Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Petitgout & Williams placed on the active PUP list « previous next »
Page: 1

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: July 25, 2008, 09:51:54 PM

OT Luke Petitgout who is recovering from a knee injury was placed on the active PUP list along with recovering running back Carnell Williams, both players will be allowed to practice as soon as they are ready. Should neither be ready before the start of the season they can be placed on the reserve PUP list which would result in both players having to sit out the first six weeks of the 2008 season before the team could activate them.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

#1 : July 25, 2008, 09:52:49 PM

OT Luke Petitgout who is recovering from a knee injury was placed on the active PUP list along with recovering running back Carnell Williams, both players will be allowed to practice as soon as they are ready. Should neither be ready before the start of the season they can be placed on the reserve PUP list which would result in both players having to sit out the first six weeks of the 2008 season before the team could activate them.

Let's go Penn !!!!!!!

#2 : July 25, 2008, 09:54:01 PM

Lets go Dunn!!!

#3 : July 25, 2008, 09:54:51 PM

No surprise really about Pettigout.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#4 : July 25, 2008, 10:22:42 PM

Just speculation here but putting them on the active PUP list no sure if it allows them to carry two extra players for a few weeks ie: Chris Simms to see how healthy Simms is and a way for Allen to maybe recoup a late round draft pick for him.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : July 26, 2008, 01:42:50 AM

Petty is toast at this point...seriously...

And we all thought the Giants G.M. was a toolshed for bashing ex-players...he may have seen that Petty was injury prone, or lazy in his rehab...

I guess Petty is off my list this season.  Gotta roll with Donald Penn...which does not really make me think the Line is not ready for the big time yet...I mean, the most important part in that line for a right handed QB is the LT, and Donald Penn is manning the guns there...yeah...and we all like to bash Jeff Garcia (dorks).

#6 : July 26, 2008, 01:51:58 AM

My thoughts from the adult board:

Ugh. Luke Pettigout going on the PUP would be a downer. The TC battle between him and Penn is supposed to be important to the strength of our line.

Let's be honest here.  After last season the job is really Penn's to lose.  His pass pro was quality work, as good as Luke's easily.  He needed work in run blocking.  Unless he showed zero improvement in run-blocking it was his job.  Luke can take an extra rest, come back in a week or two, but he's the old man being forced out by a younger player with comparable skills. 

Luke was a decent signing, not a "Stud LOT" we landed.  Penn is pretty damn close to him in terms of last year's performance, and he's a whole hell of a lot younger and cheaper.  The team is looking to invest in him rather than Luke unless he totally blows it.

#7 : July 26, 2008, 02:08:21 AM

I know this Zuttah guy we drafted is versatile on line positions and looks pretty solid, maybe he could be a huge surprise and step in if Penn starts to struggle?

He's not built to be a tackle.

Zuttah was drafted to be a top-quality reserve interior lineman and to fight it out with Buenning for the "center of the future" title given Faine's injury record.  He should only see OT duty in dire emergencies.

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#8 : July 26, 2008, 02:44:24 AM

Zee has played tackle 4 years and has quick feet he could play tackle at some point....and Buenning is looking very good at center.

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

#9 : July 26, 2008, 09:37:32 AM

Petty is toast at this point...seriously...

And we all thought the Giants G.M. was a toolshed for bashing ex-players...he may have seen that Petty was injury prone, or lazy in his rehab...

I guess Petty is off my list this season. Gotta roll with Donald Penn...which does not really make me think the Line is not ready for the big time yet...I mean, the most important part in that line for a right handed QB is the LT, and Donald Penn is manning the guns there...yeah...and we all like to bash Jeff Garcia (dorks).

Wasn't that an ACL???? in October of 2007......9 months out,  in not stable, nor ready for the NFL....no matter what you hear you can  never rush a tendon injury, just like Caddy will not be ready probably this year at all....work in  the Physical Therapy field 5 days a week,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#10 : July 26, 2008, 09:42:20 AM

Zee has played tackle 4 years and has quick feet he could play tackle at some point....and Buenning is looking very good at center.
I believe he only played right tackle, which athletically is a long way from left tackle.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 26, 2008, 09:52:46 AM

Petitgout is about worthless.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#12 : July 26, 2008, 10:24:57 AM

Maybe now Davis makes the roster

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#13 : July 26, 2008, 10:25:10 AM

Just speculation here but putting them on the active PUP list no sure if it allows them to carry two extra players for a few weeks ie: Chris Simms to see how healthy Simms is and a way for Allen to maybe recoup a late round draft pick for him.
I believe the key word is "active". They count on the roster.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#14 : July 27, 2008, 10:09:37 AM

I remember reading Zuttah had played every OL position but Center in college. He's very smart and very athletic; under 5.0 in the 40 at the combine, over 30 reps in the bench press. Yucc reported Buenning, Sears, and Zuttah were all getting reps as the backup C yesterday. He also noted Roland as backup LT? Ouch; I think they need to do better than that...
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Petitgout & Williams placed on the active PUP list « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools