Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pewter Report Regulars! Non-Pewter Insiders! No Favre here... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#30 : July 24, 2008, 05:24:08 PM

and trust me.. it is worth it for 40 $ i paid

I paid $20 before the draft, and I got ripped off

I have been an insider for a few years, and to be honest I probably only read 1/2 of the insider content. There really isnt much here, that I dont get elsewhere. Most of it is JF and SR giving their opinions, or making articles about things like what QBs will be FAs next year, who has the highest salary on the team, yada yada not much in the way of inside info. Even the Fab 5s are usually just filler content and things that dont really interest me. I rarely ever read the Flynns Focus

btw I love the level of analysis I get from here. Every otehr media source in the area is corrupt or has a backwards way of doing things. That being said, I still get very little out of this site.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 24, 2008, 05:33:28 PM

I don't get the "I won't pay 20 to get to see news".  Do you think your newspaper is free?  Do you pay for internet access and use it to stay informed?  Does your television run on fairy dust and little cable gnomes?  I could understand "I don't care enough about the team to pay to get some extra access to info on them", but to state you won't pay for news is kinda silly.  JMHO....

Exactly.  I laugh at the people who bash PR subscribers for "paying" for news.  We're not paying for "news" like who the Bucs sign or if someone gets injured.  

Its for articles like Flynn's Focus, SR's Fab Five, etc.   Its for insight that the local rags are do lazy to do.  Sure, sometimes the articles have opinion in them but most are very objective and report facts.    

The reports from Mini-camps and Training Camp ALONE are worth the price of a subscription.  Before PR, I had no idea what was going on in TC.  The local rags just glaze over it like most casual fans do.  The season officially starts Saturday for me... That's when the reports from TC come rolling in.

#32 : July 24, 2008, 05:40:14 PM

Its not all opinions, but its not all content worth paying for. Actually Id say it rarely is.

Last year I read zero of the player diaries, the reports for camp are one of the best parts of being an insider though. Im a Gruden apologist who hates all the other sports meduia around here BUT PR, yet I dont plan on renewing my membership again. Just not much here worth paying for

Snook

Hall of Famer

#33 : July 24, 2008, 05:45:20 PM

Its not all opinions, but its not all content worth paying for. Actually Id say it rarely is.

Last year I read zero of the player diaries, the reports for camp are one of the best parts of being an insider though. Im a Gruden apologist who hates all the other sports meduia around here BUT PR, yet I dont plan on renewing my membership again. Just not much here worth paying for

That's interesting, ronde.  I, on the other hand, don't ever plan on not renewing.  Like I said, the TC reports for two weeks a year are well worth

I live in Atlanta so the only Bucs news I get is the watered down, negative trash on the Tampa papers websites and the 30 seconds a year they mention the Bucs on ESPN. 

Other than PR, I've been unable to find good, solid, in depth Bucs information.

#34 : July 24, 2008, 05:54:38 PM

If I lieved outside of Tampa, being an insider might be a little more essential. Ive been a member since 2004, and since I got in on the $20 offer 3-4 montsh ago Ive probably only read a handful of articles

Snook

Hall of Famer

#35 : July 24, 2008, 05:56:02 PM

If I lieved outside of Tampa, being an insider might be a little more essential. Ive been a member since 2004, and since I got in on the $20 offer 3-4 montsh ago Ive probably only read a handful of articles

Just out of curiosity, where do you get Bucs news from living in Tampa? 

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#36 : July 24, 2008, 06:16:33 PM

Man - I am in Tampa and there is no place, no mag, no newspaper, no radio or tv coverage that has 1/2 of what PR regularly puts out.  That is why Scott and Jim are on radio and TV so regularly.  Folks know PR knows what the bucc is happening.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#37 : July 24, 2008, 06:22:36 PM

Sorry you feel ripped off Ronde.  $40 is a bit much for any mag, but it's not that much.  $20 is less than I spend on beer every night (I like the imports), so all in all I guess I don't see it as much at all.  Hell I pay $15 a MONTH just to play WoW.  Some bathroom reading, and at least one place I can go to talk about the Bucs without having to apply the manual ignore feature to filter out the trolls and mindless haters that populate the TBBBB and make frequent appearances on the red board is well worth it to me...

#38 : July 24, 2008, 06:26:24 PM

I view the mag in pdf most all of the time. The physical mag is just a bathroom book for me.

I end up giving my mag away every month because by the time i receive it, its old news.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#39 : July 24, 2008, 06:30:13 PM

I end up giving my mag away every month because by the time i receive it, its old news.

True.  But in today's internet world, anything printed like newspapers or magazines is "old news" in a short amount of time.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#40 : July 24, 2008, 07:15:32 PM

I view the mag in pdf most all of the time. The physical mag is just a bathroom book for me.

That is because you are kept up to date as an Insider isn't it?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#41 : July 24, 2008, 07:43:42 PM

I will miss the camp stuff no doubt.
Sometimes principles are a pain!
Hope chev does his usual awesome job of camp reporting!

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pewter Report Regulars! Non-Pewter Insiders! No Favre here... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools