Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lets say we go offense with the first pick « previous next »
Page: 1 2

: December 18, 2006, 03:06:19 PM

Here is what should be there in the second round at DE

Adam Carriker- JR Nebraska
Very powerful run stopping versitile DE/DT

Victir Abiamiri-SR Notre Dame
Owned Winston Justice in 2005, super quick,
 fast enough to drop into coverage if needed
some say he is a LB on some defenses.

Ray Mcdonald-SR Florida
Has great range for a DE can play almost all
positions on the line. Huge upside however
has some injury issues or he would be a first
rounder

If you were to take a DE in round two who would you like to pick out of this bunch?

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 18, 2006, 03:11:51 PM

If we go offense with the first pick we have it better be Thomas...or else Ray Perkins is running the war room...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 18, 2006, 03:13:25 PM

Victir Abiamiri-SR Notre Dame is the guy I'd love to see at the top of R2 if we got QB or LOT. He's much more pass rusher than Carriker but if we were looking to fill Spires role then Carriker would be a great pick.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 18, 2006, 03:14:40 PM

Here is what should be there in the second round at DE

Adam Carriker- JR Nebraska
Very powerful run stopping versitile DE/DT

Victir Abiamiri-SR Notre Dame
Owned Winston Justice in 2005, super quick,
 fast enough to drop into coverage if needed
some say he is a LB on some defenses.

Ray Mcdonald-SR Florida
Has great range for a DE can play almost all
positions on the line. Huge upside however
has some injury issues or he would be a first
rounder

If you were to take a DE in round two who would you like to pick out of this bunch?

Of the 3, I would take Abiamiri (although I doubt he makes it to round 2).  Carriker hasn't impressed me this year, and he's not the dynamic playmaker we need at DE IMO.  I really like McDonald, and I think his motor would set a great example for our line.  But he doesn't get a lot of sacks, and has injury problems.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 18, 2006, 03:14:59 PM

If we go offense with the first pick we have it better be Thomas

WOW....is this the first sign that Anthony Davis will not be getting an invitation to Dancing With the Stars.   :P

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#5 : December 18, 2006, 03:16:02 PM

Thomas?  WHat about Tony Mandarich?  TOo risky Chev.

#6 : December 18, 2006, 03:17:19 PM

I love victor's speed. He is a bit undersized but if he can bulk up he could be a steal in the second round (if there was one)

Carriker may be the better all around pick because of his versatility. At 6'6 300+ can you go wrong?

Adams round one
Carriker round two

would be an EXCELLENT start to the draft

#7 : December 18, 2006, 03:20:02 PM

Of the 3, I would take Abiamiri (although I doubt he makes it to round 2).  Carriker hasn't impressed me this year, and he's not the dynamic playmaker we need at DE IMO.  I really like McDonald, and I think his motor would set a great example for our line.  But he doesn't get a lot of sacks, and has injury problems.

With the depth of talent in Round one Victor may drop. The good thing about having a high first round pick is you get a high 2,3,4,5,6,7. So you get a chance on first round talent that may have just slipped because of needs of other teams

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 18, 2006, 03:20:18 PM

If we go offense with the first pick we have it better be Thomas

WOW....is this the first sign that Anthony Davis will not be getting an invitation to Dancing With the Stars.   :P

Not at all.  But if it's going to be an offensive pick, I'm leaning to the understanding of the draft gurus on the board.  You guys say he's the "franchise" LOT then he's the only guy I see or feel warrants that.  I think the Bucs will go defense personally...especially having spent a one and a two on the oline last year...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#9 : December 18, 2006, 03:22:06 PM

I will go along with Thomas at 3 I have a STRONG feeling he will be there. Line him up with Leonard Davis (potential free agent sign) then OMG this line is going to be SOLID

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#10 : December 18, 2006, 03:30:57 PM

Abiamiri is a guy who I talked about early on. Personally, Whether we go offense or defense in the first round, if Abiamiri is still there I'd love to have him.

For instance, we may very well beat the Browns and fall out of Top 3 contention, BUT, if we were to walk away with Alan Brach and Victor Abiamiri, one and two that a great way to get our DL in shape fast!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 18, 2006, 03:31:44 PM

I will go along with Thomas at 3 I have a STRONG feeling he will be there. Line him up with Leonard Davis (potential free agent sign) then OMG this line is going to be SOLID

Let's hope it goes better than our last effort to double dip- Regan Upshaw and Marcus Jones <cringe>.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#12 : December 18, 2006, 03:40:08 PM

UGH dont remind me. Hopeully we will not go back down that road

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 18, 2006, 03:42:00 PM

If we drafted Thomas, would we need LD?

#14 : December 18, 2006, 03:43:42 PM

I Think Thomas may bee a tad bit better than Trueblood....it would be a good problem to have
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lets say we go offense with the first pick « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools