Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: College RB to Keep an eye on « previous next »
Page: 1 2

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: July 14, 2008, 04:09:14 PM

Wyoming's Devin Moore at 5'9 195 pounds is not the biggest running backs in college football but posses great vision, hands, explosiveness. A true homerun threat every time he touches the ball, has a great slide or jump step and can reach top speed in only a few steps.

Moore has played in 33 games for Wyoming, while carrying the rock 304 times for 1,748 yards with eight touchdowns, shows great hands with 51 receptions for 337 yards and one score. has returned kicks as well and taken one the distance.

Great speed as well with a forty time of 4.38.

Should the Michael Bennett experiment not work or Dunn show his true age the team might be looking for a speed back to complement Earnest Graham and Carnell Williams should Williams be able to return to some kind of football form.

Just a player to keep an eye on this coming college football season

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 14, 2008, 04:20:49 PM

That's nice Yuc, thanks.  I struggle with recording games on Saturday as I'm not sure who to focus on.  YO Scott, Jim, and Charlie....There's a new column for you college football junkies.  The game of the week from a Buccaneers Scouting perspective?  I'd love to be able to tape meaningful games with players that maybe drafted by the Bucs vs just picking the big, FSU, UF, SEC, or ACC thriller of the week...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 14, 2008, 04:29:52 PM

ACC thriller of the week...
Is there such a thing?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#3 : July 14, 2008, 04:42:39 PM

Chev - while everyone has an opinion on the top name guys I prefer to focus on the lesser name guys

Here are a few receivers from a post of mine a few weeks back
Some other players that might be of interest or worth watching at the receiver position include.

1. Brooks Foster 6'3 205 4.47 North Carolina
Has 67 career receptions for 903 yards and 4 touchdowns

2. Marko Mitchell 6'4 200 4.49 Nevada
Has 92 career receptions for 1662 yards and 12 touchdowns

3. Ramses Barden 6' 6 224 4.50 Cal Poly
Has 139 career receptions for 2946 yards and 32 touchdowns

4. George Smith 6'3 202 4.5 Vanderbilt
Has 76 career receptions for 996 yards and 8 touchdowns

Here are some DT as well from that same post
1. Vance Walker 6' 2 296 4.87 Georgia Tech
He finished last season with 45 tackles 14.5 tackles for loss 8.5 sacks 2 fumble recovers and 3 forced fumbles, in his career he has totaled 10 sacks and over 21 tackles for loss.

2. Jerry Peria 6' 3 298 4.98 Mississippi
he finished 2007 with 58 tackles 14 tackles for loss and 3.5 sacks, in his career he has over 17 tackles for loss and 6 sacks.

3. Terrance Taylor 6'1 318 5.06 Michigan   
Last season he finished with 55 total tackles 8.5 tackles for loss and 3.5 sacks, thus far he has over 20 tackles for loss and 7 sacks.

4. Demarcus Granger 6' 2 315 4.89 Oklahoma
finished 2007 with 35 tackles, 8.5 tackles for loss and 3.5 sacks has 13 tackles for loss in his career as wellas 4.5 sacks

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 14, 2008, 05:14:32 PM

Watch out for Noel Devine. He is a beast.

Devine has exceptional skills for his size but he might go down as someone to watch out for off-field if he doesn't steer clear of bad decisions because of the stomping he put on that guy at the bar that he wasn't supposed to be at.

In my opinion, Moreno will be one of the top 5 RB's in college this year..I've seen him play in high school and heard of his work ethic in college and of course saw him play and he looks like someone who could be a great in the NFL

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#5 : July 14, 2008, 05:44:44 PM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1IRWT_woUOQ

He sure got speed!

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 14, 2008, 05:52:22 PM

Sure Noel Devine is fast... But do you think he will come out as a sophmore? And i seriously doubt he will make any impact in the NFL except special team.

Unless he bulk up to the size Maurice Jones Drew is.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 14, 2008, 06:03:10 PM

Thanks Yuc!!!  Nice list brother.  I always get some WVU as they Ply USF and I try to get all their games...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#8 : July 14, 2008, 06:35:00 PM

I think Arian Foster is very underrated by many. He's a little better known, but people don't seem to project him well into the league. I think he's Earnest Graham with a high ceiling. Very big guy who is agile and a great receiver.

So aside from the highly publicized backs eligible, I've got my eye on Cedric Peerman, Keegan Herring, Jeremiah Johnson, and Anthony Dixon though I doubt he comes out.

GatorBuc85

Pro Bowler

#9 : July 14, 2008, 06:43:48 PM

I'd love for Devine to become a Buc!

-Chase

Our fans suck!

#10 : July 14, 2008, 06:45:26 PM

Just a player to keep an eye on this coming college football season

How many people are actually going to see Wyoming play (besides me, of course)? The only game likely to be televised on a national level is Tennessee.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#11 : July 14, 2008, 07:11:31 PM

Well some have ESPN gaem plan which would allow them to watch a few games other wont get a chance to

Oliver Goldsmith

GatorBuc85

Pro Bowler

#12 : July 14, 2008, 07:13:31 PM

I watch the Gators, and then I catch whatever else is on.

-Chase

Our fans suck!

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#13 : July 15, 2008, 09:52:08 AM

ACC thriller of the week...
Is there such a thing?

Some times it's hard to pick just one.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#14 : July 15, 2008, 01:07:47 PM

Im so pumped for college football. And camp opens in just a few weeks.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: College RB to Keep an eye on « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools