Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A different feeling this Mon AM... « previous next »
Page: 1

: December 18, 2006, 07:12:38 AM

8) Kinda feels nice to get up and get a cup of coffee and feel proud of an effort put forth by our team doesnt it? Our record still is awful but at least this is better than looking at Grads stats after a terrible loss. A loss is a loss but.... this feels better!

#1 : December 18, 2006, 07:18:59 AM

at least we still have the 3rd pick.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 18, 2006, 07:26:49 AM

at least we still have the 3rd pick.

I concur with this post.  Gaines Adams here we come.  ;D

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 18, 2006, 07:57:45 AM

I have to agree with the competitive sentiments.  Everyone in the league knew we'd get crushed yesterday and we took them to the brink.  That's really all we can hope for on a 3-10.  They fought back time after time after time yesterday.  That's what I was looking for and have not seen.  It's ok to play a team that's better than you.  It's more important to play hard down the stretch than to win, IMO.  Winning does what for you right now?  drops you in the draft is what it does.  Gives you no more pride than you already had because the ultimate goal is not to avoid being in the cellar it's to win it all.  That's not going to happen, so competing is the next best thing, IMO...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#4 : December 18, 2006, 08:23:32 AM

I have to agree with the competitive sentiments.  Everyone in the league knew we'd get crushed yesterday and we took them to the brink.  That's really all we can hope for on a 3-10.  They fought back time after time after time yesterday.  That's what I was looking for and have not seen.  It's ok to play a team that's better than you.  It's more important to play hard down the stretch than to win, IMO.  Winning does what for you right now?  drops you in the draft is what it does.  Gives you no more pride than you already had because the ultimate goal is not to avoid being in the cellar it's to win it all.  That's not going to happen, so competing is the next best thing, IMO...

Amen.

Admittedly, I was one that expected to get home from vacation in time for the kickoff, only to see the Bears manhandle us.

If there were any lingering doubts that the boys had not given their all, those should now be removed.  It would have been all too easy for a 3-10 on the road to fold the tent after getting down 24-3.

Lloyd Grant

Rookie

#5 : December 18, 2006, 08:42:19 AM

a loss is a loss, only goobers would be excited about a close loss.  if our coach had interest in playing players that would help us win, instead of his boys we would probably have a playoff spot locked up by now. 

Proud 300 Level Season Ticket Holder since 1997

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 18, 2006, 09:00:17 AM

a loss is a loss, only goobers would be excited about a close loss. if our coach had interest in playing players that would help us win, instead of his boys we would probably have a playoff spot locked up by now.

Thanks for that great insight Loyd, wrong thread...the haters and bashers are down a few lines...No one likes to loose, but winning is sort of an after thought at 3-10 my friend. 

IMO, it felt good to see them fight back after the bad positions we put ourselves in and the horrible calls to compound our own mistakes.  Am I pleased with the moral victory, not really, but as the topic says, I do feel better about the team after what I saw yesterday...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 18, 2006, 09:10:45 AM

Agree I had a great time watching the game at the sports bar.  It started out as a "here we go again" game and ended up being a classic game. 

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#8 : December 18, 2006, 09:17:25 AM

It was good to be competitive but I would have rather had the younger players have alot more to do with it on offense.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#9 : December 18, 2006, 09:46:47 AM

I concur with this post.  Gaines Adams here we come.  ;D

I have to support the bandwagon here. It was kind of weird being competitive in a game and still wanting the other team to win.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 18, 2006, 09:59:33 AM

at no time did I want the other team to win. It was nice to see the Bucs play up to their potential at least for a quarter

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#11 : December 18, 2006, 10:53:58 AM

I came home to my parent's house for the holiday and didn't see the game. I saw the score in the 1st quarter, said oh well we're probably going to get blown out anyways, went to play basketball, and when I came back my cell phone said 34-31 Bears, win in OT.

Good thing I have TiVo.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A different feeling this Mon AM... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools