Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bruce Allen seen with Brett Favre at Flemings? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

#15 : July 15, 2008, 02:34:18 PM

And it just keeps coming...

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/07/15/favre-to-the-redskins/

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 15, 2008, 02:34:39 PM

Omg…we’re interested in Lance Briggs.  YES.  I can’t believe we’re getting Lance Briggs.  Lance Briggs resigns with Bears

Omg…we’re interested in Jared Allen.  YES.  I can’t believe we’re getting Jared Allen.  Jared Allen is traded to Minnesota.

Omg…we’re interested in Lito Sheppard.  YES.  I can’t believe we’re getting Lito Sheppard.  Lito Sheppard remains with Philadelphia.

Omg…we’re interested in Brett Favre.  YES.  I can’t believe we’re getting Brett Favre.  What do you think the result will be?

We as fans, myself included, get too hyped up about rumors and possibilities that we forget what team we root for.  We are more of bargain shoppers now a days and we cling on to draft picks like they are gold.  Sure, we are willing to part with 6th and 7th round picks, but that isn’t going to land a Brett Favre.  I am hoping for Brett to come to Tampa, but in reality I see him heading towards Carolina or Baltimore.

Think about it.  All three teams have good defenses, with Baltimore and Tampa Bay being slightly better than Carolina’s.   The Panthers have Steve Smith and Mushin Muhammad, certainly more enticing then the Bucs Joey Galloway and um….Joey Galloway.  The Ravens blow both teams out of the water as, along with their stout defense, have Derrick Mason and Todd Heap, along with McGahee and Mark Clayton.  In the end, I think Favre goes to one of those 3 teams, but I think Baltimore would be the best spot for him and it’s an AFC team, so Green Bay would make the price more affordable then it would be for Carolina or Tampa.  The only thing given us hope is that Baltimore doesn’t seem interested in that they fear Favre will be around more than one year causing the first round selection of Flacco to be wasted if they add him.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 15, 2008, 02:35:58 PM

Sounds more like someone just started a rumor because Bruce was going out to eat.

You know how easy a rumor like that can start and how fast it will spread?

#18 : July 15, 2008, 02:37:49 PM

Maybe is best that we AREN'T being mentioned as a likely destination.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 15, 2008, 02:38:39 PM

Yeah people are just anxious for news, which is why I wouldn’t be surprised if you see his mentioned on PFT soon; but the reality is Training Camp starts the 27th for Green Bay, I believe, and I would expect a deal to get done the 25-26th at the EARLIEST.  To think Brett would already be out to dinner with our GM is wishful thinking at best, he still has to send the Packers a list of teams he’d be willing to go to.

#20 : July 15, 2008, 02:39:30 PM

Here ya go Hate...

This is getting fun...

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Commentary/Columns/2008/arkush071408.htm

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : July 15, 2008, 02:39:46 PM

Makes you wonder what Bruce ordered doesn't it?  LMAO at the furor...  I wonder if Boldin and Roy W were there with Brett?  

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#22 : July 15, 2008, 02:41:41 PM

Jacquez Green picked up the check for the party.

He was also seen in the back washing dishes after closing.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 15, 2008, 02:42:12 PM

Maybe is best that we AREN'T being mentioned as a likely destination.

Hate, we’re being mentioned everywhere as a suitor for him, including ESPN, PFT, and rotoworld, etc.  I think what you mean to say, it’s best that we haven’t talked on the subject yet.  We’ve seen teams like Chicago, Baltimore, and New York come out publicly saying they wouldn’t be interested, I guess giving a vote of confidence to their current QBs; but you will notice Tampa didn’t say anything yet.

Until I hear Gruden and Allen break our hope, saying “we already have good quarterbacks on the roster” and Gruden fluff up everyone from Garcia to Josh Johnson, then we will know how we stand in the Favre situation.  But Hate I agree, the fact we are keeping silent, means we are interested.  Even if it is minor.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 15, 2008, 02:42:36 PM

And it just keeps coming...

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/07/15/favre-to-the-redskins/

I told you guys the Skins would go after him. Snyder is so stupid he'll give up the farm if he thinks he has a chance to get him.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : July 15, 2008, 02:43:12 PM

I heard it was LT... check your sources and I will check mine Magnaccia...

(Green was there however, involved something about needing the dishes for the other customers...)

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#26 : July 15, 2008, 02:43:59 PM

Here ya go Hate...

This is getting fun...

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Commentary/Columns/2008/arkush071408.htm

Thanx for the read and yes, this IS getting fun. Garcia panties must be in knots!!!!!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : July 15, 2008, 02:45:24 PM

Well at least Jeff Garcia is not whining about his contract now...

TbayBucs

Pro Bowler

#28 : July 15, 2008, 02:45:45 PM

Maybe Jake Plummer was mistaken for Brett.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : July 15, 2008, 02:46:16 PM

Maybe it was a Manning...  no, not Archie...

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bruce Allen seen with Brett Favre at Flemings? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools