Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Washington Post: Packers' Efforts to Trade Favre Gain Momentum « previous next »
Page: 1 2

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#15 : July 26, 2008, 11:45:13 AM

A first for ONE year? They have to be out of they're dang minds. I think it would serve them right not to be able to trade, then get stuck with him. (Never thought I'd say that) <--getting "stuck" with Favre lol. Sounds like what we say about Simms.....

It's so late into the offseason, I don't know how good Favre would be on this team, vs. Gacia anyhow (who's been here). Even if he is a HOFer, there will still be a learning curve, no matter what ANYONE wants to believe. We JUST got done doing that with Garcia, I'm sure the FO would love to do that again, considering they'll have to do it again in another years time anyway... Garcia is/was a better fit for this team. He is a QB you could put into any system, and he would do "ok" where ever he were to go. Favre on the other-hand, has not played anywhere else. It may take him too long to get his head on correctly in this offense. So then, what's the point? Ticket sales? Doesn't help me much as a fan.... I'd rather see good play, than ticket sales.

BA trading for Favre would say one basic thing to me. He would rather have money, than keep the fans happy with wins.

I wouldn't blink if this team gave up two first round picks and a few million bucks for an opportunity to win the Super Bowl. Oh wait...we've already done that.

Those in the "let's just keep Garcia" crowd have no idea what impact a quarterback the caliber of Brett Favre makes.

We've never had that type of QB here in Tampa.

Favre keeps the defense honest, moving the safties and corners back, giving the running game more room to work. Favre makes our receivers better, with his accuracy and rocket arm getting the ball in where no other QB in the NFC can. Favre gives you the maverick leadership of a guy who is out there having the time of his life...as opposed to another guy who just cares about his paycheck. Favre will increase the turnovers - but he'll double the amount of touchdowns.

The Buccaneer offense will be what it never has been - explosive, dynamic - everything Jon Gruden has ever dreamed of...and combined with this defense? Hell, Favre used Green Bay's average running game and decent, but not great defense to a 13-3 record and the NFC Championship game. What do you think he'll do with our running game, o-line, and Defense?

The addition of Brett Favre not only places the Bucs firmly up there with the Cowboys as Favorites in the NFC, but gives us our best shot at winning the Super Bowl since 2002.

Gruden needs this - to stop all the fans from **CENSORED**ing about him and the players from doubting him. We need this because it will finally stop all the drama we've endured every off-season since the Super Bowl.

And finally...wouldn't it be cool for the Buccos to win the Super Bowl at Ray Jay?

This guy makes it more realistic than pipe dream.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 26, 2008, 11:48:03 AM

A first for ONE year? They have to be out of they're dang minds. I think it would serve them right not to be able to trade, then get stuck with him. (Never thought I'd say that) <--getting "stuck" with Favre lol. Sounds like what we say about Simms.....

It's so late into the offseason, I don't know how good Favre would be on this team, vs. Gacia anyhow (who's been here). Even if he is a HOFer, there will still be a learning curve, no matter what ANYONE wants to believe. We JUST got done doing that with Garcia, I'm sure the FO would love to do that again, considering they'll have to do it again in another years time anyway... Garcia is/was a better fit for this team. He is a QB you could put into any system, and he would do "ok" where ever he were to go. Favre on the other-hand, has not played anywhere else. It may take him too long to get his head on correctly in this offense. So then, what's the point? Ticket sales? Doesn't help me much as a fan.... I'd rather see good play, than ticket sales.

BA trading for Favre would say one basic thing to me. He would rather have money, than keep the fans happy with wins.

I wouldn't blink if this team gave up two first round picks and a few million bucks for an opportunity to win the Super Bowl. Oh wait...we've already done that.

Those in the "let's just keep Garcia" crowd have no idea what impact a quarterback the caliber of Brett Favre makes.

We've never had that type of QB here in Tampa.

Favre keeps the defense honest, moving the safties and corners back, giving the running game more room to work. Favre makes our receivers better, with his accuracy and rocket arm getting the ball in where no other QB in the NFC can. Favre gives you the maverick leadership of a guy who is out there having the time of his life...as opposed to another guy who just cares about his paycheck. Favre will increase the turnovers - but he'll double the amount of touchdowns.

The Buccaneer offense will be what it never has been - explosive, dynamic - everything Jon Gruden has ever dreamed of...and combined with this defense? Hell, Favre used Green Bay's average running game and decent, but not great defense to a 13-3 record and the NFC Championship game. What do you think he'll do with our running game, o-line, and Defense?

The addition of Brett Favre not only places the Bucs firmly up there with the Cowboys as Favorites in the NFC, but gives us our best shot at winning the Super Bowl since 2002.

Gruden needs this - to stop all the fans from **CENSORED**ing about him and the players from doubting him. We need this because it will finally stop all the drama we've endured every off-season since the Super Bowl.

And finally...wouldn't it be cool for the Buccos to win the Super Bowl at Ray Jay?

This guy makes it more realistic than pipe dream.

QFT

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 26, 2008, 11:57:26 AM

1.)  Ticket sales, or more the point, general interest in the team is critical to the Business of the Bucs.  The level of interest is clearly down.  Your opinion as a fan means very little unless you are planning on buying multiple 10 year club seats.  That "fan" who has that capability is local businesses.  No marquis player and identity means no interest from local businesses.  

2.)  Favre with a learning curve >>> Garcia ,and I don't have a problem with Garcia per se.  

3.)  Bringing in Favre does make the Bucs better on the field.  If he can bring the team deep into the play offs that will translate to a better P/L statement this season.  

4.)  Neither Favre nor the status quo of Garcia solve the QB problem in 2009.  Both are in reality one year options and sorry Luke, there is absolutely no one of the Bucs roster who is even remotely a QB of the Future.   So if you are going to pay that toll anyhow, why not go with the one with a higher talent level?  

5.)  Emotion:  Gruden had major hissy fits over not bringing in Turley, E. Smith, D. Russell, and Seau to name just a few.  He is well aware that Favre is one phone call away from being on his roster.  Throwing the tantrum he threw over Emmitt will be look like that guy with the curley hair who used to paint on PBS compared to the one he will throw if Favre isn't in camp by Monday.  

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 26, 2008, 12:02:52 PM

lol

PBS curly hair guy = Bob Ross

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#19 : July 26, 2008, 12:33:54 PM

"As I sit here today, Jeff Garcia is our quarterback and I'm excited about that," Gruden said. "I love Jeff Garcia. I've never said anything but positive things about Jeff and I have tremendous confidence in him leading this football team. He's a huge reason why we got this thing turned around last year and a huge reason why we got a chance to win the division again this season."

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20080726/article/807260346&tc=yahoo

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 26, 2008, 12:40:35 PM

"As I sit here today, Jeff Garcia is our quarterback and I'm excited about that," Gruden said. "I love Jeff Garcia. I've never said anything but positive things about Jeff and I have tremendous confidence in him leading this football team. He's a huge reason why we got this thing turned around last year and a huge reason why we got a chance to win the division again this season."

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20080726/article/807260346&tc=yahoo

Thank you for the quote by Jon Gruden.  It provides the reader with the expected insight from our HC. 

Now I have the following suggestions:

1.)  Print out the report
2.)  Place printed report on the bottom of your nearest bird cage.
3.)  Discard when soiled as there will be plenty more such quotes with the same level of accuracy from Gruden in training camp for this utility. 
4.)  Repeat as needed.   

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 26, 2008, 12:47:06 PM

"As I sit here today..."

Speaks volumes.

#22 : July 26, 2008, 12:51:04 PM

What's really funny about the people that say Garcia would be better than Favre is these are the same people that thought we would have won 11 games last year had Garcia played every game.  In his first year.  Yet they argue that somehow, Brett couldn't do better than that in HIS first year.  Cuz, yeah, Garcia's just that much better than Brett...

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 26, 2008, 04:56:55 PM

Favre to Jets Very Remote

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2008/07/favre_to_jets_is_absolutely_de.html

Excerpt:

In fact, the person said chances of a deal were unlikely in the first place but the Jets had to do their due diligence.

That person, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he's not authorized by the Jets, Packers or Favre to speak on their behalf, said that the Jets feel the only reason the issue came up is because the Packers and the Favre Camp are trying to drum up interest for the 38-year-old quarterback and they leaked the information to the media.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Washington Post: Packers' Efforts to Trade Favre Gain Momentum « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools