Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Gruden didnt run more this year « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 18, 2006, 12:50:14 PM

The fact was given during the game, the Bucs have the youngest o-line in the NFL. Caddy is the only threat in this offense and teams are keying on him and only him.

Dal brings up last year but it was different, there was at least the threat of a deep ball so the stack isn't stacked as you might think.

Exactly correct. Galloway is a threat to, but if you QB cannot complete a deep throw he is nothing more than eatting up one defender. We face 8 people, zero coverage, geared soley to stop the run double dog, trible dog daring our QB to beat them with a pass...

Baghead #2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 18, 2006, 12:51:37 PM

Larry Johnson, Frank Gore, they run because they have guys like will shields, larry allen who will knock people off the ball. You can run it up Larry allens a$$ for 3 yards! You can't run it up sean mahans butt for nada and you have 2 rookies on the right side.

Isn't this why we spent a 1st round pick on a OG?

Well sure it is! Are you ready to throw Joseph in there and compare him to a Larry Allen or a Will Shields 14 games into his NFL Career? He looks great and will be a great addition, he is a rookie.

The Saints are running just fine behind an OL that is as young as ours, and part of that has been solid play from their 4th round rookie OG. The reasoning behind burning a 1st rounder on an OG was that he was supposed to have been dominant out of the gate. Look at the impact Logan Mankins had in his rookie year.

The saints have a QB that might break an NFL passing record............wonder if defenses worry about that???

Of course, but I'm not talking about total defense. I'm just talking about LOS performance of their OL players on run plays.

I know you are but lets think here for a minute, the saints face 2 deep, 7 in the box all day long, sometimes nickel personnel, its not even a comparision when it comes to the defenses the saints face compared to what we face on a down by down baisis.

Baghead #2

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 18, 2006, 12:53:48 PM

The Saints have multiple vertical threats and an MVP caliber QB.  Forget the o-line comparisons.

True, but it still all starts with the oline. Their Oline is more consistant as well. Plus, Duece and Bush both could be >  Caddy.

Buc's O pretty much blows from start to finish, hard to try to compair any one person's performance from this team to anyone elses from any other team. You just have to look at it on a play per play and just keep it within the bucs.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#33 : December 18, 2006, 12:55:25 PM

I agree Rowdie but a good QB elevates every other position on the offense.  You can't overestimate how Gradkowski's struggles made the whole unit look worse than they are.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 18, 2006, 01:01:29 PM

Its as simple as this, when you have a threat in the passing game, you can run, you keep people from an all-out mallay at the LOS, in which we are playing 2 rookies, one guy that just cannot block (mahan) and a center that is the same (wade).

We are facing this, and its different for every team. We have to pass to set up the run, we cannot pass we cannot run, simple as that.

Baghead #2

Bucsvp

Rookie

#35 : December 18, 2006, 01:30:24 PM

I'm really tired of trying to analyse why Gruden doesn't do this and why Gruden doesn't do that. I'm sick of trying to imagine Gruden on the couch trying to explain his thinking. The bottom line is his offense SUCKS and that's his only reason for being here. If he can't get the job done then it's time to replace him.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 18, 2006, 01:39:36 PM

I'm really tired of trying to analyse why Gruden doesn't do this and why Gruden doesn't do that. I'm sick of trying to imagine Gruden on the couch trying to explain his thinking. The bottom line is his offense SUCKS and that's his only reason for being here. If he can't get the job done then it's time to replace him.

But he can get the job done so it's not time to replace him.

Bucsvp

Rookie

#37 : December 18, 2006, 01:52:30 PM

He's never really gotten the job done. If it wasn't for the defense he wouldn't have that superbowl ring. If it wasn't for the defense being #1 last year, no way we would have made the playoffs.
And yesterday you saw what happens when the defense isn't able to carry his ass. Yesterday he proved he couldn't even find the right QB on his own bench. How is he suppose to draft college players he's only seen on film if he can't even judge the talent he has playing for him right now?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 18, 2006, 01:54:57 PM

He's never really gotten the job done. If it wasn't for the defense he wouldn't have that superbowl ring. If it wasn't for the defense being #1 last year, no way we would have made the playoffs.
And yesterday you saw what happens when the defense isn't able to carry his ass. Yesterday he proved he couldn't even find the right QB on his own bench. How is he suppose to draft college players he's only seen on film if he can't even judge the talent he has playing for him right now?

good lord you have no clue. I'm not even going to waste my energy on this.

Bucsvp

Rookie

#39 : December 18, 2006, 02:00:33 PM

good lord you have no clue. I'm not even going to waste my energy on this.

You need to cut back on the koolaid.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 18, 2006, 02:03:27 PM

Bullshlt, it's not even worth the time to argue with a person that has no clue what they're talking about. It's absurd that you come on here and bring up the same lame, non-logical, untrue bullshlt about Gruden or the team. You know when someone posts this garbage what knowledge they bring to the table and at that point you make your decision. I've made mine and your not worth it.

#41 : December 18, 2006, 10:27:54 PM

People act like stacking the box is something new. The box was stacked last year and Caddy ran.

The box is stacked vs LT, the box is stacked vs JAX and so on. "

The box is stacked" is an excuse when you can't run but when you want to run you have to run into just those situations.

Disagree. For one, the OL WAS blocking better. Buenning was healthy, and more effective as a rookie. Holes WERE there in 2005. Davis has probably stayed about the same, atleast as far as run blocking. Mahan and Wade, are Mahan and Wade. Joseph has been good, not as good a rookie as Buenning was but the ONLY bright spot on teh OL outside of the passblocking as a whole (which is slightly improved).

Cadillac does the most with every run, and this thread wasnt me being critical of Cadillac. Im not on that tip. Cadillac is a very good RB, who should make multiple pro bowls. This OL is just HORRIBLE. How do you expect your RB to produce when your OL NEVER wins the battle at the LOS, when your RB is hit in the backfield on 1/2 running plays and when thats not happening he is urnning into a wall. Dunn went through it ion Tampa, and a lot of people criticized him also. As we see he is putting up big seasons yardage wise now that he has an average OL (and I am not one who thinks Atlantas OL is bette rthan average, Vick always inflates their rushing totals)

Bucsvp

Rookie

#42 : December 19, 2006, 12:30:09 PM

Bullshlt, it's not even worth the time to argue with a person that has no clue what they're talking about. It's absurd that you come on here and bring up the same lame, non-logical, untrue bullshlt about Gruden or the team. You know when someone posts this garbage what knowledge they bring to the table and at that point you make your decision. I've made mine and your not worth it.

You're not knowledgeable and you're not a fan. You're a cheerleader. You treat this team like it was your kids Pop Warner team and anybody that criticise it as if they were attacking your kids. If you seriously think that Gruden is capable of building a team through the draft then you're deluded. 

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#43 : December 19, 2006, 04:38:15 PM

I still contend the oline block just fine on plenty of plays and the caddy doesn't take advantage of it like he would if he was a great as soooooo many folks contend he is.

As for Gru being able to build through the draft or not how would we know?

How as Oakland built?

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

#44 : December 20, 2006, 01:03:08 AM

You're not knowledgeable and you're not a fan. You're a cheerleader. You treat this team like it was your kids Pop Warner team and anybody that criticise it as if they were attacking your kids. If you seriously think that Gruden is capable of building a team through the draft then you're deluded.
Bashing a regular in your first 40-50 posts isn't a good idea...
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Gruden didnt run more this year « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools