Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A glimpse into Bowden's Future « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #75 : August 14, 2008, 01:51:51 PM »

The recruiting for 2009 is looking good.......and as far as I'm concerned, Bobby can stay for as long as he likes.  I don't care if it hurts the team for a few more years.  The man MADE Florida State football.  I know that some FSU fans don't agree with that take, but that's how I feel about it.

FSU's recruiting ALWAYS looks good.  Its what they do with the talent afterward.   They squander it. 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #76 : August 14, 2008, 02:00:19 PM »

The recruiting for 2009 is looking good.......

That's what everybody was saying about their class last year.  While it turned out to be top-ten, it wasn't near as good as everyone thought it was going to be.

The recruiting numbers haven't been bad except for '03 and '07, where they ranked 21 each year.  Something has been lacking between when the talent gets there to what has been put on the field.

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #77 : August 14, 2008, 02:40:31 PM »

Rankings mean little in recruiting  SEE   MIAMI during all their championship runs

The key to FSU's recruiting will be how the offensive line matures under the coaching of Trickett.  Second with Jimbo solely in charge of the offense it is most important for him to achieve an "identity" for the FSU offense.  They must be able to run the ball consistently. Everything else will fall into place if that happens.  I like what I have been hearing about the Tampa kid Carlton Jones.  Looks like he could be really special.  FSU will depend on an abnormal amount of RS and True Freshman this year so I expect some growing pains.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #78 : August 14, 2008, 03:23:11 PM »

FSU will depend on an abnormal amount of RS and True Freshman this year so I expect some growing pains.

seems that fsu has definitely taken over the mantra, "wait til next year"

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

gatorgirl!

Starter

« #79 : August 14, 2008, 05:45:06 PM »

Being a FSU fan is pretty rough at the moment. But I hammered plenty of UF fans during the 90's so I guess its time to receive. And I'll throw out a little prediction you Gator fans will like. FSU will finish 6-6 in 2008 and will not qualify for a bowl due to 2 of their wins being over Div I-AA cupcakes.

I don't want FSU to struggle. It's better for UF if FSU is strong.

Do you think Bobby is hurting the team by staying on?
Bobby isn't hurting the team. He's just a figure at this point.....and he can still recruit. Those parents love them so Bobby.
It's not like he's making any play calls. The guy can't even remember what happened the last series. I love the old man, but he has no idea what the hell is going on anymore.

The man does sum up FSU football, he gave you the program we all feared in the 90's. I'm just beginning to wonder if keeping him HC is a big mistake for the program? I understand nobody wants to fire the legend, or "ask" him to retire...but there's got to be something that can be done to give Jimbo the program and the HC title. What about creating an honorary position for Bowden on the sidelines? haha. At least Jimbo can run the team without deferring to Bowden for anything, be it big or small.

P.S. I'm glad to see the conversation revolves around football again.

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #80 : August 15, 2008, 11:56:05 PM »

And people say Bowden has lost it?  Ask Saban what he thinks!  The old man still has it! 

Expect the wrath of Freak!!
  Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A glimpse into Bowden's Future « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools