Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Packers, Bucs Were Close To Agreeing On Favre Trade? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#75 : July 27, 2008, 09:19:59 PM

During the week while listening to Kirwan on Sirius as I often do... Kirwan said more than a few times he didnt think Favre would end up here. He said there were reasons that "I'd rather not talk about". He said this more than once. Perhaps a personal issue with coaching? Im totally guessing here. He never did expound  on this supposed issue though.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#76 : July 27, 2008, 09:25:18 PM

Don Banks' opinion on why Favre will stay retired...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/07/27/sunday.snaps/index.html#?eref=T1

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#77 : July 27, 2008, 09:26:37 PM

Â   Yeah, after compensation is agreed to, another team might well swoop in with a better offer. That's why I don't think it's a good idea to dump Garcia. Keep'em both, at least until Favre shows he's committed to playing here. After all, Garcia, like Favre, doesn't have a lot of options as far as going somewhere to be a starter... Definitely very tricky waters to navigate...

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#78 : July 27, 2008, 10:05:37 PM

It's no secret that Brett's preference is the Vikings. That's not going to happen. So Brett's going to have to decide whether or not he wants to play out the string in New York, take a shot at a championship in Tampa, or just go away.

At this point, I don't really care any more. If we're not good enough for Favre, frak him. Let him get killed in New York or sit on his tractor in Mississippi.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#79 : July 28, 2008, 08:59:07 AM

His agent started contacting teams months ago. You don't think he knew Brett was coming back?

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#80 : July 28, 2008, 03:36:23 AM

if he wants this done quickly he should tell the GM  get serious or i'll be in camp tomorrow.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#81 : July 28, 2008, 08:25:29 AM

give them a conditional pick... that escalates to the 2nd round at best... Green Bay should be happy about that! that a 2nd draft pick they didn't have before. its a win-win for Green Bay. God, I hope this happens,

escalate it to a 1st if Favre wins a ring. I'd gladly give up a 1st for a Super Bowl.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#82 : July 28, 2008, 08:28:55 AM

if he wants this done quickly he should tell the GM get serious or i'll be in camp tomorrow.

Favre is cutting the Packers a lot more slack than he should be. His wife and his agent are telling him to play hardball.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#83 : July 28, 2008, 08:29:59 AM

give them a conditional pick... that escalates to the 2nd round at best... Green Bay should be happy about that! that a 2nd draft pick they didn't have before. its a win-win for Green Bay. God, I hope this happens,

I'm with ya Krazy. A ring for the 32nd pick? That's a steal.

escalate it to a 1st if Favre wins a ring. I'd gladly give up a 1st for a Super Bowl.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#84 : July 28, 2008, 08:56:00 AM

Favre is cutting the Packers a lot more slack than he should be. His wife and his agent are telling him to play hardball.

and really, what does his wife and agent know?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#85 : July 28, 2008, 09:05:43 AM

So he had months to see what teams would be interested and only 3 teams showed interest.  I find that hard to believe when half of the teams need a Quarterback.  He probably speculated that Favre may return, but I don’t think he contacted teams.
Heck, you’d think a deal would have gotten done by now.  Favre is an ass.  As Buc Fans hoping he’d come here, we were the only fans on his side, but now he is being a prima dona and clearly just wants to play for the Vikings as he would have sent his papers in already.  Screw him.  I wanted him here, but give me a break.  He may not have even been good in our offense…

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#86 : July 28, 2008, 09:08:02 AM

from afar, i think he (and brett) just overplayed their cards.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#87 : July 28, 2008, 09:41:18 AM

You may be right about that.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#88 : July 28, 2008, 09:54:49 AM

Somethings gotta give whether we are players in that or not.  Ted and GB do not want him there.  He wants to play.  But its obvious he wants to play where he wants to play.  I assme NFC north because the offenses are easy to pick up and he can step in with no consequences.  What some of you view as a positive may be a slight negative. That is Brett's "willingness" to learn new terminology and spends hours catching up plus the grind of camp.  Everyone leapped to the conclusion that his familiarity with the WCO was a plus, but JG's playbook is different.  It's not a free wheelling kind of atmosphere.  Sure the concepts are the same but some nuances could pose problems.

We have almost everything he's looking for.  A coach that will love him, close to home in Mississippi, money is really no object whether he restructures or not, grass on the field for his aging knees, nice running game, up and coming oline to protect.  Our receivers are arguably a question mark but I think they are adequate.  Heck may get Joey's hamstring all well if he knew Bret was throwing to him. So if this is the logical choice (or at least the most logical I can think of for a chance at winning), then why does Brett need/want more options?  Or is GB trying to foil the whole thing even feelin the visit to Tampa would be an ugly scene for the organization?

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#89 : July 28, 2008, 09:59:12 AM

I think you pretty close to the bone there Chev.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Packers, Bucs Were Close To Agreeing On Favre Trade? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools