a stand not for the moment, but for the future. Maybe if we pitch a fit now about a non-booth review, we get the chance for a review next time. I think the Bucs need an answer from the NFL as to why there was no review.

You are trying to draw a comparison between a person who stood up for civil rights and multiple years of discrimination and a missed call in a game of football? There is no comparison there. It's the greatest stretch I've seen on this forum to relate two situations.  :o

It was a bad call, but writing to the league office or begging for an outcome reversal isn't going to do anything. It's still going to be a Bucs loss, and the play is going to stand.

You are so missing the point of what I wrote. The point was if the Bucs say nothing, then it does not get reviewed by the league and the head of officials. This might help the next time this comes up in a game. I was not saying what happened shared the same importance as a civil right issue. I did not appreciate the insult.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 18, 2006, 08:28:28 PM

You are trying to draw a comparison between a person who stood up for civil rights and multiple years of discrimination and a missed call in a game of football? There is no comparison there. It's the greatest stretch I've seen on this forum to relate two situations.  :o

You are so missing the point of what I wrote. The point was if the Bucs say nothing, then it does not get reviewed by the league and the head of officials. This might help the next time this comes up in a game. I was not saying what happened shared the same importance as a civil right issue. I did not appreciate the insult.

I wasn't providing an insult, and I apologize that you saw it that way. You mentioned Rosa Parks standing up for what she thought was right, and you wrote that the Bucs should do the same. I was stating that there is a clear and distinct difference between her situation and the game of football.

BP1

Pro Bowler

#26 : December 18, 2006, 11:08:59 PM

I wasn't providing an insult, and I apologize that you saw it that way. You mentioned Rosa Parks standing up for what she thought was right, and you wrote that the Bucs should do the same. I was stating that there is a clear and distinct difference between her situation and the game of football.

It's okay...no harm. I have just been in exam mode these past 2 weeks lol.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Youtube vidoe of the play in OT that should've been reviewed: You be the judge « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools