Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sporting News - Bucs ready to make it happen (Favre) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Snook

Hall of Famer

#30 : July 24, 2008, 05:19:36 PM

Can we move all the pipedream Favre threads off the Red Board and onto a new "Favre Board"?  This is getting ridiculous...

MBF

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 24, 2008, 05:31:38 PM

Favre "could be a Buccaneer by Sunday"

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#32 : July 24, 2008, 05:33:06 PM

Was just about to post that and try to link it like you did, lol...

The video does not live up to the headline...

Snook

Hall of Famer

#33 : July 24, 2008, 05:39:53 PM

As soon as he mentioned Bruce Allen "picking" Simms' brain as proof that the Bucs are trading for Favre, I closed the window.  What a horrible rumor to base your "report" off of. 

Thanks for the link, but I'm not buying. 

MBF

Hall of Famer

#34 : July 24, 2008, 05:40:34 PM

I'm just adding to the drama lol...I didn't even watch the video myself.

HughC

Pro Bowler

#35 : July 24, 2008, 08:48:46 PM

I don't think Favre ever comes here and what a horrible situation Gruden & Allen have now created for our existing quarterbacks.

Interesting. Please provide a quote where either Gruden or Allen has stated they are trying to get Favre here. Or was your post just a lame attempt at bashing our FO because you miss Dungy? Let's roll with that.

The Bucs can't say they are trying to get Favre, because Favre is still under contract with Green Bay.  That could be construed as tampering and cost the team a draft pick as well as a fine.

The FO could have publicly said "we are not interested, we are happy with Garcia and the backups", similar to what other teams have done.  The fact that the team has not done that sends a loud message to Garcia and the other quarterbacks.  If the FO is unable to make a deal for Favre, how will Garcia respond?  Will it motivate him to have an exceptional performance this season, or to have a mystery back ailment at the worst possible time?  Does Garcia still act like the team leader or does he sulk?  Does he become vindictive and spiteful?  Would the rest of the team still look at him as their leader, knowing the FO tried to replace him? 

TbayBucs

Pro Bowler

#36 : July 24, 2008, 08:54:41 PM

Ugh so basically you have no idea…

I’m still waiting for Jared Allen to be a Buc, as well as Asante Samuel, Lito Sheppard, and Lance Briggs. Brett Favre isn’t going to play this year. Don’t you think every reporter and their mother is out looking for info on this story and yet we keep seeing the same crap reported. Favre doesn’t want to play anymore because his only option was Tampa Bay. He rather stay retired.

Again, I hope I’m wrong and you are right, but this would be just too good to be true for us to add Favre. Be content with Garcia, Griese, McCown, and Johnson. Favre would make us arguably a Super Bowl team in the NFC.

You post the same crap over and over in every thread. Im still waiting for blah blah blah blah blah.  Your insight is no better than anyone else.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#37 : July 24, 2008, 10:40:14 PM

Ugh so basically you have no idea…

I’m still waiting for Jared Allen to be a Buc, as well as Asante Samuel, Lito Sheppard, and Lance Briggs. Brett Favre isn’t going to play this year. Don’t you think every reporter and their mother is out looking for info on this story and yet we keep seeing the same crap reported. Favre doesn’t want to play anymore because his only option was Tampa Bay. He rather stay retired.

Again, I hope I’m wrong and you are right, but this would be just too good to be true for us to add Favre. Be content with Garcia, Griese, McCown, and Johnson. Favre would make us arguably a Super Bowl team in the NFC.

You post the same crap over and over in every thread. Im still waiting for blah blah blah blah blah. Your insight is no better than anyone else.

Listen if this is your way of flirting, it isn't working...

#38 : July 25, 2008, 01:52:51 AM

LOL

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#39 : July 25, 2008, 08:22:26 AM

Last I heard/saw from Favre's own mouth on the whiny interviews on FOX .....if I decide to come back..... He hasn't said a further word to the media since and has filed no paperwork.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#40 : July 25, 2008, 09:35:19 AM

Anyone familiar with a fax machine can tell you it takes all of about 2 minutes to send in that paperwokr

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sporting News - Bucs ready to make it happen (Favre) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools