Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blaming the new defensive coaches is ludicrous « previous next »
Page: 1 2

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

« #15 : October 10, 2006, 04:05:03 PM »

What is ludicrous is that you had to start another thread instead of responding in the other defensive threads that were stared prior to yours.

Regardless, that is a mistake to overlook the coaching changes as a contributing factor for the decline in performance. Last year they maintained the #1 defensive ranking most of the season but this year the defense is out of the top ten. You honestly expect us to believe that one year in age difference is going to make that much of a difference.

There are a few different reasons why the defense has slipped in performance, I don’t think anyone can point to one specific reason why the decline but you best believe the coaching change is part of it.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #16 : October 10, 2006, 04:12:36 PM »

What is ludicrous is that you had to start another thread instead of responding in the other defensive threads that were stared prior to yours.

LMAO http://bbs.pewterreport.com/index.php?topic=429.0

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

« #17 : October 10, 2006, 04:18:15 PM »

Like I said...ludicrous

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #18 : October 10, 2006, 05:00:48 PM »

Like I said...ludicrous
Maybe you didn't see all the others before you posted yours? Touche'

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #19 : October 10, 2006, 06:12:45 PM »

Ludicrous is an entire defensive unit forgetting to wrap up,

and a d line forgetting it's role is to be disruptive and make some tackles/sacks,

and defensive coaches not recognizing the above and making changes,

and a head coach putting up with it,

and having it be so damned obvious to the rest of the world.

There will not be 10 returning starters on D next year if this doesn't get sorted out very damn quickly, nor will there be 8, or perhaps even 6.  What a load of crap.

PS And the bucs could have won two of their first 4, just a couple of plays away.  Now that is ludicrous.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

LynchPin

Rookie

« #20 : October 10, 2006, 11:15:51 PM »

Regardless, that is a mistake to overlook the coaching changes as a contributing factor for the decline in performance. Last year they maintained the #1 defensive ranking most of the season but this year the defense is out of the top ten. You honestly expect us to believe that one year in age difference is going to make that much of a difference.

There are a few different reasons why the defense has slipped in performance, I don’t think anyone can point to one specific reason why the decline but you best believe the coaching change is part of it.

I agree.  What else has changed on the defense since last year when they were #1?  Nothing.  They returned all their starters and the 3 key backups that rotate in (White, Wyms, Bolden).  Sure, all the veterans are another year old, and that is probably a contributing factor, but you don't go from #1 to #20 in one year just because you're one year old.  The only other thing that changed is the coaches.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
« #21 : October 10, 2006, 11:56:52 PM »

Blaming the new coaches is an easy escape for those fans that hold NFL players in such high regard, with child like amazment that they refuse to lay blame on them for anything. Have Rice, McFarland and Spires forgotten everything Rod has taught them? Have Allen and Phillips forgotten everything Tomlin/Morris has taught them? Barber, Kelly forgotten everything Herm, Tomlin and Morris taught them? Are we to believe that these player will be benched or fined for continueing to do what the old coaches have taught them and only follow the direction of the new coaches? Are we to believe that even if that crazy idea were true Monte would allow a new asst coach to come in and change everything that has been run for 10 years? Stop blaming the coaches for the defense getting old and slow, or maybe just not having the heart anymore. I know it's hard, and some of you are in denial...Brooks is no longer the best. Rice isn't either. Barber is slow and has to grab jersey to keep from getting burned. None of them seem to remember how to tackle...McFarland always sucked. If you want to blame anyone other than the players, you have to blame the guys at the top. They gave these new asst coaches what they have to work with.

Seriously, check your self into a 12 step program if you have to. It's a fact Derrick Brooks, Ronde Barber, Simeon Rice and the gang can't play forever. Let go!!!! It's the player's fault.

I don't believe any of us are laying the blame at the feet of Jethro and the other new coaches. They're coaching their izazzes off, I'm sure.  However, we are lamenting the loss of Rod and Mike, whom obviously were excellent coaches at their positions and got their players ready to play every week.

I'm hopeful the new coaches will grow into their roles and become as good as Rod and Mike....but facts are facts.

The difference between 2005 and 2006 - 1 player on defense....and I'm sorry, Dex Jackson doesn't mean THAT MUCH to the defense.

The other big difference - Rod and Mike being gone and Joe Barry being pizzed off.

There in, in my humble opinion, lies the death of the Buccaneers defense.

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

« #22 : October 11, 2006, 02:18:36 AM »

they really didnt play horrible....take away the bush return......and the fumble in our own territory.....thats 14 points.....
even with the long run by deuce...they held them to a field goal....

thats really not that bad.

I know I'm just a girl and everything, but I thought the Defense was supposed to TACKLE! [banghead]

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #23 : October 11, 2006, 10:39:20 AM »

I know I'm just a girl and everything, but I thought the Defense was supposed to TACKLE! [banghead]

Right you are young lady.

« #24 : October 11, 2006, 09:32:49 PM »

The PLAYERS are just flat out missing their tackles!!  [banghead]
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blaming the new defensive coaches is ludicrous « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools