Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pewter Report Regulars! Non-Pewter Insiders! No Favre here... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#15 : July 24, 2008, 01:24:28 PM

i've noticed some new people on the pewter insider boards... but not enough...
With groundbreaking discussion like 'Favre to Tampa is a joke', you wonder why?

LOL - there is a lot more than that MBF - but there is no rush - just know that frequently Insiders know about situations that are occuring and can't give the reasons on the Red Board... it happens to me frequently

yep.. people here on the red board have certain opinions.. that if they knew what was really going on, their opinion would change.

an example is... more PI subscribers supported the signing of jerramy stevens.. while the non PI's were totally against it.

us PI's couldnt make that good of an argument due to the fact that we didnt want to divulge what we know, and the other person didnt.

thats why i stay on the PI board.. much better discussion, more educated discussion.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 24, 2008, 01:27:03 PM

I didn't mind the Stevens signing and I'm not a PI so that disproves that theory.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : July 24, 2008, 01:27:56 PM

I didn't mind the Stevens signing and I'm not a PI so that disproves that theory.
That is just bc you are so exceptional MBF... not many are... ;D

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#18 : July 24, 2008, 01:33:54 PM

i didnt say all non pi's thought it was bad... but the vast majority.

and i didnt say all the PI's liked the signing.. just the vast majority.

there are always exceptions.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 24, 2008, 01:35:34 PM

That is just bc you are so exceptional MBF... not many are... ;D
I know right.

We all dream a messege board full of posters like me. :P

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 24, 2008, 01:46:28 PM

No way will I pay 20 bucks to "get" to see news. lol

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#21 : July 24, 2008, 01:50:26 PM

No way will I pay 20 bucks to "get" to see news. lol

huh?

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#22 : July 24, 2008, 02:21:23 PM

that is a great price, however, I really enjoy the magazine, but it reaches me about a month late...

I WAS a subscriber, but not anymore.

I refuse to pay extra money to have the mag delivered sooner, I just can't comprehend why the mag takes a month to get to me when I can send a letter in the mail, across the country, and it gets there in 3-4 days max.

The Duemig thing really turned me offf as well...

I do miss the insider board, but it all gets rehashed into the red board eventually, so like the mag that gets to me a month late, I can wait an extra day or 2 for the info. to make it to the red board.

You guys who think the conversation is soooooo much better on the insider board are stretching the truth a bit imo.  The red board, though it has it's share of numbskulls, has plenty of good bucs converstaion, you just have to know who to read, and who to ignore.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#23 : July 24, 2008, 02:27:28 PM

that is a great price, however, I really enjoy the magazine, but it reaches me about a month late...

I refuse to pay extra money to have the mag delivered sooner, I just can't comprehend why the mag takes a month to get to me when I can send a letter in the mail, across the country, and it gets there in 3-4 days max.

I do miss the insider board, but it all gets rehashed into the red board eventually, so like the mag that gets to me a month late, I can wait an extra day or 2 for the info. to make it to the red board.

You guys who think the conversation is soooooo much better on the insider board are stretching the truth a bit imo.  The red board, though it has it's share of numbskulls, has plenty of good bucs converstaion, you just have to know who to read, and who to ignore.

you do understand that its not their fault that the postal service sucks?

and who cares about duemig?

i hardly ever see anything "rehashed" into the red board.  maybe a little bit of info, but not the good stuff.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 24, 2008, 03:29:53 PM

You guys who think the conversation is soooooo much better on the insider board are stretching the truth a bit imo. The red board, though it has it's share of numbskulls, has plenty of good bucs converstaion, you just have to know who to read, and who to ignore.

you do understand that its not their fault that the postal service sucks?

and who cares about duemig?

i hardly ever see anything "rehashed" into the red board. maybe a little bit of info, but not the good stuff.

well, my point was, if I can send out a letter across the country, and it reaches it's destination in 4 days, why in God's name do I have to wait for my bucs mag for a month, sometimes more?

are you saying that the postal service only sucks when it comes to delivering my magazine?

#25 : July 24, 2008, 03:46:53 PM

The delay on the mag is a legit issue, it's not just the post office, if it was other mags would have the same problem.

Discussion is definitely superior for the most part.  I'd say almost half the people on the red board know relatively little about football in general, and of the half that does know something, a great portion of them get all their info from the local hacks, which necessarily taints their views.

Not everything that PR brings is unattainable elsewhere, but some of it is.  TC details and analysis that you don't get anywhere else, some insight into the thoughts of the coaches and players that don't get reported locally unless they can be spun negatively, some breaking stuff before the rags get it, and a generally non-spiteful attitude toward the team are some of the things they do that are unique.

I don't get the "I won't pay 20 to get to see news".  Do you think your newspaper is free?  Do you pay for internet access and use it to stay informed?  Does your television run on fairy dust and little cable gnomes?  I could understand "I don't care enough about the team to pay to get some extra access to info on them", but to state you won't pay for news is kinda silly.  JMHO....

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 24, 2008, 03:51:17 PM

The problem shipping the mag has to be because of postal rates. PR charges extra for 1st class correct? They must be using some kind of bulk mail. My guess is the cheapest out there. I view the mag in pdf most all of the time. The physical mag is just a bathroom book for me.

#27 : July 24, 2008, 03:53:17 PM

Oh, and did I mention Training camp diaries as well??

lol

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#28 : July 24, 2008, 05:01:15 PM

Dbuc,

Think you meant Kim. Jenna was the video person before she left.

Yea I did, Freudian slip?  LOL

SBF is right about the product - and doobie - certainly understand you thoughts - just know you are missing a lot of insight.

Maybe a little.......................most I am missing is someone's opion!
That someone I was pleased with.Until they compromised !
I do sometimes miss the insider stuff,but I am surviving without it!
Just cant compromise my honor!

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#29 : July 24, 2008, 05:08:32 PM

Dbuc,

Think you meant Kim. Jenna was the video person before she left.

Yea I did, Freudian slip?  LOL

SBF is right about the product - and doobie - certainly understand you thoughts - just know you are missing a lot of insight.

Maybe a little.......................most I am missing is someone's opion!
That someone I was pleased with.Until they compromised !
I do sometimes miss the insider stuff,but I am surviving without it!
Just cant compromise my honor!

so you have a bias?

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pewter Report Regulars! Non-Pewter Insiders! No Favre here... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools