Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zuttah close to signing « previous next »
Page: 1 2

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: July 17, 2008, 06:01:11 PM

According to Roy Cummings a deal for offensive lineman Jeremy Zuttah (third round) is expected to be completed by the middle of next week, and talks aimed at signing quarterback Josh Johnson (sixth round) are believed to be moving along well.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 17, 2008, 06:52:57 PM

Our Buccaneer Ace Reporter Roy still thinks Josh was a 6th round pick... Me thinks we picked him in the 5th.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 17, 2008, 06:57:08 PM

yea and doesnt training camp start soon, I would think we'd see these picks signed by next week with maybe Talib being the last one.  Come to think of it, I havent see many 1st round picks of many teams sign yet

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#3 : July 17, 2008, 07:00:50 PM

The last few season the Bus signed there first round pick before there second rounders except for in 2005 when Williams was signed the morning of the first practice

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

The Q

Pro Bowler

#4 : July 17, 2008, 08:17:03 PM

A week from tomorrow the 25th, training camp starts. In that week, I think that Allen gets them all signed.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#5 : July 17, 2008, 10:39:02 PM

Simms should be departing soon in order to make room for someone.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 17, 2008, 10:53:59 PM

According to Roy Cummings a deal for offensive lineman Jeremy Zuttah (third round) is expected to be completed by the middle of next week, and talks aimed at signing quarterback Josh Johnson (sixth round) are believed to be moving along well.
Josh Johnson was drafted in the 5th round.

IN YOUR FACE!!!!!!!!!!

spartan

Hall of Famer
#7 : July 18, 2008, 12:09:56 AM

There is 7 days to camp, well yea, I think all of our unsigned picks are "close" to signing!

GatorBuc85

Pro Bowler

#8 : July 18, 2008, 09:29:30 AM

Good to see.

-Chase

Our fans suck!

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 18, 2008, 04:40:26 PM

WOW what a scoop. Players will expect to be signed any day  just prior to TC. UHHHHHH HELLO. seems pretty much standard procedure for the last 20 years. What a scoop. Also science suspects that the sun Affects our atmosphere, climate and weather. WOW

thanson

Starter

#10 : July 18, 2008, 05:38:35 PM

How good is this guy? Anyone got a inside scoop?

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#11 : July 18, 2008, 05:42:18 PM

He's played alot of different positions, is a smart and athletic player. Could have easily been taken in the early 2nd and nobody would have questioned it. Hes going to start out at center in TC, but I personally think the team would be happy if he developed into a LT.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#12 : July 18, 2008, 05:47:31 PM

He's played alot of different positions, is a smart and athletic player. Could have easily been taken in the early 2nd and nobody would have questioned it. Hes going to start out at center in TC, but I personally think the team would be happy if he developed into a LT.

I think the Bucs are better off developing Penn at LT than anybody else. I think Zuttah would be better if we develop him at C.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#13 : July 18, 2008, 09:22:39 PM

Well.. what we have here is a guy who isn't good enough to actually start at any position in the NFL, but isn't so bad that he can't be a good 3rd stringer all the way across.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#14 : July 19, 2008, 08:43:17 AM

Not as a pro obviously, PR folks like him - but there is the caveat re linemen - can't tell anything for certain until the pads are on....  Until then folks are just hopin' he is a good pick.

Buenning - healthy finally - appears on the rise - as a back up center/guard... and that is good for the buccs - bc that guy has proven he can play in the league very effectively at guard.. we will see about center.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zuttah close to signing « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools