Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anquan Boldin Available In Trade? Pull The Trigger! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

« #30 : July 26, 2008, 01:05:26 PM »

Just read about Galloway's groin strain.  I believe he has some history with groin injuries.  Definitely not good at his age.  Double my last post.  If Boldin is actually available, get him, then pay him and lock him up for 5 years.

A pulled groin is what sidelined him in 04 IIRC....

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #31 : July 26, 2008, 01:08:11 PM »

Yea - his groin bothers him every 4 years - it is a curse....

C'mon guys - if Joey gets a hangnail he is gonna sit. So feeling a tug in his groin (had to get that in for 'doc) is for certain gonna get everyone's attention.   He will take care of it with the staff - and be fine by Tuesday..

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Lamond

Hall of Famer

« #32 : July 26, 2008, 01:09:56 PM »

I think most of us remember the Jared Allen threads. Boldin is as good a player without the baggage.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #33 : July 26, 2008, 01:16:19 PM »

Wow - and I thought talking about Joey in the Boldin thread was damn near a hijack CA - but you came back with a comparison that didn't involve a DE, so all is well.... ;D

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

« #34 : July 26, 2008, 01:29:07 PM »

I think he would be happy to come here. Think about it a minute. He would have to know that Joey G. isn't going to be here that long, and Boldin should be the guy to step in his place. Where he is at now, I don't see him being the #1 WR anytime soon. The bucs would be a better fit for Boldin altogether than anyone in the league. He would make #1 in 1-2yrs time. That HAS to be an interesting factor when choosing a team. Plus (for him), IF he played really well, he could ask for contract renegotiations.

I still don't think he's as good as some say, but "he is better than anyone we have on our WR core NOT named Galloway." as others have posted a few times over. My reasoning for that, is because he has a VERY good WR across from him... Without that, is he JUST as good? I'm not sure. Either way ANYONE puts it, Boldin is better than clayton, Hilliard, and Sovall put together. But is he a future TO, in more ways than one?  :-

Btw, Joey is so darn fast, it's dang-near laughable. I would expect someone with that kind of speed to throw himself out of wack once in awhile.

« #35 : July 26, 2008, 01:34:43 PM »

I still don't think he's as good as some say, but "he is better than anyone we have on our WR core NOT named Galloway." as others have posted a few times over.

This guy is better than Galloway.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

« #36 : July 26, 2008, 01:46:42 PM »

Really "hate"? Man, I wasn't sure he was THAT good as of yet. He could truly be better than an old-Galloway, no arguement there. If Joey was younger I would have to argue with you on that, but he's an old fart at this point.

Imvho, Galloway WILL be gone at the end of this season  :-, so FO better "knuckle-up" and get us some WR's before that time comes. There are better WR's than Boldin, but at least he's in the "T.J. Houshmanwhatever" range  :-. That is an improvement Gru surely would run with.

« #37 : July 26, 2008, 01:50:58 PM »

It seems we view Boldin's talents differently which is kool. I happen to view Boldin top 10.

MVP

Pro Bowler

« #38 : July 26, 2008, 01:55:59 PM »

It'll take quite a lot of cash and compensation to make that happen. There are too many variables that make it a pipe dream at best.  I do agree that Boldin and Favre would make us SB ready but I don't see it happening.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #39 : July 26, 2008, 01:57:06 PM »

I still don't think he's as good as some say, but "he is better than anyone we have on our WR core NOT named Galloway." as others have posted a few times over.

No doubt, Boldin is a better all-around receiver than Galloway.  Galloway is probably still a little faster...but that's all he has on Boldin, or Fitz.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

« #40 : July 26, 2008, 02:10:50 PM »

oh, how I wish the Bucs would make this happen.

wishful thinking.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #41 : July 26, 2008, 02:39:39 PM »

No doubt, Boldin is a better all-around receiver than Galloway.  Galloway is probably still a little faster...but that's all he has on Boldin, or Fitz.
But it's harder to find a guy like Galloway who can consistently get open deep. Boldin is very good, but it's not as hard to find players to catch short passes in traffic.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #42 : July 26, 2008, 02:45:10 PM »

But it's harder to find a guy like Galloway who can consistently get open deep. Boldin is very good, but it's not as hard to find players to catch short passes in traffic.

Maybe, maybe not.

But I would say that I think Boldin would be able to get open deep more consistently than Galloway would be able to catch short passes over the middle...and why Boldin is a better all around receiver than Joey, IMO.

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

« #43 : July 26, 2008, 02:47:36 PM »

Galloway is old and injured. He wont last the season probably, considering he has a groin injury not even first practice into camp. Boldin would make this team an instant threat on offense. we just lack that WR skill that we need and hopefully if Favre comes to Tampa it will make this very prepared for the Superbowl if Boldin is on the team.

Aye, So we cut Clifton Smith?!?!

Set Course for Tampa Bay! Its time we make Bruce Allen a member of Davy Jones Locker!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #44 : July 26, 2008, 03:28:50 PM »

But I would say that I think Boldin would be able to get open deep more consistently than Galloway would be able to catch short passes over the middle...and why Boldin is a better all around receiver than Joey, IMO.
Boldin had 71 receptions in 2007 and only one of them was over 40 yards, while playing in an offense way more wide open than the Bucs. Galloway only had 57 catches and 6 of them were over 40 yards. Catching short passes over the middle is not an elite NFL skill. You pay guys like Ike Hilliard the vet minimum to do that. You save your money for the guys that do it deep.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anquan Boldin Available In Trade? Pull The Trigger! « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools