Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The OFFICIAL bring BONDS to Tampa. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#15 : July 26, 2008, 05:40:15 PM

LOL

Wait Turbo, I got one 110% better than those... just give me a second...

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#16 : July 26, 2008, 05:44:47 PM

Bonds' Rookie Card...

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 26, 2008, 05:52:10 PM

Trade for Mark Tex, move Pena to DH.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 26, 2008, 06:09:14 PM

Wait you really mean this?

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 26, 2008, 07:07:38 PM

Bonds = Poop

Thanks for the input.

because "Fook Favre, Bring me the biggest P.R. problem in baseball history" is GREAT input.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 26, 2008, 07:09:35 PM

Bonds really is not worth the headache, especially for a young up and coming team like Tampa Bay.

You're better off without him IMO.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#21 : July 26, 2008, 08:55:44 PM

Yea and his .400 OBP over the recent years is bad too...

He has no arm for RF, which according to you is the most improtant feature for us to be looking for at the present time.

Hey dumbass, if you're gonna continue to take shots at me than please atleast read my posts better and have an understanding of my position on the subjects.

See...

Yea, not sure about this move, however, it can't get ANY FREAKING WORSE than Cliff Floyd at DH. I mean, that's downright worthless there.

Bonds would instantly be the #3-#4 hitter and would likely reach base at his usual .400+ clip.

What is the downside? Media? Come on, the Rays can win with anyone at DH besides Cliff Floyd.

Meaning, Bonds would replace Floyd as the DH.

And when guys like Holliday, Bay, adn Nady were mentioned to help us at the plate and in RF for the playoff run, you're argument was they had no arm out there so we should go after the .230 hitting "Frenchy" because he has a hose for RF.

You keep trying, but since you don't know what you are talking about you eventually contradict yourself.  Carry on.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#22 : July 26, 2008, 08:58:05 PM

Trade for Mark Tex, move Pena to DH.

I wouldn't have a problem with this except for the fact that you would have to do something with Floyd and it still wouldn't solve our problem with a RH bat in RF.   Gomes hasn't even been close to cutting it.

More improtantly, if we weren't willing to give up enought ot get Blake or Nady, then I doubt we're going to part with anything that would bring Texeira.  Unfortunately.

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#23 : July 27, 2008, 10:32:04 AM

Yea and his .400 OBP over the recent years is bad too...

He has no arm for RF, which according to you is the most improtant feature for us to be looking for at the present time.

Hey dumbass, if you're gonna continue to take shots at me than please atleast read my posts better and have an understanding of my position on the subjects.

See...

Yea, not sure about this move, however, it can't get ANY FREAKING WORSE than Cliff Floyd at DH. I mean, that's downright worthless there.

Bonds would instantly be the #3-#4 hitter and would likely reach base at his usual .400+ clip.

What is the downside? Media? Come on, the Rays can win with anyone at DH besides Cliff Floyd.

Meaning, Bonds would replace Floyd as the DH.

And when guys like Holliday, Bay, adn Nady were mentioned to help us at the plate and in RF for the playoff run, you're argument was they had no arm out there so we should go after the .230 hitting "Frenchy" because he has a hose for RF.

You keep trying, but since you don't know what you are talking about you eventually contradict yourself. Carry on.

Again, you keep taking these  swings at me but they're about as damaging as a dove flying into a bullet proof window.

You're a fu(king clown Olaf.

#24 : July 27, 2008, 10:43:35 AM

You're a **CENSORED**ing clown Olaf.

The last ban didn't teach you anything, did it?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#25 : July 27, 2008, 10:53:02 AM

You're a freaking clown Olaf.

The last ban didn't teach you anything, did it?

He apparently did not utilize his time wisely and gather knowledge about the Rays or MLB in general.   ;D
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The OFFICIAL bring BONDS to Tampa. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools