Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Packers, Bucs Were Close To Agreeing On Favre Trade? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

bucs1

Practice Squad
: July 27, 2008, 03:01:05 PM

According to reports from The Tampa Tribune, the Packers and Bucs were close to agreeing on compensation in a trade that would have sent Brett Favre to the Bucs on Saturday.  If this is infact true, the Bucs really did have interest in Favre after all.  I wonder if they are still pursuing this trade.  Now that Favre filed his reinstatement papers, he put some added pressure on the Packers to trade him and the Packers may have to lower their asking price.  It will be interesting to see how this ends in the next few days and if Favre will become a Buc.

From Rotoworld.com: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Story from TBO.com: http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/favre-talks-back-on/

Favre Talks Back On?

LAKE BUENA VISTA - The Bucs may not be sitting out the Brett Favre trade talks after all.

Though it was believed that the Bucs and Jets had both decided to wait until Favre reported to camp to renew any trade talks with the Packers, we are now hearing of a discussion between the Bucs and Packers that supposedly took place on Saturday. And the end result may be why the Favre saga is suddenly at a standstill.

It is believed that the Bucs and Packers were close to an agreement on compensation but that the agreement fell apart sometime on Saturday.

The sticking point is no doubt the Packers demand for a conditional draft pick that would become a No. 1 based either on Favre’s performance or his new team gaining a berth in the playoffs.

That has always seemed to be a rather hefty asking price and it seems the Bucs have balked at that. It is believed that the Jets are continuing to sit this thing out, and that may be where the Bucs are now.

sealbuc2

Starter

#1 : July 27, 2008, 03:04:37 PM

I wonder were the trib is getting there info?

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 27, 2008, 03:06:40 PM

ESPN said he has signed his reinstatement papers but has NOT faxed them to the league office yet.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#3 : July 27, 2008, 03:07:11 PM

According to reports from The Tampa Tribune, the Packers and Bucs were close to agreeing on compensation in a trade that would have sent Brett Favre to the Bucs on Saturday.  If this is infact true, the Bucs really did have interest in Favre after all.  I wonder if they are still pursuing this trade.  Now that Favre filed his reinstatement papers, he put some added pressure on the Packers to trade him and the Packers may have to lower their asking price.  It will be interesting to see how this ends in the next few days and if Favre will become a Buc.

From Rotoworld.com: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Story from TBO.com: http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/favre-talks-back-on/

Favre Talks Back On?

LAKE BUENA VISTA - The Bucs may not be sitting out the Brett Favre trade talks after all.

Though it was believed that the Bucs and Jets had both decided to wait until Favre reported to camp to renew any trade talks with the Packers, we are now hearing of a discussion between the Bucs and Packers that supposedly took place on Saturday. And the end result may be why the Favre saga is suddenly at a standstill.

It is believed that the Bucs and Packers were close to an agreement on compensation but that the agreement fell apart sometime on Saturday.

The sticking point is no doubt the Packers demand for a conditional draft pick that would become a No. 1 based either on Favre�s performance or his new team gaining a berth in the playoffs.

That has always seemed to be a rather hefty asking price and it seems the Bucs have balked at that. It is believed that the Jets are continuing to sit this thing out, and that may be where the Bucs are now.

Roy Cummings... Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile...

i believe it.

after D brooks came out and said garcia was our QB... or something like that, in an interview... i think that the bucs realized that we are ok with favre or garcia... and slowed down trade talks.  green bay is going for the gold... the most they will get is a definite 4th and a conditional 2nd. imo.

imo.. expect a trade by green bay by days end.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 27, 2008, 03:07:55 PM

Sounds logical to me...........just saying.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#5 : July 27, 2008, 03:08:25 PM

ESPN said he has signed his reinstatement papers but has NOT faxed them to the league office yet.

they will be turned in by the end of today.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 27, 2008, 03:10:18 PM

It's all postering with GB with the most to lose.  We got a QB and don't need one...Bruce I hope you're wearing the studded ski mask for style points!!!!  LOL

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

bucs1

Practice Squad
#7 : July 27, 2008, 03:11:07 PM

The only thing I'm worried about is that Brett Favre might not want to play for the Bucs.  What if we trade for him and he gets here and decides that he doesn't want to play for us and retires again?  Also, if we get Favre, I would still want to keep Jeff Garcia.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#8 : July 27, 2008, 03:12:35 PM

if NYJ really bailed out then we are bidding against ourselves.  why then would we offer them a high draft pick, even if its a conditional high draft pick?  GB has no leverage.  We dont need him.  we'd be taking him off their hands and bringing the media circus here instead of there.  

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 27, 2008, 03:13:01 PM

LIke the sig Talib.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#10 : July 27, 2008, 03:13:35 PM

I think BA is playing it smart.......pretty soon Green Bay will be saying......please, someone, take this guy off our hands.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 27, 2008, 03:14:03 PM

The only thing I'm worried about is that Brett Favre might not want to play for the Bucs.  What if we trade for him and he gets here and decides that he doesn't want to play for us and retires again?  Also, if we get Favre, I would still want to keep Jeff Garcia.

Like Jake Plummer

bucs1

Practice Squad
#12 : July 27, 2008, 03:14:19 PM

LIke the sig Talib.

Thanks, Cherubic Adonis. :)

The only thing I'm worried about is that Brett Favre might not want to play for the Bucs.  What if we trade for him and he gets here and decides that he doesn't want to play for us and retires again?  Also, if we get Favre, I would still want to keep Jeff Garcia.

Like Jake Plummer

Exactly.  If we trade for Favre and he retires again, what would Garcia think?

dbrooks55

Starter

#13 : July 27, 2008, 03:14:57 PM

ESPN, was showing that Favre told Thompson he want to resume his career...and Thompson asked for a few days to sort it out...meaning a trade. I would assume he is open to playing for a team he was traded to.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : July 27, 2008, 03:15:37 PM

If that were to happen, I am sure there would be wording in the deal that says if Favre balks at playing with the Bucs, Tampa would get what they gave up back...

And that is one of the reasons why I sort of don't get this lovefrest for Brett, espescially considering how people were railing on Garcia for wanting a pay raise.  I mean, BRett is obviously a better QB than Jeff is.  But Jeff played well last year.  The Bucs played well last year.  And Brett is acting like the biggest bum in the world, if you ask me...

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Packers, Bucs Were Close To Agreeing On Favre Trade? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools