Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sporting News - Bucs ready to make it happen (Favre) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 24, 2008, 03:43:54 PM

Oh that ebay listing is priceless!!! LMAO! That is the best one yet. Those fans are really losing it up there.

#16 : July 24, 2008, 03:50:37 PM

There are four parts to this whole Bucs ready to make it happen saga for Favre.
First Favre must formally submit the paper work to the league office
Second the Packers have to be willing to trade or release Favre and get what they feel is good compensation for doing so.
Third the Bucs or what ever team decides to trade for him has to be willing to give the Packers what the deem is fair compensation.
Fourth The Packers have to except that compensation.

So until Favre decides to submit the proper paperwork all of this is just idle speculation and nothing more then media hype for the player and the league to help jump start the 2008 season.

you forgot:

Fifth, Favre has to agree to play for said team. 

escobar

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 24, 2008, 03:59:53 PM

I don't think Favre ever comes here and what a horrible situation Gruden & Allen have now created for our existing quarterbacks.

Interesting. Please provide a quote where either Gruden or Allen has stated they are trying to get Favre here. Or was your post just a lame attempt at bashing our FO because you miss Dungy? Let's roll with that.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#18 : July 24, 2008, 04:00:46 PM

Yeah, only our current QB's insecurities may have created a problem lol. The FO hasn't said a thing.

GB's FO on the other hand.. wow. haha.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 24, 2008, 04:03:45 PM

is Favre ready to make it happen?  That is the question.

We all know if he plays this year its with the Bucs....but I say its more likely he stays retired....I'm not getting my hopes up like I so often do with this damn team...

Favre wants to play here.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 24, 2008, 04:06:40 PM

SBF, do you have anything to back that up?  I didn’t hear anywhere that said Favre wants to play in Tampa.  I didn’t even see anywhere that said he wants to play in Minnesota for that matter either, but there is tampering at least going on there.

If you can back that up with a link, then I’d love to hear it because if Favre wants to play in Tampa that means two things
1)   He wants to play Football again so he will unretire
2)   He will be our starting QB

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 24, 2008, 04:11:32 PM

SBF, do you have anything to back that up?  I didn’t hear anywhere that said Favre wants to play in Tampa.  I didn’t even see anywhere that said he wants to play in Minnesota for that matter either, but there is tampering at least going on there.

If you can back that up with a link, then I’d love to hear it because if Favre wants to play in Tampa that means two things
1)   He wants to play Football again so he will unretire
2)   He will be our starting QB

Dont worry about a link.

just wait until hes a buc.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#22 : July 24, 2008, 04:14:18 PM

Ugh so basically you have no idea…

I’m still waiting for Jared Allen to be a Buc, as well as Asante Samuel, Lito Sheppard, and Lance Briggs.  Brett Favre isn’t going to play this year.  Don’t you think every reporter and their mother is out looking for info on this story and yet we keep seeing the same crap reported.  Favre doesn’t want to play anymore because his only option was Tampa Bay.  He rather stay retired.

Again, I hope I’m wrong and you are right, but this would be just too good to be true for us to add Favre.  Be content with Garcia, Griese, McCown, and Johnson.  Favre would make us arguably a Super Bowl team in the NFC.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#23 : July 24, 2008, 04:22:57 PM

I doubt that's the case because if so, Favre is a class A moron.

Absolutely and utterly stupid, he went out of his way to firebomb his reputation like it was Dresden.

The one thing worse than unretiring would be to now decide he'll stay retired.

That's like running into the pentagon and yelling TERRORIST ATTACK! then saying nevermind a few moments later.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

#24 : July 24, 2008, 04:23:40 PM

I don't think Favre ever comes here and what a horrible situation Gruden & Allen have now created for our existing quarterbacks.

*click*

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#25 : July 24, 2008, 04:27:38 PM

it would appear impossible magnacia....but remember this is Brett Favre we are dealing with who has more mixed emotions then a confused teenage girl going through puberty.

gump

Starter

#26 : July 24, 2008, 04:43:22 PM

There is certainly alot of "talk" on the internet that Favre does want to play for Gruden.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 24, 2008, 04:49:53 PM

again, gump, where do you see this?  I just see links and reports saying Tampa would be a good fit.  No where do I see it saying Favre wants to play for any team, Minny or Tampa.  It's all just speculation and no one actually has talked to Favre.

"My brothers uncle's cousins co-worker whos is friends with the governer's wife's sisters friend knows Brett Favre and says he wants to play for Tampa!"

Give me a link of this talk or a source and I will be happy.  Until then I wont get my hopes up.

gump

Starter

#28 : July 24, 2008, 05:01:24 PM

By "talk" I meant internet rumors....people claiming to have heard from a Favre friend that he and Gruden want it but have to sell Allen..etc.

I've seen it in several different places.  No quotes from anyone of note though.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 24, 2008, 05:11:40 PM

By "talk" I meant internet rumors....people claiming to have heard from a Favre friend that he and Gruden want it but have to sell Allen..etc.

Take out Favre's name and that could apply to about 300 other players in the NFL as well... ;)
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sporting News - Bucs ready to make it happen (Favre) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools