Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bruce Allen seen with Brett Favre at Flemings? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

#30 : July 15, 2008, 02:46:28 PM

Maybe is best that we AREN'T being mentioned as a likely destination.

Hate, we’re being mentioned everywhere as a suitor for him, including ESPN, PFT, and rotoworld, etc.  I think what you mean to say, it’s best that we haven’t talked on the subject yet.

Thats is exactly what i meant.

PFT, John Clayton, Peter King and others have mentioned us as a likely destination but no word as to whether we ARE actually interested might be a good thing. So many times we have supposed interest only to find out differently later.

simmstheanswer

Starter

#31 : July 15, 2008, 02:48:27 PM

can anyone else substantiate that these calls took place? anyone else actually hear them?

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#32 : July 15, 2008, 02:48:54 PM

Let's give up on Favre and concentrate our energy on getting the Manning boys, the one thing this franchise needs are two pro Oreo lickers.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

#33 : July 15, 2008, 02:49:58 PM

I get what you're saying hate.   I just don't have any faith.

(But I will say, that why aren't our draft picks being signed?   It's because BA is focused on the  manuvering to get Brett here...  that's why.)

(Sorry - couldn't resist...)

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#34 : July 15, 2008, 02:51:18 PM

PFT, John Clayton, Peter King and others have mentioned us as a likely destination but no word as to whether we ARE actually interested might be a good thing. So many times we have supposed interest only to find out differently later

This is right on !!! This is actually sounding like fantasy football... Who knows --- Maybe it is  !!!!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#35 : July 15, 2008, 02:51:36 PM

can anyone else substantiate that these calls took place? anyone else actually hear them?

Right now time is running amok - I am not even sure what day it is.  Brett Favre wants to be a Packer but insists on leaving...  Am I getting this right?  LMAO.  Allen and Gruden should have waited 'til now to cut veterans from the bucc roster...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#36 : July 15, 2008, 02:53:58 PM

One of my buddies at work heard them.... told me about them around 10am. It was on Bubba's show i believe.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#37 : July 15, 2008, 02:57:28 PM

This is pure rumor and water cooler talk. There is nothing to substantiate as of yet this happened last night.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#38 : July 15, 2008, 03:00:42 PM

Unless Green Bay gives permission for Favre to seek a trade, any talk about coming to Tampa between the two would be tampering..

Even if he's officially retired?

Kind of a strange area there. Favre = retired, can go have dinner and chat with whomever he wants? Once he applies for reinstatement then it would be a definite violation.... hmm.

Could be why he hasn't bothered to send the comish a letter yet?

Yea, I didn't take that into consideration. But that would seem to be a serious loophole that more players who weren't content would take advantage of.

Retire, gauge interest and/or work out a trade, then unretire. Drew Rosenhaus type stuff...

sma2680

Practice Squad

#39 : July 15, 2008, 03:11:33 PM

Unless Green Bay gives permission for Favre to seek a trade, any talk about coming to Tampa between the two would be tampering..

Even if he's officially retired?

Kind of a strange area there. Favre = retired, can go have dinner and chat with whomever he wants? Once he applies for reinstatement then it would be a definite violation.... hmm.

Could be why he hasn't bothered to send the comish a letter yet?

Yea, I didn't take that into consideration. But that would seem to be a serious loophole that more players who weren't content would take advantage of.

Retire, gauge interest and/or work out a trade, then unretire. Drew Rosenhaus type stuff...

That was what I was trying to allude to above.  If he has already made his mind up to come play, and he wants to be released, then this may be why he hasn't filed for reinstatement....b/c as a retired player he can freely talk to teams to weigh his options about a comeback. 

I am sure the Bucs will stay silent on this.  Even if we have no shot at Favre, I can see Bruce using the speculation as leverage in the Garcia deal.

#40 : July 15, 2008, 03:15:28 PM

That was what I was trying to allude to above. If he has already made his mind up to come play, and he wants to be released, then this may be why he hasn't filed for reinstatement....b/c as a retired player he can freely talk to teams to weigh his options about a comeback.

I am sure the Bucs will stay silent on this. Even if we have no shot at Favre, I can see Bruce using the speculation as leverage in the Garcia deal.

Without a doubt... BA deals from a strong hand only.

As Hate said in another thread...  Jeff's got his panties in knots over this one.

I wonder if Jeff gave Brett a call?

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#41 : July 15, 2008, 03:15:42 PM

Rumour Mill Rubbish !!!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : July 15, 2008, 03:23:17 PM

Rumour Mill Rubbish !!!

Yep - for days now.  Flippin' soap opera for football fans...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#43 : July 15, 2008, 03:48:05 PM

Jacquez Green picked up the check for the party.

He was also seen in the back washing dishes after closing.

LMAO! Was Reidel Anthony drying if Jacquez was washing? Maybe Alvin Harper was taking out the trash too. :)

Bucnelious

Practice Squad

#44 : July 15, 2008, 04:31:47 PM

I heard the caller, he also said Brett Favre was choking on a piece of steak and Tony Gonzalez saved him.  Bruce Allen was so impressed, he ended up offerring them both contracts. 
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bruce Allen seen with Brett Favre at Flemings? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools