Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Reflecting on today's game « previous next »
Page: 1

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
: December 17, 2006, 09:27:33 PM

Probably the best coaching decision all season came with 3:51 left in the 2nd quarter when Gruden inserted Rattay.  I'm not anointing Rattay by any means, it was just good to see a QB make plays and score points.  I also believe that it fired up this entire team in ways we cannot imagine.  I for one would like to see Rattay start the last two games and see just how well he does.  In no way am I endorsing him to be a starter, just wanting to see what he can do.  Brett Favre was and still is one of the worse practice players ever...
This game also galvanized the problem with our coach.  His play calling isn't as big of an issue as is his personnel decisions.  For whatever reason, we seem to be a team that has changed out many key positions during the Gruden era.  Of course there have been injuries & cap issues, but there have been many times when personnel changes took place that did and still do not make sense.  I'm not sure how many head coaches operate in that capacity without an offensive coordinator, but I'm guessing not many, and even less that have done it consistently and effectively.  IF Gruden is back next season, I believe it would be invaluable for the front office to make it mandatory to at least have an advisory panel for offensive player decisions, if not a true offensive coordinator.  Like the old saying goes, two heads are far better than one.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#1 : December 17, 2006, 09:33:58 PM

I thought you were leaving this board for good?

http://bbs.pewterreport.com/index.php?topic=3100.0

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#2 : December 17, 2006, 09:35:53 PM

If Gruden starts Grads again this year he should definately be outta here!
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Reflecting on today's game « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools