Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sporting News - Bucs ready to make it happen (Favre) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

: July 24, 2008, 02:46:53 PM

The Vikings, however, like the Ravens and Jets, no longer are a likely destination for Favre. The Buccaneers have emerged as the front-runner, ready to make it happen before the weekend.

http://today.sportingnews.com/sportingnewstoday/20080724/?pm=1&z=fh&pviewh=645&zin=175&u1=texterity&sub_id=hnYOUdfg6WoT&pg=13

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 24, 2008, 02:52:27 PM

is Favre ready to make it happen?  That is the question.

We all know if he plays this year its with the Bucs....but I say its more likely he stays retired....I'm not getting my hopes up like I so often do with this damn team...

MVP

Pro Bowler

#2 : July 24, 2008, 02:54:11 PM

The link doesn't work for me.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#3 : July 24, 2008, 02:54:41 PM

is Favre ready to make it happen? That is the question.

We all know if he plays this year its with the Bucs....but I say its more likely he stays retired....I'm not getting my hopes up like I so often do with this damn team...

exactly. It is farves decision. Pretty much has been from the start minus going to any team in the nfc north. I still think Buffalo would be a good fit for him too.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#4 : July 24, 2008, 02:55:46 PM

Buffalo isn't that good and they're in a division with an even Jets and a much better NE team.

I don't think Favre is looking to come back to get a shot at the wild card, at best.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#5 : July 24, 2008, 02:58:10 PM

Buffalo isn't that good and they're in a division with an even Jets and a much better NE team.

I don't think Favre is looking to come back to get a shot at the wild card, at best.

True but I dont think they are that bad. I just think they have been getting bad qb play. They actually dont have that bad a recievers and a good running game there. Its in the cold and the defense is solid. Prolly not a superbowl contender but I think with favre there they have a chance to go to the playoffs.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 24, 2008, 02:58:28 PM

exactly. It is farves decision. Pretty much has been from the start minus going to any team in the nfc north. I still think Buffalo would be a good fit for him too.

Yea but the AFC is tough.  You go to Buffalo and you won’t win the division which means you will have your first playoff game on the road.

You go to the NFC South, you have a legit shot to win your division and maybe even get a first round bye.

Any team in the AFC is tough when you have powerhouses in Indy, NE, SD, PITT, JAX, etc.
In the NFC, there is a different powerhouse every year.  Last year it was Dallas.  The year before it was Chicago.  The Giants proved that even if you go 10-6 you can win it in the NFC, where the Browns showed 10-6 in the AFC doesn’t even make the playoffs.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#7 : July 24, 2008, 03:01:00 PM

oh no doubt the best place for favre is tampa but does he want to play here in the hot climate. I have heard somethin about him wanting to be in cold weather again. Its all good for him down here though cause he is close to home, similar offense to what he is used to, familiar coach, great running game, great defense. Everything Favre needs to be successful. In the end he does he wants to do. Cant wait to see what happens.

ryder004

Second String

#8 : July 24, 2008, 03:22:02 PM

i hope this dont turn out like the jake plummer deal

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 24, 2008, 03:31:40 PM

does he want to come to a team with a below average WR corps?

If I were a QB, the bucs would NOT be on my go-to list, that is for sure...

HughC

Pro Bowler

#10 : July 24, 2008, 03:35:24 PM

If/when a trade happens, expect to see more of these for sale:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=150274611295

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 24, 2008, 03:36:04 PM

oh no doubt the best place for favre is tampa but does he want to play here in the hot climate. I have heard somethin about him wanting to be in cold weather again.

Don't believe that for a second. Watched the Packers at Bears game last year and it was freezing cold with a high wind whipping all over the place and Favre looked like he couldn't wait until that game was over. Even said as much after the game after he mailed it in and Pack got spanked. Said he'd never been so cold in his life and he hated every minute of it. This coming from a guy that plays in Green Bay! I think he's done with the cold.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#12 : July 24, 2008, 03:38:29 PM

Then again, I know I wouldn't be too excited going from one extreme to the other.

Practicing in August here might be just as bad as playing in GB in December, lol

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#13 : July 24, 2008, 03:39:00 PM

There are more Brett Favre fans than true Packer fans. My brother's a Packer fan, sadly, and has admitted such for years.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#14 : July 24, 2008, 03:39:29 PM

There are four parts to this whole Bucs ready to make it happen saga for Favre.
First Favre must formally submit the paper work to the league office
Second the Packers have to be willing to trade or release Favre and get what they feel is good compensation for doing so.
Third the Bucs or what ever team decides to trade for him has to be willing to give the Packers what the deem is fair compensation.
Fourth The Packers have to except that compensation.

So until Favre decides to submit the proper paperwork all of this is just idle speculation and nothing more then media hype for the player and the league to help jump start the 2008 season.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sporting News - Bucs ready to make it happen (Favre) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools