Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bruce Allen seen with Brett Favre at Flemings? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

quezilla

Hall of Famer
: July 15, 2008, 01:39:13 PM

Someone called into 102.5 (BTLS) this morning, and said they saw Bruce Allen eating dinner with Brett Favre at Flemings. 

Another person that worked at Flemings also called to confirm that they were indeed there for about 45 min. to an hour.

Then someone that works at the Bucs facility called in, and said Favre toured the facility last night.  And, there are rumors the Bucs have contacted GB about a trade.

A 4th caller said he has a contact that said it's a done deal. A 2nd rounder & Chris Simms for Favre.

Could all be a subject for debate, but 4 callers within 30 -45 min is interesting.  It was around the 9:00 hour, if anyone else happened to be listening.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : July 15, 2008, 01:42:22 PM

So should the title of the thread be Bruce Allen seen with Brett Favre at Flemings?  Just asking bc keeping the rumors in the right folders is necessary during off season...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

quezilla

Hall of Famer
#2 : July 15, 2008, 01:44:26 PM

So should the title of the thread be Bruce Allen seen with Brett Favre at Flemings?  Just asking bc keeping the rumors in the right folders is necessary during off season...

doh! thanks, I changed it.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#3 : July 15, 2008, 01:49:46 PM

LOL - I do stuff like that all the time quez... interesting - we will see what the outcome is...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 15, 2008, 01:51:09 PM

Unless Green Bay gives permission for Favre to seek a trade, any talk about coming to Tampa between the two would be tampering..

#5 : July 15, 2008, 01:52:22 PM

Internet Rumor Mill.

I can't remember a time when one of these rumors on the boards actually panned out.  (Can you?)

And yeah, tampering is a baaaad thing.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#6 : July 15, 2008, 01:54:14 PM

Unless Green Bay gives permission for Favre to seek a trade, any talk about coming to Tampa between the two would be tampering..

I'm sure Ted Thomson gave permission to the Bucs to have Brett Favre in for a visit and will probably allow Favre to visit any team not in the NFC North.  He already told Favre to come up with a list of places that he would want to be traded too.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : July 15, 2008, 01:55:38 PM

FDCN - maybe everyone involved is being disingenous - and the Packers have told Favre to go to Tampa - get them the best deal he can, and sign a contract with Tampa bc the buccs have the cap space and they care about his legacy....

Ummm - probably not huh...

#8 : July 15, 2008, 01:59:06 PM

yeah... this whole thing with Brett was pre-planned to go off now in off season so all the news outlets have something to report on...   this is also supports the Mega-Conspiracy theory...   

It was hilarious this morning on Sirius...  the hosts this am starting calling the "Morning Drive" show  "...the All-Favre Radio Show"  lol

sma2680

Practice Squad

#9 : July 15, 2008, 02:11:26 PM

I am not sure if the Bucs need permission to talk to Brett farve until he is reinstated.  Perhaps this why Favre is yet to do so.  Again, could be wrong, but I think that makes sense.  If you are not in the league, how can someone restrict your activities?

#10 : July 15, 2008, 02:13:38 PM

I don't think he's submitted papers... Too much coverage of it IMO.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#11 : July 15, 2008, 02:18:14 PM

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=84919&catid=8

Tampa, Florida - With internet rumors of Brett Favre to the Bucs running rampant, one Packers blog went so far to say that Favre dined with Bucs GM Bruce Allen last night at Fleming's Steakhouse.

Tampa Bay's 10 News contacted Fleming's, and an employee told us that the rumor was only half true - but they had also heard rumors that Favre was coming yesterday afternoon.

The employee said that rumors of Allen and Favre dining together were running rampant all day long. However, only Bruce Allen showed up (no Favre) and had dinner with three other gentlemen.

Tampa Bay's 10 News will keep you updated with facts on any other rumors that pop up.

Tampa Bay's 10 News

#12 : July 15, 2008, 02:19:07 PM

Ha Ha Ha...   you can't pay for this type of stuff.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#13 : July 15, 2008, 02:24:30 PM

Even if he's officially retired? 

Kind of a strange area there. Favre = retired, can go have dinner and chat with whomever he wants?  Once he applies for reinstatement then it would be a definite violation....   hmm. 

Could be why he hasn't bothered to send the comish a letter yet? 

edit, ah crap baylife scooped me :(

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#14 : July 15, 2008, 02:25:30 PM

Even if Boldin were there?  LOL

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bruce Allen seen with Brett Favre at Flemings? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools