Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Salary Cap Update « previous next »
Page: 1 2

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: July 24, 2008, 01:15:41 PM

After finding contract numbers for Jeremy Zuttah, Marques Douglas and a few other lower tier players the team has roughly 24,525,208.00 million dollars of cap room. With first round pick Aqib Talib, second round pick Dexter Jackson and fifth round pick Josh Johnson still unsigned.

It is a safe bet to say the Buc GM Bruce Allen will use the LTBE loophole once again late in the season to roll over a huge chunk of money into next season cap by signing players late and adding in LTBE that will count towards the cap in 2008 but are not actually earned thus allowing the team to have a balloon cap from the roll over.

If Bruce handles his business the team could be well over 50 million in available space to start the free agency period in 2009.

Should the teams receiving corps not live up to expectations or produce the desired results the team is looking for in 2008 the team could target a few of the bigger names that could hit the open market.

Here are the contract details for Zuttah

(2008) $295,000
(2009) $385,000
(2010) $470,000
(2011) $555,000

$714,000 signing bonus

actual cap hit for each year is as follows
2008 - 473,500.00
2009 - 563,500.00
2010 - 648,500.00
2011 - 733,500.00

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

MBF

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 24, 2008, 01:28:06 PM

Thanks for the info yucc.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#2 : July 24, 2008, 01:29:09 PM

Great work yuccaneers!

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 24, 2008, 01:29:29 PM

"...roughly..."  LOL

Usually one would say 'roughly' if they said $24.5 mil... not nailing it down to and exact DOLLAR!  :)

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#4 : July 24, 2008, 01:30:32 PM

If they have 50 mill to spend - well shopping season should be a blast - assuming they are willing buyers and there is talent they want/need.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#5 : July 24, 2008, 01:39:47 PM

i dont know how you do it yucc!

great job as usual!

very interesting stuff.

bruce allen could possibly be the best GM.. Money-wise... in the league.

now that he has this money, and is getting more every year.. lets see what he can produce on the field.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#6 : July 24, 2008, 01:54:09 PM

Every time a player signs I search the internet for details and try to piece everything together, then I keep an excel spread sheet of it. I also have a copy of the current CBA(Collective Bargaining Agreement) as well as any amendments to it. Then is is all about math from that point and trying to understand the rules set fourth by the league.

While the information is only as accurate as what is being reported and as good as my math and understanding of the CBA they are always rough numbers, but I would say I am fairly close most of the time.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 24, 2008, 03:06:50 PM

Yea thanks for the info.

I sure do hope we sit on that 50 million dollars again. 

Snook

Hall of Famer

#8 : July 24, 2008, 03:11:48 PM

Yea thanks for the info.

Its better than hugely overpaying players from a weak free agent pool. 

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 24, 2008, 03:17:13 PM

Yea thanks for the info.

agreed. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#10 : July 24, 2008, 03:17:36 PM

Yea thanks for the info.

It could be argued Faine was overpaid. Overpaying players is only bad when it prevents you from paying other players. The Bucs are in a position where they can overpay a few players and have it not screw up the future.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#11 : July 24, 2008, 03:20:15 PM

As a prelude to the team signing second round pick Dexter Jackson after looking over some number for other second round picks I am going to go out on a limb and say Jackson will receive a signing bonus in the neighborhood of 1 million and 1.5 million with a cap hit of around for a four year deal.

2008 - 670,000.00
2009 - 760,000.00
2010 - 845,000.00
2011 - 930,000.00

Of course this is just an educated guess and Jackson has yet to agree to terms but based off of what the Broncos are paying Eddie Royal who was drafted a few picks ahead of Jackson and what the Eagles at paying Desean Jackson it is fairly safe to say he is going to be right there with what those players signed for.

Oliver Goldsmith

Snook

Hall of Famer

#12 : July 24, 2008, 03:21:06 PM

Yea thanks for the info.

It could be argued Faine was overpaid. Overpaying players is only bad when it prevents you from paying other players. The Bucs are in a position where they can overpay a few players and have it not screw up the future.

You're right.  But spending money just to spend it doesn't make any sense.  I'd rather the Bucs have a pocket full of cash ready in case some of their homegrown talent emerges.    Even though the Bucs have plenty of money, it just doesn't make sense to pay guys like Javon Walker the kind of money they got.  Whether it screws up the future or not really doesn't matter.  Its just plain stupid.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#13 : July 24, 2008, 03:25:14 PM

You're right.  But spending money just to spend it doesn't make any sense.  I'd rather the Bucs have a pocket full of cash ready in case some of their homegrown talent emerges.    Even though the Bucs have plenty of money, it just doesn't make sense to pay guys like Javon Walker the kind of money they got.  Whether it screws up the future or not really doesn't matter.  Its just plain stupid.
Walker would have been stupid. Of all the big money free agents, I think Asante Samuel was the only player who deserved what he signed for.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#14 : July 24, 2008, 04:06:38 PM

What is the "LTBE loophole" and why if it is so great, isn't everyone else using it?  And, if they are, wouldn't we just be one of a whole group of teams that are in the same boat?
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Salary Cap Update « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools