Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What does this year have to do with last year??? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#15 : October 10, 2006, 10:52:41 AM

Many people felt the defense's #1 ranking was misleading.
Very good point.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 10, 2006, 11:06:13 AM

Many people felt the defense's #1 ranking was misleading.

Especially considering one of our best defensive players was Caddy.  With him on the field all day eating up clock, teams were forced to go with the pass which plays into our zone scheme.  Also accounts for the dramatic improvement in rush D numbers.  If Caddy can build on his success from this weekend, I think it will definitely help the defense out.  However we definitely need to address the tackling issue.
And for those of you talking hindsight, there are many folks on this board who were screaming all offseason for the FO to address the defense, especially the UT spot.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 10, 2006, 11:07:40 AM

Would it help you to know, that...that is actually my piss you're looking at.

LOL!   No, doesn't help at all.   But it is funny.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#18 : October 10, 2006, 11:13:11 AM

wait until you see my next one.

BucsNBullsBaby

Second String

#19 : October 10, 2006, 11:18:08 AM

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda...  Lets be realistic.  I don't bring my car to my mechanic after a long trouble-free trip and say "Better overhaul it cause its got more miles on it now."    I change the oil in my car regularly and I expect it will get me down the road.  Now if I take it back on the road and it blows a head gasket 10 miles north on I-75, I still don't look at it and think I shoulda over-hauled it.  You don't fix what isn't broken.

The bucs brought back most of what all will admit was a good defense last year.  It didn't need overhauling in anyone's opinion.  Some routine maintenance, sure, but not wholesale changes.  However, now that its apparent that our 10-year run was the limit, well then hindsight is sure easy to use as an excuse to say "Told you so!"  

Me, I think Monte is the man and have faith that he will re-engineer the D to return it to glory.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#20 : October 10, 2006, 11:19:29 AM

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda...  Lets be realistic.  I don't bring my car to my mechanic after a long trouble-free trip and say "Better overhaul it cause its got more miles on it now."    I change the oil in my car regularly and I expect it will get me down the road.  Now if I take it back on the road and it blows a head gasket 10 miles north on I-75, I still don't look at it and think I shoulda over-hauled it.  You don't fix what isn't broken.

The bucs brought back most of what all will admit was a good defense last year.  It didn't need overhauling in anyone's opinion.  Some routine maintenance, sure, but not wholesale changes.  However, now that its apparent that our 10-year run was the limit, well then hindsight is sure easy to use as an excuse to say "Told you so!" 

Me, I think Monte is the man and have faith that he will re-engineer the D to return it to glory.
Dumb analogy!!!!!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#21 : October 10, 2006, 11:21:11 AM

If your goal was to be the best car on the road, and the other cars were getting better around you....then yah, you take your car to the mechanic after your long trouble free trip. Or I suppose you'd like us to think the car that won Sunday's NASCAR race will not be worked on this week?????

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 10, 2006, 11:23:28 AM

I just noticed the words "Organ Donors" in your sig.   Now THAT is funny!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#23 : October 10, 2006, 11:25:50 AM

I just noticed the words "Organ Donors" in your sig.   Not THAT is funny!
Why isn't that funny???

BucsNBullsBaby

Second String

#24 : October 10, 2006, 11:29:07 AM

Sorry you guys missed the point - Our car WAS the best on the road, therefore you don't mess it up too much.

However, you can be crabby because the D isn't playing playing well.  I certainly am.  But the fact is the Bucs had a good year last year and the feeling during the off-season was to build on that success, not blow-up and re-invent the schemes.  

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#25 : October 10, 2006, 11:39:00 AM

Sorry you guys missed the point - Our car WAS the best on the road, therefore you don't mess it up too much.

However, you can be crabby because the D isn't playing playing well.  I certainly am.  But the fact is the Bucs had a good year last year and the feeling during the off-season was to build on that success, not blow-up and re-invent the schemes. 

You don't reinvent schemes...you replace old parts with new ones if they are available. Rocky Bernard, Will Witherspoon are examples. Before you go and cry salary cap, other moves could have been made. So maybe you downgrade slightly at one psotion to strengthen 3 others...end result a stronger defense as a whole.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 10, 2006, 11:40:27 AM

Why isn't that funny???

Typo.  that was supposed to be "now", not "not".

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#27 : October 10, 2006, 12:16:01 PM

Come on now....the guy who kept asking us what part we didn't understand about the Buccs having the #1 defense has been on this morning, and has posted in other threads. Don't want to touch this one?

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#28 : October 12, 2006, 02:29:22 PM

So John Garvey...you must have read this thread what...20 times I'll bet? How about giving us one for old time sake......

"What part don't you understand. Our defense was #1 in the league last year! Thanks and a hat tip."

gone

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 12, 2006, 03:13:32 PM

Rut Roh, List man is namin' names
:O
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What does this year have to do with last year??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools