Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A glimpse into Bowden's Future « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#30 : July 25, 2008, 06:06:19 PM

BBB - so you are admitting you know nothing and just guessing?

Educated guess ..... You don't think all coaches throw SOME bs out to recruits?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#31 : July 25, 2008, 06:19:46 PM

realistically, you are probably right.  i guess it all depends on what kind of b.s. we are talking about, leading a player on maybe vs lying.  so let me restate, i havent heard any claims of meyer lying to recruits.  if runole can back that up id be impressed.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#32 : July 25, 2008, 06:41:35 PM

C'mon Runole, part of the problem is you are trying to have a conversation with a bunch of crocs.  The only phrases they know are "go gators" and "superman wears Tebow" whatever.  Who cares what they have done vs FSU the past four years, who cares that they won a National Championship.  They win what every ten years and they act like they own the place.  Put up the consistency FSU put up prior to this recent set-back.  You arrogant red necks act like you are all that although last time I checked you lost to Auburn, you lost to LSU, you lost to Georgia, you got PUNKED by Georgia and you got beat by a sorry Michigan team after your so-called "great" team that beat an overrated Ohio State team.  Gloat while you can as at FSU we put up consistent numbers while you guys are like a turtle that pokes his head out every ten years.  Mark my words Florida will NOT win a National Championship this year, next year or any year in the near future.  Urban Meyer will leave you just as your boy Superior did as Florida is a stepping stone - let me clarify for all the red necks - y'all in't gettin in dun!!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#33 : July 25, 2008, 06:58:02 PM

Who cares what they have done vs FSU the past four years, who cares that they won a National Championship.

LMAO.  That's funny right there.

Put up the consistency FSU put up

2005:  8-5
2006:  7-6
2007:  7-6

I gotta give it to you, that's as consistent as it gets.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#34 : July 25, 2008, 07:00:19 PM

id like to think you were joking, but i dont think you were. 

fsu HAD consistency...but its gone.  and your coach doesnt even think he can bring consistency back.  consistency TODAY is UF beating fsu for the last 1/2 decade.  do you really want to compare the teams UF lost to last year with the schools fsu was beaten by?  ill put up lsu, georgia, auburn and mich against clemson, wake, miami, vt, and kentucky.

my favorite line though - "who cares that UF has beaten fsu the past four years?" hahahhahahahahhahahaha.  seriously.  hahahahhahhahahaha.  might as well say, who cares about college football and rivalries?!?!?!

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#35 : July 26, 2008, 01:39:37 PM

Just like a typical bunch of crocs - you ignore the total aspect of things and only pick out what is important to you.  You want to call yourself a "dynasty" or "titletown" yet you have not accomplished JACK.  Any team can win once every ten years - a true dynasty is one that wins year in and year out and who cares if it was in the 90's - at least WE DID IT.  Again let me make it clear we as FSU could care less about FU as until you step into our level you will and always will be out little biatches.  I respect Miami a lot more than FU as at least they can be in the same discussion with us as a dynasty.  Please just try to be in the top 5 more than 2 years, so now crawl back in your hole and come back out in ten years.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#36 : July 27, 2008, 09:14:15 AM

Just like a typical bunch of crocs - you ignore the total aspect of things and only pick out what is important to you. You want to call yourself a "dynasty" or "titletown" yet you have not accomplished JACK.

note to self: national championships mean JACK.  check.

Any team can win once every ten years - a true dynasty is one that wins year in and year out and who cares if it was in the 90's - at least WE DID IT.

here's where we get on runole.  fsu WAS great.  set many records that will NEVER be broken.  and if you want to live in the past, fine.  but guess what?  they are still playing games for a reason.

Again let me make it clear we as FSU could care less about FU as until you step into our level you will and always will be out little biatches.

if you are really going to make it clear, its "couldnt" care less.  unless of course you are stating you care.  and right now (i know i know, y'all have a great 90's), but right now fsu's level is 7-6.  excuse a Gator fan for not wanting to step to that level.  and how can you seriously call someone a biatch that you havent beaten in 5 years?

I respect Miami a lot more than FU as at least they can be in the same discussion with us as a dynasty.

miami is head and shoulders above both in terms of dynasty.

Please just try to be in the top 5 more than 2 years, so now crawl back in your hole and come back out in ten years.

funny, beating fsu really takes the sting out of not being top 5.  but i guess thats what happens when you beat a dynasty year in and year out.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#37 : July 27, 2008, 09:34:58 AM

Since the topic is looking at Bowden's future how about 18 oral commitments already and it is not even AUGUST?

Now of course oral commitments aren't binding but it does show that the new staff that Bobby has put into place are projecting the same high character and integrity that Bobby has always had and the recruits are definitely seeing it!!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#38 : July 27, 2008, 10:25:27 AM

Since the topic is looking at Bowden's future how about 18 oral commitments already and it is not even AUGUST?

I remember them getting a lot of early commits last year as well.  It didn't turn out to be that big of a deal with a #9 ranked recruiting class.

When you can beat the Gators in anything in football, you let me know.

*Edited for those Seminole fans who do not understand this is a College FOOTBALL board.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#39 : July 27, 2008, 11:16:34 AM

When you can beat the Gators in anything, you let me know.

Track.   ;D

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#40 : July 27, 2008, 12:37:10 PM

Baseball, Track and didn't we beat you at basketball this year as well - short memory?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#41 : July 27, 2008, 01:22:51 PM

Baseball, Track and didn't we beat you at basketball this year as well - short memory?

What's wrong with you Seminole fans that you can't recognize that this is a College FOOTBALL board?  I understand why you would want to take all discussion off of the football team that you put on the field, but this is getting ridiculous.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#42 : July 27, 2008, 03:48:38 PM

Now of course oral commitments aren't binding but it does show that the new staff that Bobby has put into place are projecting the same high character and integrity that Bobby has always had and the recruits are definitely seeing it!!

and how does it show this?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#43 : July 27, 2008, 03:49:39 PM

as for the 18 early oral commits...are any of them stud OL?  because without those the rest doesnt matter.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#44 : July 27, 2008, 05:45:01 PM

What's wrong with you Seminole fans that you can't recognize that this is a College FOOTBALL board? I understand why you would want to take all discussion off of the football team that you put on the field, but this is getting ridiculous.

in all fairness you did say "anything"
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A glimpse into Bowden's Future « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools