Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What would our record be if Rattay was the starter? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#30 : December 18, 2006, 12:35:21 PM

We prolly are at 6-8 right now with Rattay if you ask me.

That's about right.  Still no playoffs and a much worse draft pick.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#31 : December 18, 2006, 06:09:02 PM

No matter what Gruden does, someone will criticize him for it. Rattay has just proven that Gruden's schemes can be successful with a competent QB running them. That's great, but it makes no sense to start Rattay in the last two games, when there is little or no chance he will be here next year. The smart thing to do would be to evaluate McCown. Simms and Gradkowski regressed this season. The longer they played, the worse they performed. I don't expect extrordinary improvement from either of them and still doubt Simms will elect to resign with the Bucs. McCown might be the one who can succeed in Gruden's system, but we'll never know because Gruden won't let him get in a game.  I guess we will start from scratch with some free agent QB this offseason.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 18, 2006, 06:12:05 PM

I think we would be 3-11

to think anything else means you have a crystal ball or have magic powers that the rest of us do not posess.

Rattay comes in for some garbage time, has a decent showing and suddenly he could have saved our season if he had started from day one?

lol

LMFAO!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 18, 2006, 06:40:13 PM

No matter what Gruden does, someone will criticize him for it. Rattay has just proven that Gruden's schemes can be successful with a competent QB running them. That's great, but it makes no sense to start Rattay in the last two games, when there is little or no chance he will be here next year. The smart thing to do would be to evaluate McCown. Simms and Gradkowski regressed this season. The longer they played, the worse they performed.

Thing is Brad got worse the longer he played.
SoB was great guns until he fell apart
Simms same sort as he regressed this year.Grads fell apart the longer he played.

There's something amiss here.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#34 : December 19, 2006, 12:41:06 AM

This season for Bucs' QB's shows that experience clearly has value. Even if Rattay stunk in practice he has extensive real time experience in this offense. That alone should have earned him at least a chance before yesterday. Gradkowsi was in a death spiral from the Giants game to yesterday with the exception of two series against the Saints.
And a 105 rating 2 TD game against the Skins

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#35 : December 18, 2006, 09:16:46 PM

You are right. I believe Gruden makes plays too complicated and overloads their abilities. The protection doesn't help much either.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#36 : December 18, 2006, 11:38:22 PM

Simms never regressed this year since he stunk it up from the very first series against Baltimore.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#37 : December 19, 2006, 12:31:01 AM

Eli Manning (1st rounder) as a rookie - Giants 6-10 record - He had an 8 game losing streak that year.  Played 9 games, IIRC
Peyton Manning (Future HOF) as a rookie - Indy - 3-13  He started every game.

When Grad has started and finished a game he is 3-6, 3-7 if you count the Bears.  That is an average record for a rookie, damn good for a 6th rounder, IMO.

Over a course of a whole season that would come out to about 5-11 or 6-10, IMO.  Not good, but with a rookie QB you wouldn't expect much better.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What would our record be if Rattay was the starter? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools