Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The light at the end of the tunnel « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#45 : July 26, 2008, 07:46:35 AM

With McCain there is no hope of any change. There is nothing different. He's just an older more intelligent version of George Bush. If we elect him, the world community will view that as an approval and continuation of the disastrous policies of the past 8 years. We need to change that perception while we can. What better way to do that than to replace the standard old white guy with a young black man named Obama. They elected who?

That is one change even those of you with your Republican Agenda can't deny. America needs an image makeover, not just for the world. Our young people need some sense of at least a chance to REALLY make a difference. They need to be inspired to become involved to address the issues that have been ignored by the Bush administration. China has declared an economic war on America and won. Our military force has been stretched to a point where we just simply meet every need. Basic education has been neglected (That should be obvious to anyone. Just look at some of the nonsense posted on these boards). Higher education has become impossibly expensive. Only the very wealthy can comfortably afford it. Same thing with health care. Solar and wind power systems are too expensive for most families and local governments believe their primary function is to prevent homeowners from making improvements on their property. We are exporting whole industries along with the jobs. Ecology is a dirty joke. Our criminal justice system is overloaded. These will always be these issues. There will never be one single final solution. Obama will inspire others to try to make a difference simply because he is not the standard run-of-the-mill old white guy.

John McCain can't do that because he IS the standard run-of-the-mill OLD, old white guy. I'm not quite as old as him, but I am old. I am white. I am a guy. I'd like a change before I'm just an old dead guy.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#46 : July 27, 2008, 06:13:23 AM

I find McCain annoying, petty, unable to be spontaneous, conniving, and divisive. He's reminds me of every old, unhappy person I've ever met.  He reminds me of Dana Carvey's grumpy old man....I can't get over that.

#47 : July 27, 2008, 12:40:32 PM

With McCain there is no hope of any change. There is nothing different. He's just an older more intelligent version of George Bush. If we elect him, the world community will view that as an approval and continuation of the disastrous policies of the past 8 years. We need to change that perception while we can. What better way to do that than to replace the standard old white guy with a young black man named Obama. They elected who?

That is one change even those of you with your Republican Agenda can't deny. America needs an image makeover, not just for the world. Our young people need some sense of at least a chance to REALLY make a difference. They need to be inspired to become involved to address the issues that have been ignored by the Bush administration. China has declared an economic war on America and won. Our military force has been stretched to a point where we just simply meet every need. Basic education has been neglected (That should be obvious to anyone. Just look at some of the nonsense posted on these boards). Higher education has become impossibly expensive. Only the very wealthy can comfortably afford it. Same thing with health care. Solar and wind power systems are too expensive for most families and local governments believe their primary function is to prevent homeowners from making improvements on their property. We are exporting whole industries along with the jobs. Ecology is a dirty joke. Our criminal justice system is overloaded. These will always be these issues. There will never be one single final solution. Obama will inspire others to try to make a difference simply because he is not the standard run-of-the-mill old white guy.

John McCain can't do that because he IS the standard run-of-the-mill OLD, old white guy. I'm not quite as old as him, but I am old. I am white. I am a guy. I'd like a change before I'm just an old dead guy.

Wow, what a robotic post.  Good for you that you like Obama.  but all you have said is that "Obama is for change, change that we can believe in..." nonsense again, and yet we have really to hear what change he is exactly going to make?  "Clearly this is all Bush's fault" for where we are at today.  What silly banter we make these days, especially when your boy wonder Obama, has "changed" his stance on Iraq numerous times. Guess what, he is stuck now, because he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't with Iraq. 

Obama was openly against the war, which that in itself is fine, support or don't support the war that is his prerogative.  But what is interesting during the debates, he couldn't answer straight on a time frame for withdraw, first he isn't sure that he can do it before his first term, then two years, and now it is "progress is being made."  But because of all this he is stuck, because if what he and others have labeled as "Bush's folly" turns out to be a success, which it has been for the last year, he'll have to end up eating that crow.  Now reverse that, if Bush happens to not get it done, what then?  He [Obama] has already stated that he is going to have a hard time with the troops in Iraq, and he is only going to re-deploy them to another war zone.  Wow that is some change.

You cite that only the wealthy can afford higher education and health care?  Well, by your logic I'm a wealthy man then... again this is silly.  You would have anybody who has ever made a bad choice in their lives be negated of it all for the expense to the rest of us.  Socializing these programs like your boy Obama wants to do is useless, because people will wait around dying for their chance at opportunities for health care and education.  Here are some bullet points to consider on these issues.

Healthcare:  Obama wants to socialize it, so you, I, and the rest of the country HAS to pay for it, even if they don't use it. In fact we already do pay for medicaid/medicare now, and look at the gem those programs have become in the fraud and corruption of claims they have produced.  Follow the signs of that to a blanket coverage for all the states, and you'll literally be taxed into the grave, while someone is laughing their cheating backside off at you for paying for their fraud.

Education:  There has been this little product called student loans that have helped many to a higher education.  IT is simply their fault if they can't afford to go to Ivy league schools.  Most jobs that these people would qualify for out of college don't even require an Ivy league school, better yet some now don't require more then an Associates'.  But if you made the mistake of paying too much for the school, even when you, I, and the rest of the nation KNOWS that you have a choice on where to go, then so be it, you should have to live that mistake through instead of a buy out from the US Gov't.

What is funny about you post as a whole, you blame Bush for it all, and claim that Obama will give us an image makeover like some "Queer-Eye for the Straight Guy" to the world and somehow this will erraticate all the world's problems that you and others like you blame Bush for.  And then in the same post you go on to resign to the issues of the world and claim that they'll always be there despite Obama's "change you can believe in,"  and subtly make statements that "we don't need unhappy, old white guys," but a "young black man."  If all you can look at is skin color, age, and not political policies and merits, then what would that make you?

Doesn't it also seem odd that someone that is still green around the ears in politics is now campaigning around the world?  Can YOU, honestly answer me what POLITICAL accomplishments has your boy Obama done in the US Senate since being elected??  Just being elected to the senate, and graduating from college doesn't count.  If Obama would stand on his convictions and not "change" his mind at the drop of a hat, then maybe I could listen to him, maybe even consider voting for him, but I will not vote for someone who constantly changes his mind, especially in the span of a few months.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#48 : July 28, 2008, 12:46:16 PM

Interesting points.  Unfortunately, the OP probably isn't returning to visit his thread.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The light at the end of the tunnel « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools