Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gay Pride kills Young Kid « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#30 : July 21, 2008, 03:52:02 PM

There was no discussion of the distraction from learning.

There doesn't have to be because it is a distraction from learning. Dressing in drag can't be allowed in school, it's a costume and should be banned like any other costume. I don't care about guys in drag or gays, they can do what they want but school is for learning.

If it was deemed a distraction, then the school can deal with it as they see fit.  That's irrelevent to this discussion and that was my point.  Guru didn't point out the potential distraction to the learning process, he talked about homosexuality being forced upon others and used the kids dress as an example.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#31 : July 21, 2008, 03:53:15 PM

This is just another case for why children should be forced to wear a school uniform to prevent these types of incidents from occuring again. If the kid didnt have to chance to express himself by what he was wearing then maybe this behavior could have been deterred from causing an uprising by the other students (Brandon.)

NO.  The kid should not have shot the other kid period.  Stop rationalizing the kid's criminal behavior.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#32 : July 21, 2008, 03:55:44 PM

If it was deemed a distraction, then the school can deal with it as they see fit. That's irrelevent to this discussion and that was my point. Guru didn't point out the potential distraction to the learning process, he talked about homosexuality being forced upon others and used the kids dress as an example.

I agree, Guru is a bit mental.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#33 : July 21, 2008, 03:56:19 PM

NO. The kid should not have shot the other kid period. Stop rationalizing the kid's criminal behavior.

well of course, that goes without saying.

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#34 : July 21, 2008, 03:57:21 PM

So your saying you should allow someone who is different to openly express his views onto other children just because hes different and make those kids have to feel uncomfortable rather then just dealing with the kid in itself.

If we look at whats best for the largest population (the "normal" kids) this would have been advoided only if the kid didnt have to express his feelings towards other children. He got himself into something he couldnt handle and unfortunately he paid the ultimate price for being himself.

The very idea that  the kid lied about his own father beating him shows where this kid was just desperately seeking attention for himself and he got it........a little too much attention.

This is just something you should watch for if you have children.

Whats better as a parent?

Letting your children express themself freely and openly towards you and others in public?

or

Controlling what they do in fear of something serious that could happen like Larry King?

Being this board not an overly liberal state I would guess most parents would not allow this kind of behavior out of their children.

Aye, So we cut Clifton Smith?!?!

Set Course for Tampa Bay! Its time we make Bruce Allen a member of Davy Jones Locker!

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#35 : July 21, 2008, 04:00:55 PM

Olaf, Im not rationalizing any behavior that Brandon did. I am simply suggesting that if uniforms which were in place that this behavior could have been advoided somewhat and had kept Larry alive today perhaps. It all comes back to haunt Brandon because he took a life from a kid for being what he was. But should people have to deal with someone who just constantly puts themself in other peoples way and annoy them? No. Im not saying you have to kill someone to get them away but wearing that type of clothing in school is just not needed. You are not at school to express your individuality, you are there to learn.

Set Course for Tampa Bay! Its time we make Bruce Allen a member of Davy Jones Locker!

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#36 : July 21, 2008, 04:24:09 PM

There doesn't have to be because it is a distraction from learning. Dressing in drag can't be allowed in school, it's a costume and should be banned like any other costume. I don't care about guys in drag or gays, they can do what they want but school is for learning.

to say that wearing girls clothes to school doesn't effect those around him is absolutely freaking stupidity!

Most schools have a dress code, no sexually inappropriate t-shirts, no beer or alcohol t-shirts, no drug related t-shirts, no gang related clothing, girls have to wear clothes that cover their privates (though this one is pushed to the limit because male teachers are afraid to say anything for fear of sexual harrassment charges), no chains attached to jeans, etc., etc,...

Part of the reason for these dress codes is because they distract others from learning.  That and obvious safety reasons in some cases (chains)...

I would think that a 15 year old male coming to school, prancing around like a little fairey would be a definate distraction, and a distraction the school itself should have put a stop to a long damn time ago.

It comes back to parenting imo...  Doesn't matter if the Dad worked 2 hours away, he should never have allowed his son to behave this way, gay or not, those behaviors are just not right in a school setting...

MBF

Hall of Famer

#37 : July 21, 2008, 04:26:21 PM

to say that wearing girls clothes to school doesn't effect those around him is absolutely freaking stupidity!

Most schools have a dress code, no sexually inappropriate t-shirts, no beer or alcohol t-shirts, no drug related t-shirts, no gang related clothing, girls have to wear clothes that cover their privates (though this one is pushed to the limit because male teachers are afraid to say anything for fear of sexual harrassment charges), no chains attached to jeans, etc., etc,...

Part of the reason for these dress codes is because they distract others from learning.  That and obvious safety reasons in some cases (chains)...

I would think that a 15 year old male coming to school, prancing around like a little fairey would be a definate distraction, and a distraction the school itself should have put a stop to a long damn time ago.

It comes back to parenting imo...  Doesn't matter if the Dad worked 2 hours away, he should never have allowed his son to behave this way, gay or not, those behaviors are just not right in a school setting...
You might want to read his post again.

Preaching to the choir, Turbo.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#38 : July 21, 2008, 04:26:48 PM

Of course you're all ignoring the fact that Larry's clothes were not the reason that Brandon snapped.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#39 : July 21, 2008, 04:27:20 PM

This is just another case for why children should be forced to wear a school uniform to prevent these types of incidents from occuring again. If the kid didnt have to chance to express himself by what he was wearing then maybe this behavior could have been deterred from causing an uprising by the other students (Brandon.)

amazingly, I agree...

I'm not a big supporter of ACTUAL uniforms, but having the students dress in plain shirts with no writing and jeans or some other type of pants makes a lot of sense.  I would have nothing against ACTUAL uniforms though either.

If the kids want to express themselves, they can do it the other 16 hours a day away from school.

Sometimes, allowing students to express their individualism is a very bad thing, especially if the parnents are the ones buying and letting them wear such inappropriate clothing to school.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#40 : July 21, 2008, 04:29:31 PM

Put Larry in a uniform and I think this still would have happened.

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#41 : July 21, 2008, 04:29:40 PM

Of course you're all ignoring the fact that Larry's clothes were not the reason that Brandon snapped.

We honestly wont know....the main reason was the little incident on Valentines day, but you cant tell me having a guy dressed up like a girl and asks you to be his valentine wouldnt bother anyone just a tad.

Turbo, for the record, it was Brandon's father who worked 2 hours away.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#42 : July 21, 2008, 04:30:37 PM

Uniform wouldn't make a difference.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#43 : July 21, 2008, 04:30:43 PM

Shhh, they're on a roll ....

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#44 : July 21, 2008, 04:31:14 PM

Dress him in a uniform and he still asks the kid to be his valentine. So you think Brandon would have
been less threatened if Larry was dressed in a uniform?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gay Pride kills Young Kid « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools