Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bruce Allen seen with Brett Favre at Flemings? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#75 : July 16, 2008, 05:50:38 PM

If McCown was so good, he would not be a back up. Why is that so hard to understand? If the coaches watching him EVERY practice, game, scrimmage, workout, meeting STILL have him warming the bench, he's just not as good as you hope for.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

JC510

Practice Squad

#76 : July 16, 2008, 05:57:09 PM

If McCown was so good, he would not be a back up. Why is that so hard to understand? If the coaches watching him EVERY practice, game, scrimmage, workout, meeting STILL have him warming the bench, he's just not as good as you hope for.

If Tom Brady was so good he wouldn't have been Drew Bledsoe's backup, right?

If Brett Favre was so good he wouldn't have been Don Majkowski's backup, right?

If Kurt Warner was so good he wouldn't have been Trent Green's backup, right?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#77 : July 16, 2008, 06:03:08 PM

I think my 85 year old grandmom knows who Brett Favre is and she doesn't kno the difference between football and chinese checkers

It must run in the family.
LMAO.......Great one.

yea haha that was a good zinger...

It�s just a shame it�s coming from somebody that thinks we have a QB of the Future every single year. Chris Simms, Bruce Gradkowski, Luke McCown; haha I don�t think I can bear the moment Josh Johnson throws a TD in pre-season.

Simms was a pocket QB without a pocket. Gradkowski was a game manager without games to manage (3-1, 6 TDs/2 INTs when the team rushed for more than 110 yards). McCown's talent is just absolutely nasty. If he went to Miami or Ohio State from 2000-2003 or his last name was Manning he would have easily been one of the top picks in the draft. He finally got a legit chance this season and had a 100.3 QB rating in his 3 starts.

The inclusion of Simms and Gradkowski in terms of NFL qbs takes soooo much away from a credible discussion.  

Simms is not a credible NFL qb at this point in time.

Grads is not a credible NFL qb at this point in time.

McCown - he might well be - at least he has mobility, an arm, and what appears to be a solid understanding of what the offense is trying to accomplish.  We will see if he has the mental wearwithal to avoid big mistakes - and continue to make plays.  

Neither Simms or Grads had more than one of the necessary ingredients.  We hoped they did, they proved they didn't.  Maybe Simms would have or could have been better, clearly it was too soon for Grads.  But when circumstances dictate - well sometimes they work for the player - sometimes against.  

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#78 : July 16, 2008, 06:19:10 PM

If Tom Brady was so good he wouldn't have been Drew Bledsoe's backup, right?

If Brett Favre was so good he wouldn't have been Don Majkowski's backup, right?

If Kurt Warner was so good he wouldn't have been Trent Green's backup, right?

How many times did Bledose get injured and Brady got a start before it was Brady's job?

How many times did Green get injured and Warner got a start before it was Warner's job?

McCown has had a chance to start, and he's back on the bench. Go figure, he's not that good.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#79 : July 16, 2008, 08:25:49 PM

For what its worth, Justin Pawlawski of 620WDAE said they confirmed it from two different reliable sources that it did happen....interesting indeed...

Wow, that's great!  The staff at Flemings might have been asked by the Bucs to cover it up.  Do you happen to have a link?
Justin also said that Monte Kiffin was there, and I know first hand that he was at Grille 131 in Seminole... The whole thing is a bunch of rubbish !!!
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bruce Allen seen with Brett Favre at Flemings? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools